Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 12th, 2006, 10:11 PM

SunSetSam has disabled reputation
Great Idea for future Heroscape waves

I was talking with another Heroscape player and stumbled across a great idea. How cool would it be if Hasbro cross promotioned with Todd Toys and a future wave of Heroscape characters were designed and crafted by Todd McFarlane? This could be a forerunner of a "guest artist" program for future heroscape characters. Im curious what anyone else thinks.

I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I really wanted was a ham sandwich
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Great Idea for future Heroscape waves

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSetSam
I was talking with another Heroscape player and stumbled across a great idea. How cool would it be if Hasbro cross promotioned with Todd Toys and a future wave of Heroscape characters were designed and crafted by Todd McFarlane? This could be a forerunner of a "guest artist" program for future heroscape characters. Im curious what anyone else thinks.
Just what we need, other "can't live without" items I would just have to work more.

I think it would cool to see some of the HS figures (or is it figure's or figures' ) done McFarlane style. Would have to add more shelves on my office walls, the existing ones are full of McFarlane Hockey figures.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 12th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Uh, actually I prefer the figures all being designed by one artist. More aesthetic consistency that way.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old August 13th, 2006, 02:47 AM

dickflea Woo who?
If it were designed by Todd toys expect the price to be way above 12.99...
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Uh, actually I prefer the figures all being designed by one artist. More aesthetic consistency that way.

I was thinking more along the lines of MacFarlane taking a HS character and making them in the large size very detailed sculpts, like his Spawn stuff or sports figs. Not so much for him doing the figures that we already for expansion sets, I don't see much benefit from that and the price WOULD go up I imagine.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:57 AM

palrobfred is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Im an avid collector of mcfarland's figures and i would LOVE to see a detailed Ne-Gok-Sa action figure or maybe a war beaten Drake.

AWSOME IDEA
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by palrobfred View Post
I'm an avid collector of McFarland's figures and I would LOVE to see a detailed Ne-Gok-Sa action figure or maybe a war beaten Drake.

AWESOME IDEA
Welcome!

Just wanted to point something out,
You do realize that you have resurrected a thread that is nearly 2 years old started by some on with a post count of 1 (in other words, he posted this and never returned), right? Dredging up old threads is fine, if you truly think that more discussion is warranted on a topic, but just to say "I agree" it's kinda lame.
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

palrobfred, Welcome to the site!

To expand a little on what Cav had to say, it would like to direct your attention to THIS thread and THIS thread.

1Mmirg's topic in particular should help you understand why your post was... for lack of a better term - unnecessary.

If you do read and follow the advice of these two posts you'll be well on your way to being a productive and active member here at scapers'

(And have the bonus affect of getting members of me and Cav off yer back! )

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project

Last edited by Dredd Stev; July 18th, 2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old July 18th, 2008, 09:45 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by palrobfred View Post
Im an avid collector of mcfarland's figures and i would LOVE to see a detailed Ne-Gok-Sa action figure or maybe a war beaten Drake.

AWSOME IDEA
I've been waiting to play this card...

Huzzah!
Old July 18th, 2008, 10:01 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

I've given out rep too recently to all three of you guys.

Well said, both of you. You were very courteous, yet helpful to a new member who made a mistake and the community needs more posts like this.

And whitestuff... that's just plain hilarious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion