Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 9th, 2014, 10:30 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Florida Frenzy 7.5 (6/28/2014)

6/26/2014 Edit: Tournament is THIS SATURDAY, June 28th -- please confirm your attendance!
------------------------
Hey Florida Scapers! Come out to:

Florida Frenzy 7.5 --

The First C3V/SoV Battle
!

Date: Saturday, June 28th, 2014

Location venue:
Books-A-Million
2601 NW 13th St, Gainesville, FL
352-376-6623

Tournament Format:
-C3V/SoV Figures and ClassicScape allowed (no Marvel)
-Point value: 570 points
-Strength of Schedule (S.o.S.) penalty of -1 for each squad over x3 (but still allowed).
- S.o.S. is first tie-breaker, then head-to head
-Optional entry fee can be either: one HeroScape related prize (C3V/SoV would be nice); other game-related prize; $10; or free but forfeit ability to win a prize
-Prizes include $50 cash

Schedule:
-10am store opens -- setup begins around 10:20am
-Round 1 starts 11:15am (but late-comers will be accommodated)
-4 or 5 Swiss Rounds (depending on attendance) and Finals, with a lunch break. Rounds will be called on time at 55 minutes with whole card scoring.
-Cleanup and prizes

Maps:
1. Draugur by Mad Wookiee
Requires 1 BftU and 2 TT.

2. Dance of the Dryads (v6) by Typhon2222
Uses: 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW

3. Vestige by Dignan
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 FotA

4. For Every Inch v2.0 by heroscaper2010
1 SotM, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA, 1 TJ

Glyphs:
2 random glyphs per map from a pool of 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Antendees
:

BurnyFlame +1?
Buddy Lee
nicktheant (for beginning)
Mr Migraine
Juniour
randomskyfears + 1
kramdb (maybe playing)
Mr Wookiee

Smithy Winfred
Roderick2012
Zealot
RennixTheThf
Calim

Bring your friends!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; June 27th, 2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:03 PM

Roderick2012 Woo who?
Re: Florida Frenzy 7.5

Ill try to make it this time, I only live about 1.5hrs away, and I haven't played HS in ages, so I owe it to myself

Check out my custom cards.
Roderick2012's Customs
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Just out of idle curiosity, why is it tournament number 7.5? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old January 10th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Can't wait for the next one, do we have any ideas on a ballpark date?
Old January 10th, 2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick2012 View Post
Ill try to make it this time, I only live about 1.5hrs away, and I haven't played HS in ages, so I owe it to myself
We'd love to have you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Just out of idle curiosity, why is it tournament number 7.5? Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, we started Florida Frenzy 1.0 in the Fall 2007 (for NHSD), and our semi-annual Spring Tournament has been called the "X.5" tournament, so in Spring 2014 we are at 7.5. I have history of all of our tournaments I really should post sometime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Can't wait for the next one, do we have any ideas on a ballpark date?
Not for a couple months at least, and most likely after school gets out.
Old January 20th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Just as long as it isn't in the middle of February, I'm good; going to be out of the state visiting family then.

Can't wait to tournament test some of the C3V figures I got before Christmas. No idea what I'm going to use yet though.

Keep us posted as more info/details are nailed out.

Sincerely,
~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old March 13th, 2014, 02:44 PM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

As as way of both distracting myself from working on my thesis and to hopefully continue some work on this tourney, I thought I'd post something and see if we can't come up with a month for it or something to plan for. If nothing else, excited to finally be able to have some new figures in the mix.

I was thinking something like May but am basically open to anything after mid-April. Additionally, I'm good with Orlando, Tampa, Gainesville, Daytona or anything with a similar distance from Orlando.

Either way, looking forward to finishing my thesis finally and having some time to play some more scape.
Old March 15th, 2014, 02:02 AM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

While I'm not a fan of C3V units, I am still very much looking forward to this tournament.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old March 21st, 2014, 02:30 PM

Not really an update, but it is about time to start finalizing the tournament date and location. I know Cool Stuff said they could host (and particularly wanted us to try their new Jacksonville store, although I know if it farther for some people). I am sure we could do Coliseum of Comics again in Orlando, or the Books-A-Million in Gainesville, or a couple comic shops in Daytona.

Since the location always seems to cause a split decision, let's start with a date and then I'll call the places to see who has the space that weekend. I suggest Saturday, May 3rd, although it does not matter to me as I am free any Saturday. Please let me know if that date works for you.

Also, please do look through the C3V figures if you have not already and let me know if you think any units should be forbidden.

I am also looking for a motto for this Spring's tournament. What about: "Expect awesomeness!"
Old March 22nd, 2014, 11:13 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well location should not be a huge problem, but a 3 hour drive Gainesville or Jacksonville would be a real pain. I'd most prefer Orlando or Daytona, since that would give me only an hour or 2 drive, but in reality, I will probably go despite the location.

As for date, May 3 should work, although that is the week of exams for me, since it's a Saturday, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, although that, coupled with a long drive might make it that I can't go.

Sorry if I was long-winded
Old March 22nd, 2014, 01:07 PM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart

If possible, I'd prefer to have it the following Saturday or later as I just found out the 3rd is when my graduation ceremony is. So the 10th or beyond would be better for me.

And I will try to look through the figures a little later to see if there's anything that shouldn't be there, though last time I looked at them I thought they were pretty balanced.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 05:15 PM

Any Saturday should work fine.

In regards to C3V, I'm really glad you decided to allow them, since I have several I'd like to try out in a tournament format. I never was able to get a lot of great figures, so having some alternate unit options is great for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events