Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old June 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The C3G Map Pack

Alright, with a lull in work and an idea in my head that I've been wanting to work on, here we are.

I propose that the C3G Mapmakers vote on a list of XX amount of our best maps created thus far to be made into an official release Map Pack.

Here is a list of the maps thus far. I suggest that Mapmakers, Heroes, Sidekicks, and Allies all take a look and make a suggestion of the best of the best.

THE BOOKS OF C3G MAPS
  • World's Finest Maps
Looking for links to individual maps.
  • Casual Maps
Abandoned Missile Base
Aldridge Chemicals
Another Day at the Office
Dark Cave Lair
Carnival of Carnage
City Streets
Corner High Rise
Island Sanctum
Police Headquarters
Ruins of Heroes Past
Sewer Entrance
Well of Souls
  • Competitive Maps
Crash Landing
Ravaged Road
Grundy's Grave
Platforms 5 and 6

Here is what I am looking to possibly duplicate, Memoir '44 expansions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Last edited by EternalThanos86; June 16th, 2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Map Pack

While I see the value of a scenario pack, I don't get why anyone would want a map pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
While I see the value of a scenario pack, I don't get why anyone would want a map pack.
I gotta admit, I am starting to have a hard time seeing the point as well. I mean anyone can print off any C3G map or maps and make their own map pack....
Old June 16th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree - if you want to do something like this, choose several of the maps and link them together with a scenario campaign complete with journal entries ala the World's Finest set.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If I may ask then, what is the purpose of the C3G Mapmakers? Are we just going to make a bunch of maps, but then not promote them?

Quote:
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:21 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
If I may ask then, what is the purpose of the C3G Mapmakers? Are we just going to make a bunch of maps, but then not promote them?
That is a loaded question....

Yes, we make a bunch of maps.

They are promoted on the front page of our Books of Thread, and that is as much as the Ally design units get.

Feel free to promote them in any way that you want, but I don't think that the rest of your team is going to be to enthusiastic about working hard on your suggestion. I am not sure if you even need a C3G group effort when it comes to promoting, just a good idea and some follow through. Like a thread, signature, link, etc.

I am not saying that I am not open to ideas, cause I am, I just don't particularly see the value in this one.
Old June 16th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
That is a loaded question....
My apologies, I was more hoping to understand the purpose of the C3G Mapmakers, not realizing that my questions were a bit mean-spirited.

Quote:
They are promoted on the front page of our Books of Thread, and that is as much as the Ally design units get.
I find this statement a bit curious. Here is what it sounds like: "All non-Hero projects get the seal of C3G approval, but aren't good enough to make it to the front page of HSers. We reserve that only for Heroes work." Having worked with you before, I am positive this is not what you are trying to say, and it is probable that I am misrepresenting your statement. I do feel a little frustrated that all the work these mapmakers have put into their maps will go to waste on a link in a sig or a small portion of a thread. Anyone can do that. The C3G is different, and I think that the group efforts should be rewarded appropriately with promotion.

Quote:
Feel free to promote them in any way that you want, but I don't think that the rest of your team is going to be to enthusiastic about working hard on your suggestion.
This is good to know. I was under the assumption that releases had to be done through the normal process. So, based on what I said above, I feel a strong need to promote the work of this group.

Quote:
I am not saying that I am not open to ideas, cause I am, I just don't particularly see the value in this one.
Fair enough. I wonder if anyone feels the same as I or if I am alone in this. If so, I guess I'll just be the new C3G Mapmaking Public Relations Officer.

Quote:
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:40 PM

Anytime something has gone to the front page, it is because one of us ask Truth. I think that the next time we do ask and receive permission, it is a great idea to ask the entire C3G community what should be showcased. I could definitely see the maps on the front page along with the Ally designs cause they kick just as much butt as anything else we have done IMO. I think the C3G formula is what makes designs of all types successful, not any particular person or sub faction of Heroes.
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Griffin again.
Your patience with me is +rep worthy. At this point, I guess all I want is input on what the best of the best maps the mapmakers have created thus far, and we can go from there. No commitments, just a quick opinion.

Quote:
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What if we like them all and feel they should all be showcased? After all, they did all pass through the C3G standards ... why start ranking them now?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
At this point, I guess all I want is input on what the best of the best maps the mapmakers have created thus far, and we can go from there. No commitments, just a quick opinion.
Honestly, it depends. Are you asking what maps I think look the best? Or which maps I've played the best games on? Does it matter if the games were scenarios or just straight-up battles?

P.S. There are some maps missing from that list. Star City Bank, Wayne Manor, Fortress of Solitude, and Darkseid's Arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 16th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What if we like them all and feel they should all be showcased? After all, they did all pass through the C3G Mapmaking standards ... why start ranking them now?
Fixed.

If all of the C3G feels this way, fine, but I guess I just assumed most people thought some were better than others. It's not personal.

Quote:
Honestly, it depends. Are you asking what maps I think look the best? Or which maps I've played the best games on? Does it matter if the games were scenarios or just straight-up battles?
Interpret it however you like.

Quote:
P.S. There are some maps missing from that list. Star City Bank, Wayne Manor, Fortress of Solitude, and Darkseid's Arrival.
I'll add them in a bit. Not sure where the links are (perhaps buried).

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios