Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:25 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heroscape Coming back to Austin

Hey guys, putting out some feelers on bringing back a Heroscape tournament or tournaments to Austin MN. Between the game not being supported anymore and all the craziness of trying to have and having children the Austin tourneys died off, but I want to change that.

I have a sweet space that I am planning on hosting a mini con that is mostly themed around mini. I have talked to Codeman about getting a hold of his maps, so I will be able to accommodate a large number of players if need be. This even will be May 13th, 14th and 15th.

How many people are interested? Is there interest in having a few different tourneys one on each day with different formats?

List of Scapers interested in a tourney so far:
1. Targanth
2. Codeman
3. Dicehateme
4. Skytale
5. Skytale friend 1
6. Skytale friend 2
7. Fomox
8. Heirloom
9. Belrix
10. Belrix Guest 1
11. Belrix Guest 2
12. Q Who

Last edited by Jormi_Boced; April 10th, 2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:44 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape Coming back to Austin

At this time May sounds like it would work for me!
Old November 12th, 2015, 06:57 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I,m always interested in HS ..... It is on my calander...hope to spend all three days there!

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:26 PM

Dicehateme knows what's in an order marker Dicehateme knows what's in an order marker Dicehateme knows what's in an order marker

I would be very interested. Were you thinking of doing just Heroscape or other games as well? Maybe at least some open play with customs in addition to a standard HS tourney? Whatever it is I would love to attend. I can donate prizes as well.

Mike
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:03 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Other games as well for sure.

Thinking we could do a standard tourney and maybe one with customs too?

Look forward to seeing you there.
Old January 15th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

You have my interest, and I'm sure I could find a couple others.
Old January 17th, 2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
You have my interest, and I'm sure I could find a couple others.

Excellent! If people are interested in staying and gaming all weekend the Holiday Inn is offering a room block for 119 a night. Just mention AustiCon.

Also, there is an AmericInn right next door that is a bit cheaper I belive.
Old January 18th, 2016, 06:07 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If there is space I probably can leave 2 or 3 Heroscape maps out for open gaming.

I know April would really like to do a Summoner Wars tournament

For the most part I probably will just do open gaming.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 20th, 2016, 12:25 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

May 13-15 could work really well for me this year. I'm putting it on my calendar.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:19 AM

Cool Fomox!

I have updated the first post with a list of interested players.
Old January 27th, 2016, 10:43 PM

There is a Facebook event page setup for the Con now that will be updated with more info.
https://www.facebook.com/events/6672...9142239856051/
Old January 28th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I would like to make two requests for the Heroscape tournament:

1) Generally weak glyphs. It would be easiest to just use the same list that GenCon does (Initiative, +1 to d20, etc). The problem with +1 attack, +2 move, and other powerful glyphs is that they heavily favor squad builds. Despite numerous tests all of my hero-based builds fail miserably in that environment.

2) No Marvel. Yes, this seems to contradict my previous request. But this is not because I think the Marvel units are overpowered or even expect them to do well. It's because their inclusion drastically changes the metagame, making many risky builds untenable while making the usual top builds (4th Mass, ranged pod, Knights, etc) even better.

There are other tweaks that can be made as well to make otherwise weak builds more workable, such as smaller maps and the including of Treasure Glyphs. But those are my big two.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events