Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old March 25th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Platforms 5 and 6 Map

The Book of Platforms 5 and 6 Map

A C3G Competitive Map

Download the PDF Here

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, 2 Fortress of the Archkyrie, Marvel Master Set, 2 Battle for the Underdark™ Master Sets

Platforms 5 and 6 Bio - Dust settles on the rails of this busy subway station for mere seconds before it is kicked up again by the sound of the next oncoming shuttle. People scurry along through tunnels and doors to find a nice oily ripped seat before all of the good ones are taken. The sound of the alarm lets everyone know that the shuttle will be departing shortly. Without hesitation the doors slam shut and the underground train zips away... but still lingering in the tunnels are the scum who would stand against justice and that which is right... and there to oppose them are the unlawful heroes that the surface dwellers would label as mere vigilantes.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • TBA

Last edited by A3n; October 24th, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old March 25th, 2010, 06:37 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Platforms 5 and 6 Map

I was going to do a train station for my next map.

This looks cool, but seems like it's lacking something that I can't put my finger on. I'll zoom around the map a bit more later & see if I can come up with an idea of what that might be.

Cheers
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, VERY nice! I'm gonna have to try this one!
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:52 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I was going to do a train station for my next map.
Dude, honestly, the main reason I was in favor of keeping things sorta casual and generic about this map making project was to allow us to feel free to create multiple versions of thematic locations if we were unhappy or unfulfilled with a particular map. If you want to do a Subway station you should go for it. I know that I am eventually going to want to do my own version of a cemetery, I don't mind that we already have one, or maybe several by the time I get around to doing one, and it doesn't mean that I don't like the one or ones we will have, it just means that I want to take a crack at one. Please do not feel restricted. If you want to create something, you have my full support. There shouldn't be anything (or much of anything) holding us back from expressing ourselves through our map designs. You are free man, you are free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
This looks cool, but seems like it's lacking something that I can't put my finger on. I'll zoom around the map a bit more later & see if I can come up with an idea of what that might be.

Cheers
Well it is intentionally missing wall walk pieces on top of those very high columns. I did that to create the effect of a tall station without the ability for fliers to perch. Maybe that is something that is throwing you off a bit. Inside this very long and somewhat narrow map, there are plenty of line of sight blockers, elevations, and different paths to take to go from one end to the other, with other trails leading off sorta like a rat maze if you will. I think it would be a lot of fun to play on, and still offer lots of competitive and tactical decisions.
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah, yeah, I remember this one ... really cool stuff! Makes me want to have some subway car ... destructible objects.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

I don't like uncapped pillars. I'd prefer a simple map-specific rule against occupying those spaces. Otherwise, looking good.
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I don't like uncapped pillars. I'd prefer a simple map-specific rule against occupying those spaces. Otherwise, looking good.
I certainly respect your opinion, and you are not alone. There are many people who do not like uncapped pillars. Personally, I would rather have uncapped pillars than a special rule that just restricts the use of spaces. It seems that if you want to restrict a space, it is much easier and smoother to just not put hexes there, as oppose to building it with hexes then telling people they cant use them.
I see the uncapped pillars representing the virtical limit of what you can "see", just like a river or lake can end on the side of a map and it represents the horizontal limit of what you can "see".
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It can also make it look like you were too lazy to finish building the map. I think I'm with Cav on this one.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 25th, 2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It can also make it look like you were too lazy to finish building the map. I think I'm with Cav on this one.
I have a good mind to put some Molten Lava up there.
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I have a good mind to put some Molten Lava up there.
That I have done myself
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

I actually had that idea. It'd be an odd Subway station, though!

Old March 25th, 2010, 02:47 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I certainly respect your opinion, and you are not alone. There are many people who do not like uncapped pillars. <snip>
I hate people like that. People like that also think ladders have to go all the way down, and can't go into water spaces. People like that say trees can't sit directly on the table, and cringe when they see blank spaces around the edge of a map.

Man I hate those people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
I see the uncapped pillars representing the virtical limit of what you can "see", just like a river or lake can end on the side of a map and it represents the horizontal limit of what you can "see".
Makes sense to me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Maps & Scenarios