Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old November 18th, 2013, 07:17 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!
Laser Cut Hexes....

A friend from work just bought a freaking laser cutter and he took a bunch of optically clear acrylic and translucent blue acrylic to cut for me and I gave him an Illustrator vector file.

They are SO nice and SO heavy! I am collecting tons more for him to cut. I would love to get piles cut!

Just thought I'd give everyone a look here, especially since I've been out of the loop for so long.

(The are just dirty from the debris in the bag that held them, I'm gonna clean them tonight and build a test map!)

PM me about any custom scenery
Old November 18th, 2013, 08:05 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Laser Cut Hexes....

I'm trying to set something up where I can get these really cheap if not free! This first round fits perfectly. So now that it is tested and fits right, time to blast away with the laser! It takes about 2 minutes for each hex so it just gets set up and cuts away.

No promises yet, but if things work out, I'll be doing my best to get these to people!

Old November 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

That's awesome!
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:48 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I can't tell. Do they have room for stacking?
Either way, Great Find! ...Uh, Make?
...Whatever, it's still Great!
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:49 PM

RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker RAGNAROK knows what's in an order marker

Perfect! I was going to do the resin thing. Once you start churning them out, put me down for a small pile
Old November 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM

Right now, I'm collecting a massive stock pile of acrylic and other materials to cut tons of hexes. Singles all the way to 24's.

But as of now, we cannot cut into the bottom of them so they would need to be the lowest layer of a map build. Until we figure out how to get that done properly.

Might try the CNC machine or even deep level laser etching, but that is a lot of testing for that...lol

Old November 18th, 2013, 09:57 PM

Resin is WAY too pricey. Especially when high end acrylic scraps at work are free

Old November 18th, 2013, 11:17 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What CNC program do you plan on using?

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old November 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This could be the future of HS terrain...

+rep!

EDIT: You need to post pictures of the 24-hex pieces!
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
But as of now, we cannot cut into the bottom of them so they would need to be the lowest layer of a map build. Until we figure out how to get that done properly.
Since the ice/water tiles are half-hexes, they should be OK on higher levels as long as they are enclosed by higher terrain.

Those look awesome!
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:50 AM

I have no idea what program he uses...lol. I just give him files to cut.

I am going to start assembling a vector file for other hex sizes. 2, 3, 7 and 24 hex sheets. But anything over a single hex will need some type of etching to identify each hex. So this might take a while to get down to a science.

And yes, when they are surrounded by other hexes, they are just fine. stacking them alone is the issue.

Old November 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM

OMG.....I just realized.....we can cut metal with this thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles