Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 7th, 2010, 02:52 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Where to sticker your uncommon cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
As for the discussion about having more than 4 Feral Trolls in a single army. I considered that a player can have atleast 6 with HS resources taht have been available so far. Blue, Red, Green, Yellow per MS3 stickers, White sticker per 1st edition/sperkle water MS1, and 1 Troll with no sticker.
Actually with just the stuff in the MS3 box you can have 16 differently marked trolls. Since each box comes with a new set of stickers you can have double, triple, and even a quad color troll(s). Or if you're talking about the stuff in just one box you can only have one troll .

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:28 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

You can go to any office supply store and get a rainbow of sticker colors!
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
I'll probably put a sticker on the bottom of the base of the figure and a sticker on the back of the card (as in, the basic side of the card, probably in a corner somewhere).

I mean, most of the time you probably won't even need the sticker/marker anyways, but if a question ever arises you just have to flip it over.

Maybe I will cut the sticker down a little bit and then put it in a corner on the master side, I'm not sure. But no matter what the other sticker is going on the bottom of the troll's base.
I don't forsee either of these two options working out very well for you. Putting your stickers in places where you can't see them in game doesn't allow them to do what they're supposed to.

If you have to go around checking the bottom of the troll's base and the back of the card every other time they take a wound, why bother even stickering them?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

My little sister is going to paint their toenails different colors to correspond with different colored markers.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
My little sister is going to paint their toenails different colors to correspond with different colored markers.
Whatever gets her involved in the game, right?
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
I'll probably put a sticker on the bottom of the base of the figure and a sticker on the back of the card (as in, the basic side of the card, probably in a corner somewhere).

I mean, most of the time you probably won't even need the sticker/marker anyways, but if a question ever arises you just have to flip it over.

Maybe I will cut the sticker down a little bit and then put it in a corner on the master side, I'm not sure. But no matter what the other sticker is going on the bottom of the troll's base.
I don't forsee either of these two options working out very well for you. Putting your stickers in places where you can't see them in game doesn't allow them to do what they're supposed to.

If you have to go around checking the bottom of the troll's base and the back of the card every other time they take a wound, why bother even stickering them?
Well, Grungebob has said a couple of times that really you don't even need the stickers, they are just there in case you want to use them (you have trouble keeping track or you want to prevent arguments perhaps). If you can keep track of them just fine normally, putting them out of view is fine because the only time you will need them is if a dispute of some kind comes up, which will probably be so rare that the inconvenience is very minor. Aassuming it is easy to keep track of them without the stickers, those few-and-far-between instances will surely be less annoying than the aesthetic issues.
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you don't want to modify your figures or cards, you could use those little colored rubber bands that folks use to finish off corn-rows. Just give each troll a pair of wristbands (that are removable) and put some temporary marker (like the colored wound-type markers) on the card that corresponds to the color of hair-tie on the troll's wrist(s).

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
. . . Aassuming it is easy to keep track of them without the stickers, those few-and-far-between instances will surely be less annoying than the aesthetic issues.
I see where you're coming from, I personally think that keeping track of your own uncommons, your opponent's uncommons, and what's going on in the game, while do-able, is not worth the effort. Distinguishing your figures and cards doesn't just make things easier for you, it's a courtesy to your oppoent.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I put them on the bottom of the base under his front foot. If an opponet dislikes me picking up my figure to identify him, I will allow him to replace him. I did put them under the power thing too, and laminated them within an hour of arrival. The stickers run through it fine, although you can feel the bumb and see a miniscule air ring around it. But other then that, they come out just as good as the others. Played the first 2 scenarios with my dad yesterday, and I think the second one is almost pointless for the Drow player. I plan on closing the adventure tonight, by either detonating my drow next to him, or by possibly getting him in the last encounter with a well placed attack from Ortho to kill Ana, and then watch as the dragon slowly kills the dwarf and Everan. Tandros will be the biggest pain in my arse. Especially with the +1 attack glyph.

Speaking of Everan, I would like to retract my opinion that he is not very good. For 80 points, in a Unique setting, I can see almost no reason to not take him. He has a powerful ranged special, he can do a long distance nuke strike on a rear cheerleader, and he can sit well under just some minor defensive protection.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old April 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

How to mark uncommon heroes to differentiate them has come up in their various threads. I think this was the original thread and not tied to any particular uncommon... In one of the other threads, which I can't locate now, someone came up with the idea of using the little rubber bands that are used with dental braces, which come in lots of colors. I had a little idea to further the concept.

Some characters work great for a little paint job, but others, like the GIE, are more difficult to mark in a "cool" way. And there are the purists who don't really want to mark either the figure or the card from a electability standpoint. So, here's my idea:

Office supply stores sell rubber bands in various sizes and colors. One bag of mixed size colors is all you need. Pull out a handful of the smallest in varying colors and a handful of largish in matching colors. When you field, say, 4 uncommons of the same type, use just one card. Put small rubber bands on 3 of the figures and layout the 3 matching colored larger rubber bands by the one card. The unbanded figure's wound and order markers go on the card, the banded figures wound and order markers go inside the loop of the appropriately colored larger band. Less clutter on the table, no modifications to figures or cards. It doesn't look as cool as some repaint options, but it's simple and works for figures that repaint options aren't as obvious.

Namaste,
'zymur
Old April 21st, 2010, 07:03 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I originaly put the stickers near the hit zome, but decided to now put them where the SUperstrength symbol would be if they were Marvel, or below the powers.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 21st, 2010, 08:53 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I put them by the name. The red sticker's a little hard to see though.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion