Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 27th, 2007, 09:19 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Counters to Tor-Kul-Na?

Next game I know my opponent will use him. counters? I don't want to feed his insane rampage with small figures.

krug?
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:27 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Counters to Tor-Kul-Na?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Next game I know my opponent will use him. counters? I don't want to feed his insane rampage with small figures.

krug?
Someone should put this in the Book of Tor-Kul-Na...
To answer the question, if you're facing Tor-Kul-Na, the best counter is smart unit placement. Don't clump all your units together- spread them out so he can trample the least amount of units possible. For single units, Krug is good, but using the spreading out technique, various other untis such as the Stingers can beat him too, but be aware that he will cause significant losses in their ranks, even with spreading out.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Put them on height too. That can also go a long way to prevent stompage.

Like any really big melee hero, TKN gets TKO'd by three or more ranged units peppering him in any given round.

One squad that I'd suggest that nearly everyone owns is the Airborne Elite. Because of the drop, they'll likely start out on height and spread out. Their grenades will also come in handy if you want to take out a bunch of Nagrubs in a hurry. 8 range and 3 attack dice each (4 from height) will hurt just about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:48 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Hulk Krug can go toe-to-toe with TKN and emerge the victor.
I also advise the Hulk, chance of trmpling, but it only makes him stonger.
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:53 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar rocks 4553
Hulk Krug can go toe-to-toe with TKN and emerge the victor.
I also advise the Hulk, chance of trmpling, but it only makes him stonger.
I don't have marvelscape, and never will. Too powerful. and why would I spend 370 points to kill 220?
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Also, remember that only a Nagrub that starts adjacent to a Hivelord on its own order marker can heal him. If you're answering TKN with a strong multi-attacker, you can shoot at the nearby grub until it dies, then shoot at TKN secure in the knowledge that any damage you do won't come off next turn.

This is theoryscape, but I think one strong possibility would be to swarm him with Knights. Position them on either end of his base, so that if he stomps, he'll take 2-4 undefended dice. They'll be throwing a lot of dice against him, and they can also take some swings at likely-looking grubs along the way. If you go this route, DO NOT move a small or medium multi-life Human Champion adjacent to him to help the Knights, or he will just stomp the hero with no possibility of moving.

And speaking of Knights, TKN follows Utgar, and the Templars are un-Stompable. I'm just sayin'.
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:07 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Also, remember that only a Nagrub that starts adjacent to a Hivelord on its own order marker can heal him. If you're answering TKN with a strong multi-attacker, you can shoot at the nearby grub until it dies, then shoot at TKN secure in the knowledge that any damage you do won't come off next turn.

This is theoryscape, but I think one strong possibility would be to swarm him with Knights. Position them on either end of his base, so that if he stomps, he'll take 2-4 undefended dice. They'll be throwing a lot of dice against him, and they can also take some swings at likely-looking grubs along the way. If you go this route, DO NOT move a small or medium multi-life Human Champion adjacent to him to help the Knights, or he will just stomp the hero with no possibility of moving.

And speaking of Knights, TKN follows Utgar, and the Templars are un-Stompable. I'm just sayin'.
Don't have the templars, and never will (Look at my username. plus, 10 dolllars for one squad of one common that i'll never find... no.) and i don't want the knights. I'd much rather have something that is an evil and/or a lying bastard(s), like Microcorp.

Microcorp is a company, so I assume they are like dumping nuclear sludge in a preschool or something, and when the city gets pissed, Microcorp just sends the agents to kill everybody. 'nuff said.

So I assume Krug is the guy for the job?
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight

Don't have the templars, and never will (Look at my username. plus, 10 dolllars for one squad of one common that i'll never find... no.) and i don't want the knights. I'd much rather have something that is an evil and/or a lying ****(s), like Microcorp.

Microcorp is a company, so I assume they are like dumping nuclear sludge in a preschool or something, and when the city gets pissed, Microcorp just sends the agents to kill everybody. 'nuff said.

So I assume Krug is the guy for the job?
Microcorp is just another big arms manufacturer, I believe. Not exactly the devil incarnate. And their bio says the agents "infiltrate and neutralize key positions," so it sounds like they're more likely to be going up against stronger than weaker opponents.

Anyway, I've played all of one game with TKN, so I don't really know whether it's better to go ranged or melee against him. I really, really want to find a solution that just runs up and hacks away. With a defense of 5, you're going to waste a lot of shots from a melee squad that rolls 2 or 3 dice a pop. And swarming him makes him take disengagement strikes if he stomps. It just appeals to me.

You want an evil solution, try the Zombies. If you're moving six a turn, it shouldn't be too hard to get them positioned so that Trample Stomp = swipes. Plus, the level ground he needs for the Stomp is the same level ground you need for the Onslaught. And you can eat his Nagrubs and zombify them. You turn his own powers against him! Plus, when facing a full-scale SotM Marro army, everything that the Hive produces can become a zombie, so you can put that to work for you, too.
Old September 27th, 2007, 10:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Don't have the templars, and never will (Look at my username. plus, 10 dolllars for one squad of one common that i'll never find... no.) and i don't want the knights. I'd much rather have something that is an evil and/or a lying ****(s), like Microcorp.
It's things like this that make ignoring you the only way to be nice to you.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:08 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Put them on height too. That can also go a long way to prevent stompage.

Like any really big melee hero, TKN gets TKO'd by three or more ranged units peppering him in any given round.

One squad that I'd suggest that nearly everyone owns is the Airborne Elite. Because of the drop, they'll likely start out on height and spread out. Their grenades will also come in handy if you want to take out a bunch of Nagrubs in a hurry. 8 range and 3 attack dice each (4 from height) will hurt just about anything.
I know he's not popular given the "freakin' A, another twinkie unit killed him!" aspect, but DW9K's explosion special attack would work to clear up Nagrubs that are adjacent to TKN or clustered.
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
From our game Tuesday evening: Svyarris with height at range (keep backing up)...enough turns and you've got a dead Big Ugly Guy.
Old September 27th, 2007, 11:12 PM

fejkl Woo who?
Why not use the Marrdens? I know their attack probably won't do much, but at least they'll have a chance to plague on every turn (the Nagrubs, too), withstand Trample Stomp, and even possibly hold up to his attack.

They cost a bit more than Krug, but they have that chance to kill more units per turn than Krug does.

No signature here. Just keep moving on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units