Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Are Marvel and DC The Same?

Back when I was a kid, the first time I remember what year it was is a memory of the copyright statement at the bottom of a comic book title page: Copyright 1959. Back then I was trading comics on the stoops of Bayside, Queens, New York City. Since then I've tried to keep up in general with what's going on, although I stopped buying mags regularly years ago. The occasional graphic novel or chat with a younger pal keeps me informed to a degree, and I'm collecting recent animations on DVD and old superhero TV series and movies (along with lots of Japanese anime).

The biggest change back in my active days was when Jack Kirby migrated (back) to DC after co-creating the Marvel Universe, and started his Fourth World trilogy and later others. I couldn't tell one company from another when it came to Kirby, my favorite creator (see Who's Your Favorite Kirby Character thread).

Now I watch Justice League Unlimited animated episodes, and it seems to me that the newer minor DC characters are all copies of specific Marvel ones. What do you say? Is there really any difference anymore? Or is the real juice today in the independents?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics