Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 25th, 2006, 08:10 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I can't wait to see your ideas cavie cos that volcano erruption idea looks good...also i really like the idea of adding on extra tiles after each round...makes for a more interesting game!
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:03 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
New map:

Chicano.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:35 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
your map mount rush is impossible to build the 1st level it shows on the pdf, or maybe youve already changed that.

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:03 AM

Hi Gambit,

i fixed that, version 1.0 is online now. thx for the hint!

Chicano.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:11 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Hey Chicano, I just played about 4 or 5 games on Death Valley. Its a neat map! Its very different from any map I've payed before.

Some observations:
Nilfheim is unstoppable on that map.
That map taught me to love mass venoc vipers.
Marrden hounds do exceptional as well.
You have great skill in stretching 2 master sets.

We tried some CTF games on that map, but they just turned into 'kill missions'

Thanks for the map!

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 08:18 AM

Aaah memories… death valley - my first 2 ms map =) I think Nilfheim wasnīt released yet when I builded this map (and still isnīt released in germany :-/ )

Thanks for your comments, always nice to read some game experiences from other scapers on these maps.

I think Nilfheim as a flying unit with range will rule almost anywhere.. Do you think that certain units ruled due to the layout of the map? Perhaps some ruins would help in this map to block some LOS – always good to help the poor melees .

Iīve not tried a CTF game yet (well except for quake, unreal tournament… ) Are there any well-tried rules, where can I get those?

Chicano.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:00 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
I dont know of any tried and true CTF rules.

One time we did use a custom glyph that gave +2 defense against range. It seemed to balance the map pretty well.

Nilf was able to use the heavy terrain and the rivers to his advantage. Melee couldn't attack him because he would keep hopping over the streams.

I think that map was all about crossing the rivers, and being fast. If the starting positions were on high ground, things would be different. But as it is, ranged units couldn't move onto the high side zones because it would take about 3 turns of just moving.

I think a tough terrain map like that is better suited for an objective based game. We tried a scenario where 2 players had to stop a single player from running from one starting zone to the other. It showed promise, but we didn't balance it right so the runner won easily.

The runner also killed my Sir Dennrick in a single hit. 5 skulls, no shields. But that is another story....

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Nilf was able to use the heavy terrain and the rivers to his advantage. Melee couldn't attack him because he would keep hopping over the streams.
perhaps some roads over the river and trees/ruins to block some LOS may help (-:

Quote:
If the starting positions were on high ground, things would be different. But as it is, ranged units couldn't move onto the high side zones because it would take about 3 turns of just moving.
mmmh. i donīt like starting positions on high grounds... i believe the players should need to gain high grounds and not have it already at the beginning. Starting from a low position also helps against camping, as everybody has to move out their units...

Quote:
The runner also killed my Sir Dennrick in a single hit. 5 skulls, no shields. But that is another story....
those days...

Chicano.

Old June 8th, 2006, 05:42 PM

Hi Scaper!

I thought of a little new map and i need some feedback to elvove it right... (-:

Bridge Switch

The main idea is that at the right end of the map there are some glyphs, figures may go trough the valley, but it will take longer. Over the water on the right side and the island blows a wind of Rannveig, so no flying is allowed to get to the other side to the glyphs at the big tree.

And now the new part: bridge "mecanics"

There are two glyphs of brandar, which switches the bridge to the respective side, so your figures can walk to the other side. If both glyphs are occupied the bridge wonīt move. If the opponent holds his brandar glyph, you will have to destroy him, to be able to move the bridge with your own brandar switch. The bridge moves with all figures on it!

an alternative could be, that the bridge switches constantly after, letīs say... 2 turns. And even on a third position, like this (-:

Any thoughts, criticism, ideas are welcome. thx, guys!

(Cavie.. changing terrain. Perhaps this could be something for your collection?!? =)

Chicano.

Old June 8th, 2006, 05:46 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
What if the bridge switched every round?
Old June 8th, 2006, 05:55 PM

mmmh, i rethink the idea and i like it better with the switches, but with a little tweak

the graphic cyles through:

- upper brandar is occupied
- down brandar is occupied
- both brandar are occupied

I think with the switches it would make more fun, than just have the bridge moving automatically without influence, what do you think of this way?

Old June 8th, 2006, 05:57 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
that's cool.

what about running the two ruins end to end so that the bridge is the only non-water way to get to the other team?

I really don't see me or my opponent ever getting to the bridge on that map.
and what if there is a character on a space where the bridge should go?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios