Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 29th, 2016, 10:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Never heard of these guys...Can he really only phase when he's in a city? Seems like an oddly manifested Super Power.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 29th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

All of his powers are city-related. He has a weird symbiosis with cities. Really should have written up a bio for him. I'll do that later.

The Authority isn't a household name, but it was a pretty significant comic because it helped popularize 'widescreen comics'. Really influenced the style of storytelling in modern mainstream stuff. I'd post examples if I wasn't stuck on my phone.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:22 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = SPECTRUM
SECRET IDENTITY = MONICA RAMBEAU

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

AVENGER FIELD LEADER
At the start of the game, you may choose up to 2 other Unique Heroes you control and place a white Avenger Marker on each of their cards. After revealing an Order Marker on a card with an Avenger Marker on it, and after taking a turn with that figure, you may take an immediate turn with one other figure you control with an Avenger Marker on its card that is within 5 clear sight spaces of Spectrum, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

RADIOACTIVE BLAST
Before attacking, you may add up to 4 to Spectrum's Range number for the remainder of the turn. If you do, subtract the same number from her Attack number for the remainder of the turn. Non-adjacent figures, and figures without the Environmental Suit special power subtract 1 from their defense number for each skull rolled.

INTANGIBILITY
Monica Rambeau can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Monica Rambeau cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 3rd, 2016, 10:36 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think that design works better for the Captain Marvel iteration of the character - you know, the old white-costume-with-the-afro iteration - since that was when she was leading the Avengers. I'm also not sure if she should be a "Mutate" or "Energy," since... well, she's pretty much just energy in human form, right?

I really like Radioactive Blast... it gives a great choice between "big blast of energy" or "tricky electromagnetic stuff," with a lot of choices and variables. I think that's a really creative way to go with it.

Intangibility is pretty much necessary, so I guess what I would tweak is Field Leader - straight bonding feels a bit unexciting to me. I don't really know much about her time with the Avengers, though, so I can't really suggest any alternatives?

I feel like this "leadership" version and a "Nextwave and beyond crazy powerful" Spectrum version should cover the character pretty well.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 11:25 PM

freakincampers Woo who?

So I ordered some Agents of Shield Clix, that I want to turn into scape. I'll post later (it's late), but could use some friendly pointers to make sure it doesn't look too OP.

The Clix I got were:
Agent May
Agent Coulson
Agent Ward
Skye
Fitz
Simmons
Old October 4th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Intangibility is pretty much necessary, so I guess what I would tweak is Field Leader - straight bonding feels a bit unexciting to me. I don't really know much about her time with the Avengers, though, so I can't really suggest any alternatives?
Well, it's Field Leader right now - why not go the traditional way for that idea and make it Field Commander, Cyclops/Scandal Savage style?

Avenger Field Commander

At the start of the game, you may choose up to 2 other Unique Heroes you control and place a white Avenger Marker on each of their cards. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of moving Spectrum, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control that are in play and immediately move any other figure you control with an Avenger Marker on its card within 8 clear sight spaces of Spectrum up to 4 spaces.

That being said, I have no familiarity with this character, so I could be talking out of my arse.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 4th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the general direction on Monica, but the current powers are waaay too strong.

Not only is Avengers Field Leader a a really good power in its own right, and not only does it really work well with Cap, it's insane with Ms Marvel. You can easily get three turns per OM. One with Ms Marvel, one from Carol's bonding power, and then another from Monica's. Putting the OM on Monica would really help things, but it's still stronger than I'd prefer for her. Maybe free movement of some kind?

Radioactive Blast is also insanely good. With Intangibility, she can use the power on every turn, and you'll rarely need to add to her range. With Cap (who she'll play better with than most) and height, that's an average of -4 Defense, and -5 or -6 is not out of the question. Killing Thor in two attacks is straight up broken. Putting a cap on it is necessary. Knocking her her range down to 1 would help too, especially if you required the figure to be a few spaces away for the defense subtract. Something like:

Quote:
RADIOACTIVE BLAST
Before attacking, you may add up to 4 to Spectrum's Range number for the remainder of the turn. If you do, subtract the same number from her Attack number for the remainder of the turn. If Spectrum attacks a figure without the Environmental Suit that is at least 3 spaces away,, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each skull rolled by Spectrum.
Still probably too strong without a cap on the defense subtract, but a little better and more interesting mechanically, I think.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 4th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I'd be happy with moving instead of taking a full turn.

EDIT: Also, Radioactive blast is a power I took from a write-up I did for Atomic Skull, but never posted. It's supposed to be a really strong power, because it's supposed to let Atomic Skull go up against Superman.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 4th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
EDIT: Also, Radioactive blast is a power I took from a write-up I did for Atomic Skull, but never posted. It's supposed to be a really strong power, because it's supposed to let Atomic Skull go up against Superman.
Yeah, but it's too strong. With 6 Attack, she wouldn't be able to go up against Superman, she'd regularly beat him.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 4th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Never Forgets

Then I'm willing to drop her range, and go with your proposed version of the power. I don't want to drop her attack any lower than 5 though.

Edit: It might make more sense to have figures who are adjacent, or at most, with in 3 spaces roll 1 fewer defense die for each skull rolled by Spectrum. It would make more sense to be hurt more by being closer to the source of the radiation.

Old October 17th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Never Forgets

He's the villain that you love to hate. Actually you probably just hate him. It's ok, he's a real jerk. Introducing, the one. The only (thankfully) ......

NAME = SLIPKNOT
SECRET IDENTITY = CHRISTOPHER WEISS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = SUSPICIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

RECKLESS PARANOIA
Before taking a turn with Slipknot, if you did not reveal an order marker on this card you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-8, Slipknot's turn immediately ends. Choose an opponent to take control of Slipknot. Remove all Order Markers from this card, then give this card to the chosen opponent.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Slipknot, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Slipknot height of 5 when climbing. Slipknot never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

ROPE GRAB
After moving and before attacking, if Slipknot was not engaged at the start of his turn, you may choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Slipknot whose base is no more than 5 levels above or below Slipknot's base. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 9 or higher, place that figure on any empty space adjacent to Slipknot. Place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Slipknot. The chosen figure does not receive any leaving engagement attacks.

CHOKE
Instead of attacking normally with Slipknot, you may choose an adjacent figure and roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. If you roll a skull, the chosen figure receives 1 wound. If Slipknot does not roll a skull, the player controlling the chosen figure may move it up to 5 spaces.

Last edited by laughing matter; October 19th, 2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old October 17th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

How can I hate someone I've never heard of?

Reckless Paranoia is interesting. Thematically cool, but definitely keeps him out of most Criminal builds. I'd say you need to drop something here but I'm not familiar with the character and can't make any judgement calls. The escape clause on Choke feels a little weird to me.

(You may also want to give Expert Climbing a quick look-over. Otto Octavius this guy ain't )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy