Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Games with Glyphs

Also, all the official hasbro scenarios have glyphs. All of them.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I feel like a noob , but can someone explain intercept order marker to me?

Thanks.
Quote:
"Glyph of Oreld (Intercept Order)
When one of your figures stops here, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1 - 9, nothing happens. If your roll a 10 - 20, you may remove one random Order Marker from an opponent's Army Card."
Player A moves a unit on to the Glyph (which is meant to be placed Symbol Side up, hiding its true nature). Upon revealing the Glyph, Player B rolls the 20-sided Die. If the roll is higher than 10, Player B gets to remove any one Order Marker from any of Player A's Cards. The Glyph is then removed from play.
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
Any other glyph is fair game and can be a lot of fun. Some of my favs are Brandar and the pit trap, as one has to be aware that glyphs aren't always beneficial, and can actually sometimes hurt.

Happy 'Scapin!!!

SW8K
Brandar is the "undefined" glyph in that it has no set benefit/cost but is defined by the scenario. I guess if you are always using it as a negative it would be a trap, but it isn't negative by official design.
We play the Brandar glyph as a "dud".... nothing happens.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 16th, 2009, 12:09 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

At the last couple tourneys we had a couple maps with Brandar glyphs, and they were 'choose your own' from a specified pool (I think it was lucky 20, initiative, or intercept order).

-insert signature here-
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
At the last couple tourneys we had a couple maps with Brandar glyphs, and they were 'choose your own' from a specified pool (I think it was lucky 20, initiative, or intercept order).
Thats a really cool idea! I might start doing that when I play with my friends. You can make this glyph like glyph W, X, Y, or Z for as long as you remain on the glyph. So, my use of the glyph could be as an Astrid, but my friend might use it as a Dagmar...
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:02 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Each glyph has its use, even Defense +2. Certain scenario, or non-symmetrical map, can use Defense +2 to balance the battlefield.
I choose Wound glyph or Unique Attack glyph over Defense +1 any day of the week. If I can avoid it, I would never choose Defense +1 because it lengthens the game, and you don't want that in a tournament game. I may build a map where both sides have an Attack +1 glyph, just to speed up the game .

A bit off: I think a glyph like Attack +1, but if you step on it, you can't attack from range would be a good glyph. I think that would boost melee units tremendously.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I don't like to play with glyphs because it seems to steer the game from a battle to the death to a battle for the glyph because not having the glyph will usually lead to death.

I agree with nyys though, glyphs are great for getting people to use all aspects of a board. That is about the only time I play them.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:22 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Thats a really cool idea! I might start doing that when I play with my friends. You can make this glyph like glyph W, X, Y, or Z for as long as you remain on the glyph. So, my use of the glyph could be as an Astrid, but my friend might use it as a Dagmar...
We played it that once the 1st person stepped on the glyph it stayed the glyph they chose for the rest of the game (unless it was a temp glyph). But having it change is fun too, I've done that in home games.

-insert signature here-
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
A bit off: I think a glyph like Attack +1, but if you step on it, you can't attack from range would be a good glyph. I think that would boost melee units tremendously.
How about a "+1 adjacent attack" glyph? It's not quite as extreme, but it accomplishes a similar effect.
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:30 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I don't find the attack glyph to be broken, we use it all the time. This is just as good as the Defense one, just on the opposite side of the spectrum.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old July 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We've also played glyphs that can be carried around by the figure and only affect that figure on the glyph. It can also be dropped and picked up by another figure to "pass the glyph." Much much fun!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 16th, 2009, 02:38 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
How about a "+1 adjacent attack" glyph? It's not quite as extreme, but it accomplishes a similar effect.
What I meant was when you step on the glyph, your whole army can't attack from range. I think it forces more tactic/strategic decision than your glyphs does.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion