Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 21st, 2022, 10:17 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Chris Perkins' Battle Reports

I've decided to try and start tracking my battle reports better in one place, so I'm creating this thread for them, starting mainly with ScapeCon II (2022).

ScapeCon I
ScapeCon II

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 21st, 2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old July 21st, 2022, 10:18 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Chris Perkins' Battle Reports

ScapeCon I

I have battle reports written somewhere else from last year, if I can find them I'll add them here. Just adding the results for now.

VCheese Delta
My Army: Axegrinders x5, Darrak, Marcu
Round 1: Major Q23 (Deltacron, Snipers x2, Repulsors x3, Otonashi) on Battlefield 23 W
Round 2: ISB3 (Syvarris, Zombies x6) on Forest Fire L
Round 3: Samuel Frost (Kiova, Einar Imperium x3, MWs) on Forest Fire L
Round 4: Infected Sloth (Azazel, Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thral x7) on Jabberwock W
Record: 2-2

Good Ol' Days
My Army: Raelin, Q9, Rats x2, MWs, Marcu, Isamu, Otonashi
Round 1: Vegie (DCs x4, MBS, Nerak, Raelin, Swog x1) on Turmoil W
Round 2: Nick the Ant (Raelin, Stingers x4, Nilfheim) on Jabberwok W
Round 3: Earl of Sandwich (Raelin, Grimnak, Heavies x3, Marcu) on Aeon W
Round 4: Unseen Shadowz (Grimnak, Tornak, Heavies x3) on Jabberwock W
Finals: Cleon (Grimnak, Heavies, ...) on ? L
Record: 4-1

Anything Goes
My Army: Raelin, Captain America, Krav, MWs, Hydra, Marcu, Isamu
Round 1: Lefton4You (Captain America, Protectors x3, MBS) on Forest Fire W
Round 2: Boromir96 (Raelin, Silver Surfer, Ana Karithon, Rats x2, Marcu) on Aeon W
Round 3: Mr. Migrane (Raelin, Silver Surfer, Stingers x3, Marcu) on Jabberwock W
Round 4: Dragon Ruler (Q9, Krug, Venom, Dividers x3) on Frost Mire W
Finals: NecroBlade (Iron Man, Hounds x4) on ? L

Multi-Player Madness
My Army: PKs x4, Isamu
Round 1: Mr. Chompy (Grimnak, Nerak, Blades x3) 1st, Me 2nd, Major Q23 (Laglor, Krav, Rats x2) 3rd
Round 2: Earl of Sandwich (Eltahale, PKs x2, Isamu) 1st, ISB3 (Sentinels x2, MWs, Marcu) 2nd, King Scape (Mezzos x3, Heirlom, PKs x1) 3rd, Me 4th

VC 4x400
Round 1: NecroBlade (Incendiborgs, Krav, Rats x3) v. 4th x4, Alastair on Frostmire L
Round 2: KingScape (Cyprien, Sonya, Krav, Rats x2, Marcu) v. Raelin, Q9, Rats x3, Marcu on ? W
Round 3: Boromir (DCs x4, MBS, Nerak, Kuthnak) v. Gilbert, Knights x4, Isamu on Forest Fire W
Round 4: MegaSilver (Darrak, Dwarves x3, B-11) v. Quahon, Spiders x4, MWs on Turmoil W
Record: 3-1

Main Event (RtW)
My Army: Raelin, Mezzo x1, Ashra x1, Kozuke, Johnny, Rhogar, Guilty, Otonashi
Round 1: Mr. Wookie (PKs x4, Concan, Sir Dupuis) on Aeon W
Round 2: Mr. Chompy (TKN, SBN, Nagrubs x4) on Jabberwock W
Round 3: Son of Chompy (Romans x2, Roman Archers x2, NGS, Valguard, Marcus) L
Round 4: Major Q23 (PKs x1, Dwarves x2, Darrak, Tandros, Rats x1, Concan) L
Round 5: Mr. Migrane (Sentinels x2, Dividers x3, Eltahale) on Jabberwock W
Round 6: OEAO (Nerak, Swog x2, Ornak, Blades x1, AGs x2, Ice Troll x2, Marcu) on Forest Fire
Round of 16: Dysole (Raelin, Moltenclaw, Rats x1, GWs x1, Monks x2) on Forest Fire W
Round of 8: Son of Chompy (Romans x2, Roman Archers x2, NGS, Marcus, Valguard) on Frostmire W
Round of 4: Major Q23 (PKs x1, Dwarves x2, Darrak, Tandros, Rats x1, Concan) L
3rd/4th Place Game: Vegie (Ornak, MBS, Marcu, Nerak, Iskra, Mindflayer, Heavies x2) on Turmoil L
Record: 6-4 (4-2 Day 1)

General Wars
My Army: Grimnak, Tornak, Nerak, Blades x4, MWs
Round 1: Mr. Chompy (Q10, Blasts x3, Glad x2) on Frostmire W
Round 2: OEAO (Raelin, Nilfheim, Zetacron, Repulsors x4) on Forest Fire W
Round 3: HoundsRule (Syvarris, Charos, GWs x3) on Turmoil W
Round 4: ISB3 (Knights x2, 4th x2, Gilbert, Denrick) on Honor W
Record: 4-0

Overall Record: 23-9

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 24th, 2022 at 10:13 PM.
Old July 21st, 2022, 10:18 AM

ScapeCon II (July 13th - 17th 2022)

I only wrote down Opponent/Result from this week for notes, so I had to re-construct everything else from memory. If I got anything wrong, let me know.

Multiplayer Madness
[Not Finished Yet]

Good Ol' Days
Format: 440 Points, 16 Figures, A-Units Banned
My Army: Q10, Axegrinders x3, Darrak, Marcu
Thoughts Going In: I thought the Knights army (Knights x3, Gilbert, Alastair) was the favorite into most builds except Heavies (Heavies x3, Grimnak, Raelin), which I expected to see a lot of given how prevalent Heavies had been the previous year and that they had won the event. So I went with a matchup-smoothing army that I thought countered the Heavies build very well even thought it was going to be an underdog to the Knights.

Round 1: Dragon Ruler (Knights x3, Gilbert, Alastair, Isamu) on ?
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Avery (Romans x2, Roman Archers x2, Marcus, Grimnak) on Bad Moon Rising
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Vegie Dad (Knights x3, Gilbert, Kaemon) on ?
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Heroscaper2010 (Knights x3, Gilbert, Alastair, Isamu) on ?
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: In hindsight, given the relative lack of Heavies armies in the field, running the same good knights build would have probably been my best option. Although I had expected lots more heavies, it’s probably the case that the knights are less of underdogs to heavies than my army was to knights. Also, I didn’t get enough value out of Q10 in most of my games, partially because I didn’t do an amazing job and mixing the OMs between him and the dwarfs. The army ended up being harder to pilot into top-tier cheese than I had expected.

VCheese
Format: 530 Points, 24 Hexes, VC-Inclusive
My Army: Quahon, Spiders x5, Raelin, Marro Warriors, Isamu
Thoughts Going In: As most people know, I’m rather high on Quahon/Spiders in VC-land. I’d rather have it over any other army in a blind bring-1 format where it’s viable. It’s not a favorite in every matchup, but nothing is, and when it’s an underdog it’s not much of one (unless somehow Cultists end up in the format). It’s as fine as anything into Q9/rats, smashes Cathar, is fine into most of the mele that’s out there, and I’m surprisingly happy to face ranged commons. So, this was a no-brainer choice for me.

Round 1: Sir Heroscape (Death Chasers x6, Nerak, MBS, Kuthnak) on Percalator
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Loki619 (Arktos, Greyspears, Quickblades, Darkclaws, Swiftblades) on Percalator
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Vegie (Heavies x4, Grimnak, Nerak, Raelin) on Blackridge
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Tales of Valhalla (Knights x3, Gilbert, Alastair, Hawthorne) on Percalator?
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: I still think my army was the best overall choice (and it did win the event for someone else), but I don't love how I played it into the Kuthnak/DCs build and then losing the coin flip to Vegie sunk me. Not thrilled with my performance in this one.

VC-Delta
Format: 500 Points, 24 Figures, Delta Points, VC-inclusive
My Army: Q10, Axegrinders x3, Darrak
Thoughts Going In: This was the event I had the most army builds for and the least confidence in any of them. It took me until the night before to finally settle on an army. My other leading candidate had been Quahon, Spiders x4, Brute Gruts. For picking an army, I wanted something with lots of bodies and a SA to give me a chance into more different armies, especially after I got run over the previous year in this event for having an army that was too 1-dimensional (Axegrinder x5, Darrak). I thought this army provided all those things, and I hoped to get more value out of it than I had in Good Ol’ Days.

Round 1: Boromir (Raelin [SotM], Drones x8 (Sit 1)) on Aeon
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: TheIsamu (Deathcommander, Death Stalkers x1, Zettian Guards, Zettian Infantry x3) on Odin Wept
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Sir Heroscape (Spiders x5, Estivara, Wyvern x2) on Desolation
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Vegie Dad (Grok Riders x4, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Theracus) on Odin Wept
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: I don’t think this was a bad army (I think it had the edge in 3 out of 4 matchups), but it is quite dependent on Q10 not sucking, which isn’t the safest place to be when I need to win 4 games in a row. I’m torn at this point between running matchup-smoothing armies in Delta v. something cohesive throughout and just hoping to avoid the bad matchups; unsure which is the best route to go with.

Main Event (RtW)
Format: 420 Points, 18 Figures, Reverse the Whip
My Army: Raelin [RotV], Kozuke, PKs x1, Red Wyrm x1, White Wrym x1, Blue Wyrm x1, Black Wyrm x1, Guilty, Otonashi
Thoughts Going In: I wanted to make a weaker pod than last year, which I thought was too strong, and make the new pod less inclined to stay in the SZ while keeping the OMs difficult. I was hoping this army would be on the weaker side and that I could use the pieces well enough to pick off a few wins with the army and always beat it when my opponent ran it.

Round 1: Vegie Dad (Othkurik, GWs x2, PKs x2, Kyntella) on Desolation
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Trivia Knight (Knights x2, Denrick, Eldgrim, Red Wyrm x3, Black Wyrm x2 on Blackridge
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: NecroBlade (Raelin, PKs x1, Mezzo x1, Rats x1, Syvarris, Johnny) on Bad Moon Rising
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Boromir (Raelin [RotV], Blastatrons x2, Gladiatrons x1, PKs x1, Johnny) on Odin Wept
Spoiler Alert!

Round 5: Vegie (Wyvrn x2, Spiders x4, Otonashi, Rechets) on Aeon
Spoiler Alert!

Round 6: MegaSilver (10th x2, Axegrinder x2, James Murphy) on Odin Wept
Spoiler Alert!

Round of 16: HoundsRule (Moltenclaw, GWs x1, Ashra x2, Hounds x1) on Desolation
Spoiler Alert!

Round of 8: Evantage (Parmenio, Sacred Band x2, Laglor, Blastatrons x2) on Blackridge
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 6-2 (5-1 Day 1)
Final Thoughts: The army performed basically how I had hoped, weaker than average (none of my opponents ever won with it; I went 2-2 with it). Sad to lose in round of 8 obviously, but it is what it is. I really like RtW as a format and enjoyed this event most by far of the weekend. I also get way too much enjoyment out of handing my opponent my 9 card mess to start the reverse rounds.

SpeedScape
Format: Bring 4 200 Point armies, 16 Figures each
My Armies: Venocs x5; Mezzos x3; Stingers x3, Marcu; Q10, Tarn
Thoughts Going In: I didn't spend much time prepping for this event, as I had hoped to still be busy in main. But I had these 4 armies ready to go just in case.

Round 1: Vegie (Romans x3, MBS) on Blackridge (I use Venocs x5)
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: MkPlusUltra (Atlaga, Minions x1) on Percalator (I use Mezzos x3)
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Dysole (Axegrinder x2, Darrak) on Aeon (I use Stingers x3, Marcu)
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 1-2
Final Thoughts: I probably missed out on not including the Romans build that Vegie had, as that one seemed quite strong in hindsight into most of my builds. Happy with Mezzos though as not many people had that one and it matches up super well into a ton of the builds. Venocs are a tough one, because they're so good into a few of the armies (Stingers, for example) but just get toasted by others (Romans). Such is life in a 4x4 event though.

