Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 26th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Couldyalinkit?

~Aldin, allsquisheduply
Spoiler Alert!

I have no doubt that the way we played the lava in the above spoiler was correct (some might say that HoB has no starting zones instead of what we said, but that's a format interpretation and not a rules one) because it was mid-game and placing=moving. Now the question is "do special powers and terrain effects take effect during initial placement?" I'm not sure that's something you can solve by looking at the rulebook.

Old January 26th, 2013, 01:07 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I really do hate this placing=moving thing, but I thought I remember that being, "for most instances".
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:05 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

How does one load a saved army in battle plan?

I see them if I save an army, but I can't find how to recall an army.
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:10 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
How does one load a saved army in battle plan?

I see them if I save an army, but I can't find how to recall an army.
The Arrow at the middle-top of the page.
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Removing post after re-thinking my flawed logic.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; January 26th, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Couldyalinkit?

~Aldin, allsquisheduply
Spoiler Alert!

I have no doubt that the way we played the lava in the above spoiler was correct (some might say that HoB has no starting zones instead of what we said, but that's a format interpretation and not a rules one) because it was mid-game and placing=moving. Now the question is "do special powers and terrain effects take effect during initial placement?" I'm not sure that's something you can solve by looking at the rulebook.
Nifty corner case that I don't think has any relationship to the idea that initial placement is different from "placing" that happens as a result of the effect of a card during the game.

Having said that... I think you got suckered by your dad who took advantage of one possible interpretation of a corner case that didn't exist at the time the glyph was created in order to cheat you out of a figure you should have gotten. I would certainly house rule that the intent of the placement for the glyph of sturla wouldn't allow placement on a molten lava space.

~Aldin, caught in some bad terrain

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Nifty corner case that I don't think has any relationship to the idea that initial placement is different from "placing" that happens as a result of the effect of a card during the game.

Having said that... I think you got suckered by your dad who took advantage of one possible interpretation of a corner case that didn't exist at the time the glyph was created in order to cheat you out of a figure you should have gotten. I would certainly house rule that the intent of the placement for the glyph of sturla wouldn't allow placement on a molten lava space.

There outta be a law . . .

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

It's a corner case created by the format, and not by the rules or glyph. I couldn't change the rules of the format mid-game, and I had known Sturla would be on the map (but hadn't done anything). It was a perfectly legitimate move, though a rather annoying one.

However, as you said, it has nothing to do with the discussion of whether initial placement="placement."

Old January 28th, 2013, 09:53 PM

bscox3 is surprisingly tart

Are there any heroscaper groups in Houston. I would love to meetup with a group.
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscox3 View Post
Are there any heroscaper groups in Houston. I would love to meetup with a group.
There are A LOT.

Search for Houston Scapers in the Online Scapers section. Or PM R˙chean.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:52 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscox3 View Post
There are A LOT.

Search for Houston Scapers in the Online Scapers section. Or PM R˙chean.
While R˙chean does know the Houston guys, he is personally in Dallas. Easiest way is to look for the Houston thread in the Scapers Online section as mentioned, or search specifically for Houston scapers through the member's list (Forums, look for "member's list" at the very very bottom of the page, then "search members" at the top right of the display table). Either way, you'll probably want to PM whomever you find, because I'm not sure how many of the Houston guys are still active on the forums.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

In the Meet Other Scapers subforum, there is a sticky with links to group threads by state (and country). I found this one there: Houston, we have a thread...
EDIT: I see you have already found it. Carry on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's