Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 12th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Rocket Raccoon II

I like it too. Light but worthwhile synergy. And the defensive power is solid. Honestly I think it'd be a fun write up without the bomb stuff at all. They can just be the frosting on the cake.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 12th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Just a thought, but what about making it kinda like what we came up with for LO's Iron Man?

Kinda just thought of it because the names are similar. And Rocket's the Iron Man of the Guardians, after all. (I think. Don't pick at that analogy)

Quote:
I HAVE A PLAN
Add 1 to your initiative roll for each Unique Hero you control with at least one Order Marker on its card. If you win initiative, before revealing your first Order Marker, you may reveal your "X" Order Marker on this card and take an immediate turn with Rocket Raccoon.
Kinda hits the same notes as the current power, but in a way that only encourages spreading your OMs around instead of outright requiring it, and provides a benefit on the side.
Old August 12th, 2018, 08:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It gives him less tactical flexibility in terms of timing his turn, but it does feel very Rocket to rush in ....

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 13th, 2018, 12:02 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Him just going first every once in while with no reliability to it seems a little dull for Rocket. I was more looking forward to having Groot carry him up with one OM, then Rocket reveals the X to take a turn after that. I'm not really feeling this 'Rocket runs off ahead of everyone else and gets himself killed' concept several people have eluded too. Yes Rocket does his own thing without asking for others permission, but he's also a tactical genius and charging out in front of his tanks isn't a sound plan. He shoots his guns while Drax and Gamora move in, forcing the enemy to deal with those two heavy hitters, then he runs around the edges sowing chaos. That's Rocket IMO.
Old August 13th, 2018, 12:23 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Rocket does headstrong stuff all the time, despite being a good tactician.

Being able to get an extra turn whenever you win initiative is more reliable than being able to get an extra turn when you have 3+ other Unique Heroes that can all take an OM that isn't the X. Plus it doesn't overlap with generalist sidekicks like Zombie and Baby Groot. We don't have to go in that direction, though.

I do think it's a valid concern that the current version of the power makes him a lot less attractive than a generalist sidekick or bonding figure like Robot or Baby Groot or Zombie, and if you take one of those guys, you don't want Rocket anymore.

Honestly, I'd consider trying to 'replace' Robot for Star-Lord. Obviously whatever Rocket's doing isn't going to be quite the same kind of thing Robot does and I'm not saying we should try to take away Robot's niche - that would be hard, because Robot is great. But it would be nice if Rocket could be an equally attractive alternative lieutenant for Star-Lord.
Old August 13th, 2018, 12:30 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'll have to look at Robot's card again. That's not a card I have printed out.
Old August 13th, 2018, 12:47 AM
C3G Landlord

So you want Rocket to be an OM dump for the GotG then?
Old August 13th, 2018, 01:10 AM
Symbiotic

Nope. Said up front that he couldn't fill the same exact niche. If anyone's the Guardians OM dump, it's Mantis.

I just think it would nice if after drafting Star-Lord, the next card I wanted to reach for was Rocket instead of Robot. Don't think the current write-up is there.
Old August 13th, 2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Nope. Said up front that he couldn't fill the same exact niche. If anyone's the Guardians OM dump, it's Mantis.

I just think it would nice if after drafting Star-Lord, the next card I wanted to reach for was Rocket instead of Robot. Don't think the current write-up is there.
I’d throw Robot out there for the most undercosted C3G card debate right now, frankly, so that might be a tough bar. If anything, if you can achieve next pick after Robot, you’re doing well.

Old August 13th, 2018, 01:32 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

What about something like:

Quote:
I HAVE A PLAN
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, instead of taking a turn with that card, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards in your army, immediately move up to 2 figures you control up to 4 spaces each, and take a turn with Rocket.
This would accomplish the master tactician on the fly sporadic action type play that you’re looking for.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:12 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

First time looking at Robot. Wow, he's awfully good. Here's an idea from me:

I HAVE A PLAN
You may place Order Markers on the Army Cards of destroyed figures in your Army. If all of your Order Markers are placed on different Unique Heroes, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, before taking a turn with Rocket Raccoon, you may either;
  • Move each other Unique Hero you control with an Order Marker on its card 2(3?) spaces. If you do, Rocket Raccoon may not move this turn. Or;
  • Reveal the X Order Marker on another Army Card you control and take a turn with that Army Card. If you do, Rocket Raccoon may not attack this turn.

In this example, spreading Order Markers is still the play, and OMs can be placed on dead cards if the player values Rocket's ability enough. I was trying to find distinction from Robot by having the options vary depending on what Rocket would be doing that turn. The X option might be too weak.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Symbiotic

I wouldn't make Rocket's power too long or try to ape Robot too closely.

I do like the idea of Rocket encouraging you to distribute OMs. I think it's better as an encouragement rather than a strict requirement, though. If it is a hard requirement, he should be giving you a more worthwhile (and less redundant with Baby Groot) bonus for doing it than once-a-round sidekicking.

I wouldn't stress the OM flex for him because I think Mantis is doing a lot of that for the Guardians, but if he could provide some mobility, that would be very good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library