General Wars
Format: 350 Points from 1 General, 140 Points from another General, 20 Figures
My Army: 4th Mass x5, Kaemon (Sit 1)
Thoughts Going In: I had originally been going to run one of the Vydar Q9 / screen builds, but then the trophies got announced and I really liked the Jandar one better, so I switched to what I felt was the best Jandar army even though I didn't think it was the best overall army.

Round 1: Mr Wookie (10th x4, Guilty, Eltahale) on Percalator
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Earl of Sandwich (Heavy x3, Grimnak, Marcu, Raelin, Zetacron) on Bad Moon Rising
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Vegie Dad (4th x5, Frost Giant) on Percalator
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Deroche (Nilfheim, Raelin, Tarn, Eldgrim, GWs x2, Kyntella) on Blackridge
Spoiler Alert!

Partial Quarters: Boromir (10th x4, Raelin, Zetacron, Guilty) on Odin Wept
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: I won Jandar, which was my main goal, so I'm happy with that (the Knight of Weston trophy was my favorite). I still think this is the best Jandar army (I also like Kaemon > Frost Giant for a few particular matchups, including the mirror). I absolutely botched Quarters though, which is gonna bug me for a while.

3-Headed Hydra
[Not Finished Yet]

Overall
Record: 17-11 (Non-Team/Multiplayer Only)
ScapeCon II was tons of fun, lots of exciting events and fun people to play against. Disapointed with my performance in the side events, but Main & General Wars went better.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 21st, 2022 at 10:53 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 09:14 PM

OHS Season 49

Format: Bring-1, 555 points, 24 hexes, Delta Pricing.

My Army: Axegrinder x5, Mogrimm

My thinking was that Mogrimm was really good into a lot of the field with the best SAs being increased in points a lot, and this army filled the total points perfectly, making it seem like the best bonding mele option, which was especially nice with 2 shadow/jungle maps in the pool.

Also, I've been trying to win a Delta tournament with Axe for like 2 years at this point. Gotta happen eventually

Round 1

Opponent: KnightOfLight (Nilfheim, Harquebus x5)
Map: Remains of Clionesia (Kelda, Dagmar)

Spoiler Alert!

Round 2

Opponent: Boromir96 (Gladiatrons x3, Blastatrons x2, Raelin, S. Raider x2)
Map: Wingspan (Lodin, Lorja-Ivor)

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Chris Perkins; August 31st, 2022 at 08:45 PM.
Old December 1st, 2022, 09:41 PM

OHS Season 50

Format: Quad-Pod (-1), 215 points, 9 figures.

My Pods:
1) Moltenclaw, Rats x1, Bol
2) Arktos, Greyspears, Marcu
3) Nakita, Kozuke

Round 1

Opponent: Guild_Warrior (4th x2, Sam Brown, Dumutef ; Arktos, Greyspears, Marcu ; Brunak, Golem, Isamu)
Map: Trouble Once Lurked Beneath

Spoiler Alert!

Round 2

Opponent: Dysole (John Varan, Pathfinder x4; Bol, Rendar Fy, M-43 x2; Z'thoth, Red Ants)
Map: Uncharted Jungle

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Chris Perkins; December 14th, 2022 at 12:38 AM.
Old April 24th, 2023, 01:29 PM

HexiCon (April 20th - 23rd, 2023)

Insanity of Battle
Format: 475 Points, 18 Figures, A+ Units Banned
My Army: Axegrinders x4, Mogrimm, Darrak, Otonashi (Sit Otonashi)
Thoughts Going In: I thought Axegrinders were strong into almost all the top builds (except knights). Round 1 init is massive in this format, so having the +3 from Mogrimm is quite nice. I also thought that Mogrimm & Darrak could survive on their own for a little while if they got put in a bad place, and that I would mostly not need 6-move Axe with already being in the action, so hoping that bonding didn't cost as much movement as normal. Squads of 4 are also strong here, as they can claim more ground during initial placements.

Round 1: Chill (Knights x4, Alastair, Thorgrim) on Fire Isles (OEAO)
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Awstin36teen (Mohican x4, Brave Arrow, Mezzos x2, Otonashi) on Ice Thistle
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Loki (Hydra x2, PKs x3, Marcu) on Murky Waters
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 2-1
Final Thoughts: Still happy with my army. Obviously it's not a good matchup into Knights, but it has some really good other matchups (including Heavies, which I didn't get to face) that are better than Knights, so either army seems viable overall. I do feel like I could have beaten knights if I could have won init in Rd 1 and/or 2, but alas.

Pick Your Poison
Format: 440 Points, 18 Figures
My Armies:
1) Heavy x3, Grimnak, Nerak, Zetacron
2) Axe x4, Darrak, Syvarris
Thoughts Going In: I wanted 2 armies that were very similar in structure, to help me set a more specific matchup when picking between my opponent's 2 armies, and lessen the impact of their choice. These seemed to accomplish that while being near the top of the field in raw strength as well.

Round 1: Loki (DCs x4, MBS, Nerak, Bad Rae / Axe x3, Mogrimm, Migol) on Mime Raths
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Mr. Chompy (Blades x3, Grimnak, Ornak, Tornak / Nagrubs x1, Stingers x4, SBN) on Common Ground
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Deroche (Heavy x3, Nerak, Grimnak, Zeta / Knights x3, Gilbert, Krav) on Yngvild Pass
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Cor7770 (Axe x3, Darrak, Mogrimm, MBS / Knights x4, Gilbert, Arkmer) on Ice Thistle
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 1-3
Final Thoughts: Clearly my worst result of the weekend. Entirely possible I over-valued making my 2 armies very similar, as I ended up sacrificing having some better figures in the builds at that expense.

Delta Pod Draft
Format:
My Army:
Pod 1: Kozuke, Nakita, Otonashi
Pod 2: Arrow Gruts x2, Ice Troll, Swog
Pod 3: Arkmer, Guilty, X17, Theracus
Thoughts Going In: Guilty is sneaky good into Kozuke/Nakita, Kozuke can drop Ice Troll in 1 turn to avoid regeneration, and Arrow Gruts are sneaky good into lots of stuff. And Thera-shuttling X17 is fun

Round 1: Loki619 on Ice Thistle
Loki Pods:
1) 10th Reg x2
2) Templar x2, Tarn
3) Knights x2, Marcu
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Earthling on Mime Raths
Earthling Pods:
1) Cyprien, Marcu
2) Kozuke, Izumi, Tarn
3) DW8K, Rats x1
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Chill on Yngvild Pass
Chill Pods:
1) Roman x2, MBS
2) Axe x2, Marcu
3) Black Wyrm x2, Red Wyrm x2, White Wyrm x2
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Deroche on Invasion
Deroche Pods:
1) Axe x2, Marcu
2) DK x2, Hawthorne
3) Anubian x2, Khosumet
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 3-1 (2nd)
Final Thoughts: Really liked my Pods in this one, even though the Theracus/X17/Arkmer/Guilty one didn't get used (never found a good opportunity to utilize it). I think that my AG pod was consistently under-valued by my opponents, and I got tons of value out of it throughout the event; Ice Troll can be incredible in the right matchups/maps.

Classic Draft
Format: 425 Points, 18 Figures (After Drafting); Bring 10 cards for a pooled draft (1-2-2-2-...)
My Pool: Arkmer,Eldgrim the Viking Champion,Greenscale Warriors x1,Guilty McCreech,Kozuke Samurai,Mezzodemon Warmongers x1,Moltenclaw,Nakita Agents,Phantom Knights x1,Tarn Viking Warriors
Thoughts Going In: I basically just wanted to fill up my draft pod with a bunch of figures I have a lot of Reverse-the-Whip style experience with. I included 1 stronger figure (Moltenclaw) and something that pretty directly countered him (Kozuke) while still being weak-ish overall.

Round 1: Earthling on Burning Man
Pod: 10th x1, Charos, DW 8K, Kaemon, Mohican x3, PK x3
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Mr. Chompy on Fire Isles (OEAO)
Pod: Deathwalker 8000,Deathwalker 9000,Eltahale,Frost Giant of Morh x1,Greater Ice Elemental x1,Master of the Hunt x1,Shurrak,Siege,Tandros Kreel,Torin
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Lefton4ya on Invasion
Pod: Kee-Mo-Shi,Marrden Nagrubs x1,Marro Drones x4,Marro Stingers x2,Me-Burq-Sa,Su-Bak-Na
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: cor7770 on Common Ground
Pod: Airborne Elite,Grimnak,Heavy Gruts x3,Marcu Esenwein,Mezzodemon Warmongers x2,Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider,Tornak
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 4-0 (1st)
Final Thoughts: Fun event, with 2 of the games (Mr. Chompy & Cor) really going down to the wire. Happy with my draft pool, as I felt I did a good job of identifying which pieces were good in which matchups and how to manipulate the draft order well.

Main Event: Delta VC Ro11
Format: 510 Points, 18 Figures, Rule of 11, Delta Points
My Army: Quahon, Wyvern, Spiders x4 (Sit 11)
Thoughts Going In: I felt like Wyvern was heavily discounted in Delta when you already had Quahon + Spiders, and 11 spiders maximizes Rule of 11 well. Quahon also just has few really bad matchups, and I have a ton of experience with this army.

Round 1: Mr. Chompy (Armocs x3, Elite Vipers, Venoc x1, Mittens, Zogross, Otonashi) on Water Treatment Facility
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: MegaSilver (Raelin [RotV], RTS, Krav, Microcorp Agents x2) on Burning Man
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: lefton4ya (Deathcommander, 8K, 7K, Zettian Infantry x3, Bol) on Common Ground
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Son of Chompy (Romans x2, Marcus, NGS, Airborne, 20th Maine x1) on Fire Isles (OEAO)
Spoiler Alert!

Semis: Son of Chompy (Romans x2, Marcus, NGS, Airborne, 20th Maine x1) on Invasion
Spoiler Alert!

Finals: Phantom (Zaeus, Gorillinators x1, Gorillitroopers x3) on Ice Thistle
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 4-2 (2nd Place)
Final Thoughts: Still like the army a ton, and think it's a powerhouse in Delta at the 500 point range. Never felt like I was a massive underdog based on the matchup, and did feel like I was a significant favorite in a few matchups, which is a great outcome for a delta event. Finals game was super close and memorable; I don't have any decision points I regret or would change in hind-sight (though it turns out the SA is slightly better than a regular attack on a single Trooper, though that wouldn't have changed anything), so happy with how I played it.

Singleton
Format: 425 Points, 16 Figures
My Army: Raelin, Nilfheim, GW x1, Rats x1, MWs, Isamu
Thoughts Going In: A Raelin-backed Nilf seemed like a strong counter to most potential pieces in this format, and the combination of GW x1 + Rat x1 gave about the maximum screen one could build in singleton. MWs + Isamu was just icing with the points left over.

Round 1: Bye
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: lefton4ya (Drake [RotV], 10th x1, 4th x1, Roman x1, Marcus, Marcu) on Desolate Courtyard
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Phantom (Laglor, Krav, Nakita, Gorilla x1) on Mime Raths
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: deroche (Raelin, Hydra, Krav, Krug) on Burning Man
Spoiler Alert!

Record: 4-0 (1st Place)
Final Thoughts: Very happy with this army, still feel like it was the best army for the format.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; April 24th, 2023 at 03:56 PM.
Old April 24th, 2023, 02:58 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Round 1: Chill (Knights x4, Alastair, Thorgrim) on Fire Isles (OEAO)
Spoiler Alert!
This was a good match! I think putting Alastair in the water was a great call, and if you win initiative you even it out and probably win the match
Old August 17th, 2023, 12:11 PM

ScapeCon III (August 9th - 13th 2023)

Delta Rule of 12

Army: Phantom Knights x4, Microcorp Agents x2, Isamu (Sit 1)

Spoiler Alert!

Reverse the Whip

Army: Raelin [RotV], Nakita, Nerak, MBS, DC x2, Roman x1

Spoiler Alert!

VCheese

Army: Raelin, Q9, Rats x3, Brute Gruts, Isamu

Spoiler Alert!

ScapeCon III Championship (Draft)

Round of 16 v. Vegie Dad on Hydra: OEAO Edition
Spoiler Alert!

Round of 8 v. Boromir96 on Dark Fulcrum
Spoiler Alert!

Round of 4 (Semis) v. Vegietarian18 on Dark Fulcrum
Spoiler Alert!

Round of 2 (Finals) v. Infected Sloth on Ascension
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Chris Perkins; August 23rd, 2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2023, 09:44 AM

Added details on the 3 "mains" from ScapeCon to the ScapeCon III post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports