Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 18th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
"Friendly" or "You Control" -- The Defin

A request was made for a list of those aurae, enhancements, etc. which affect only friendly or only units you control. Here is the list, sorted by general. This list is through Agent Skahen, updated 2/4/09.

As usual, if you have additions or corrections, please do post them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroScape Advanced FAQ
What figures are considered friendly?
Per Page 8 of the Swarm of the Marro rules, friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario and you have the same goals & victory conditions, any figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly.
Units influencing “friendly” or “you control” figures

Friendly
Utgar
1. Swog Rider – Orc Archer Enhancement – “All friendly Orc Archers”
2. Dumutef Guard – Devourer Attack Enhancement – “All friendly Devourers”
3. Khosumet – Relentless Assault – “Each friendly figure”
4. Tornak – Orc Warrior Enhancement – “All friendly Orc Warriors”
5. Brunak – Carry – “friendly”
6. Grimnak – Orc Warrior Enhancement – “All friendly Orc Warriors”
7. Tul-Bak-Ra - Teleport Reinforcements - "one friendly Marro Squad figure"

Jandar
8. Concan – Knight and Sentinel Enhancement – “All friendly Knights and Sentinels”
9. Finn – Attack Aura 1 – “All friendly figures”
10. Thorgrim – Defensive Aura 1 – “All friendly figures”
11. Sir Gilbert – Attack Aura 1 – “All friendly figures”

Einar
12. Marcus Decimus Gallus – Soldier Attack Enhancement – “All friendly Soldiers”

Ullar
13. Acolarh – Ullar’s Amulet – “All friendly figures”
14. Theracus – Carry – “unengaged friendly small or medium figure”
15. Kyntela Gwyn - Strength of Oak Aura 1 - "All friendly Elves adjacent"

Vydar
16. Laglor – Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura – “All friendly figures…who follow Vydar”

Aquilla
17. Brave Arrow - Scout Melee Attack Enhancement - "All friendly Scouts"

You control
Utgar
1. Arrow Gruts – Beast Bonding – “any Beast you control”
2. Blade Gruts – Orc Champion Bonding – “any Orc Champion you control”
3. Deathreavers – Scatter – “a Deathreaver you control”
4. Nerak – Orc Defensive Aura 1 – “All orc figures you control”
5. Ornak – Red Flag of Fury Aura – “Unique Heroes you control”
6. Ornak – Orc Battle Cry Aura – “Orc Warrior figures you control"
7. Heavy Gruts - Orc Champion Bonding" - "any Orc Champion you control"
8. Minions of Utgar – Utgar’s Orders – “any Kyrie Warrior you control who follows Utgar”
9. Taelord – Attack Aura – “All figures you control”
10. Grok Riders - Marro Warlord Bonding - "any Marro Warlord you control"
10a. Grok Riders - Mark of the Warlord - "any Marro Warlord you control"
11. Wolves of Badru - Darklord Bonding - "any Darklord you control"

Jandar
12. Knights of Weston – Human Champion Bonding – “any Human Champion you control”
13. Raelin – Defensive Aura – “All figures you control”
14. MacDirk Warriors – Human Champion Bonding – “any Human Champion you control”
15. Sir Dupuis - Knight's Courage - "every Knight you control"

Einar
16. Sacred Band – Einar Warlord Bonding – “any Warlord you control who follows Einar”
17. Roman Legionnaires – Warlord Bonding – “any Warlord you control”
18. Marcus Decimus Gallus – Soldier Leadership – “All Soldiers you control”
19. Spartacus – Gladiator Inspiration – “all Gladiators you control”
20. Hatamoto Taro - Heroic Defense Aura - "any Samurai or Ashigaru figures you control"
21. Empress Kiova - Gift of Empress Aura - "any Kyrie that you control who follows Einar"
22. Kato Katsuro - Kato Katsuro's Command - "[unit types] that you control"

Ullar
23. Armoc Vipers – Ullar Warlord Bonding – “any Warlord you control who follows Ullar”
24. Sayling – Spear of Summoning – “any figure you control”
25. Acolarh – Leaf of the Home Tree Aura – “any Elf you control”
26. Venoc Warlord – Scout Leadership – “All scouts you control”
27. Arkmer - Staff of Lerkintin - "Elves you control"
28. Chardris - Fire Strike Special Attack - "Elf Wizard you control"
29. Emirroon - Elven Summoning Spell - "Elves you control"
30. Jorhdawn - Rain of Flame Special Attack - "Elf Wizard you control"
31. Ulginesh - Mind Link - "Elf Wizards you control"

Vydar
32. Blastatrons – Gladiatron Movement Bonding – “4 Gladiatrons you control”
33. Nakita Agents – Smoke Powder 13 – “any Nakita Agent you control, or any figure you control that is adjacent to any Nakita Agent you control”
34. Nakita Agents – Gorilla Movement Bonding” – “3 Gorillinators you control”
35. Agent Skahen - Cover Fire - "one Tricky figure you control who follows Vydar"

Aquilla
36. Fyorlag Spiders - Predator Bonding - "any Predator you control"
37. Master Win Chiu Woo - Master's Influence - "All Monk Squad figures you control"
38. Mohican River Tribe - War Cry - "one Unique Tribesman Hero you control"

ALSO: in the Advanced FAQ, ERRATA Section, it is noted that Deathwalker 9000's Range Enhancement, Parmenio's Sacred Band Defy Death 15, and Blastatron's Homing Device all apply to figures you control.

NOTE: Other modifiers that may be of import or interest used on cards include: a, an, the, each, any, all.

Last edited by Revdyer; May 25th, 2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice compilation, Rev! Great work! I knew there was a reason we kept you around.

Newb.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Good job Rev.

Might be worth including the FAQ definition of "Friendly"...

Quote:
What figures are considered friendly?
Per the Master Set rules (page 9) friendly figures are your own figures and teammate’s figures. All figures you control are always considered friendly. Whenever you are allied with a teammate at the beginning of a scenario, any figures you both control are considered friendly. A temporary alliance between opponents during a battle doesn’t change anything. Remember, alliances can always change (unless stated at the beginning of a scenario), so even when you have a temporary truce with an opponent, that opponent’s figure is never considered friendly.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice idea including the definition of friendly, Euryon!

Newb.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Nice idea including the definition of friendly, Euryon!

Newb.
Definition of friendly: Someone who is not unfriendly.

Also, nice list. I don't think you missed anything.
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:00 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I might be overlooking him, but I think you're missing the Einar flagbearer. I'm not sure what else.

Good idea Rev. Nice list.
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Thanks, guys, for the nice words, and for the definition (which is part of the thread now...wonderful!)

jcb231, you deserve the title of "sharp eyes" and I will include, right now, the Hatamoto Taro reference. Thank you!

(Can some kindly admin. title jcb231? That would be really cool.)

This was, by the way, the most detailed listing I have done...originially I tried to include all those "a," "an," "the," "only," "any," "all," "each" and all the other possible modifiers, but that made the list less than usable and almost merely a recap of the cards themselves.
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:45 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thanks Rev.

Here's something:

There are powers that do not use the word "friendly" but rather "any" or "every" and have the same (similar?) effect, for example:

DW9000: RANGE ENHANCEMENT "Any Soulborg Guards adjacent to Deathwalker add 2 spaces to their Range." This would work for "friendly" figs, so it should be on the "friendly" list.

When I suggested this list (I guess you are referring to me) I was thinking of finding everything that can benefit a teammate in team play, and DW9's range enhancement definitely qualifies. I was not concerned with the "units you control" powers, but nothing wrong with throwing them in.

The blastatrons HOMING DEVICE is similar.

Now I do not believe for a second that any troops other than troops you control or "friendly" (the technical definition) troops can benefit from this. (But temporary allies seem murky).

Can the DW9 player grant a temporarily allied player (who is not a "technical friendly") the range enhancement? I think not, because the fig would be engaged to DW, and would have to attack him if attacking at all. The temporary alliance would not alter this rule - even though the card says "any". Or does the use of "any" instead of "friendly" mean that if DW9 grants it, any Soulborg Gaurd (even that of a temporary ally) can use the range bonus? This seems murky. Can anyone clarify?

However it IS ambiguous in the case of the Blastatrons. If a hostile is adjacent to DW9, he would have to attack DW9 or another adjacent fig, and we do not reach the question of the range bonus, so it is moot in that case. But can a blastatron using HOMING DEVICE use hostile vydar soulborgs as targetting bonuses, or must the blastatron use only friendly or controlled vydar soulborgs as targetting bonuses? The card just says "every".

I know this was discussed previously, and it is my belief that someone sent the question of adjacent hostile vydar soulborgs benefiting the blastatron to Hasbro. I remember predicting (and hoping!) Hasbro would say hostiles don't count. Because it is just doesn't feel right to me if they do, despite what the card says. But I haven't ever heard how hasbro answered this, if they did at all. Did they?

Even then, unless the answer was very thorough, we'd be left with a question about temporarily allied vydar soulborgs allowing the shooter to use them as a Homing Device bonus. Since it says "every," this seems possible to do. What do you think?

Should I re-send any of this to Hasbro or do we have answers for any of this? We can hash it out for a while and develop the questions, then send if need be...

H
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:49 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
Hey Rev you placed Hatamoto in the friendly section, but then went on to say that his abillity only works on figures you control. You might want to fix this.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:56 AM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
The hits just keep on a coming...

All of your lists are very well done, this is no exception. Thanks for your gift of time & effort...
Old December 19th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the good comments, Homba. I, personally, have no desire to get into rules disputes with my lists, because I'm not qualified to do that. That's why I stuck strictly to the wording on the cards as they are. I did note, in that last disclaiming sentence of the original post, that there are other words, such as "each," and "all" that have similar effects.

But the question I was intending to answer was the one posed by several people about the difference between "friendly" and "you control," the former designation obviously being more comprehensive than the latter.

Su-Bak-Na, thanks much for the heads-up; I corrected my mistake.
Old December 19th, 2006, 09:22 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Empress Kiova has a units you control special power

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's