Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 13th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of The Crow

@Lord Pyre

Worth a shout out. Could use the help if you are out there LP.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 13th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I tried that earlier, Tornado - didn't work.

It's highly unorthodox, but I may be able to do a test sheet of three tests for this guy, one test for the present official version, one for dok's idea (if he posts it in a proper format), and one for my idea (which I can post in a proper format some time soon if you would like).
It won't be as in depth as two tests, but it should give an idea of each version, on how thematic/strong/frustrating they are in game.
I can do this before or after testing Songbird, depending on what would be more helpful - I hope to be able to test both.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; November 13th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old November 13th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Mine is an ancient call heard by all Lords.

That would be great L_O. Thank you.

This one is making me all sorts of anxious as I do not want to fiddle with it too much but all my ideas are pretty much overhauls.

So wish I could have been part of the original LD.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 13th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

So I more or less like the direction we're going with here.

- I like the idea of multiple Crow Markers - let's say three? - since he's almost slasher-like in his "mow through everyone who wronged him" sensibility. With that, it makes sense to drop the "earns new vengeance throughout the game" bit. I'd limit it to Unique cards... he shouldn't be swearing vengeance on the abstract concept of "Street Thugs" or on cosmic forces but specific entities. If we went with the movie version, he'd put a marker on a Unique Squad of the three thugs, a Unique Hero of their leader, and then a Unique Hero of the crime lord guy. Not 100% accurate but close enough.
- I'd like to keep the -1 Defense, but limited to Crow's attacks. Or push it further to strongly incentivize attacking his victims. He should be gunning for the top dudes and only attacking the mooks if necessary...
- That being said, maybe punish him for attacking the non-Crow figures "if possible?" Not sure how we would do that... but, like, "If it is possible to attack a figure with a Crow Marker, if the Crow does not, he rolls 2 fewer attack dice." Like, again, in terms of the movie - if Weird Long Hair Guy throws a bunch of mooks in his way, Crow isn't any weaker. He'll blow through them. But if he has an equal choice between gunning for Weird Long Hair Guy and a bunch of mooks, he would never choose to go after the mooks. The player should feel the same way.
- I'd be fine with him dying immediately if there's no more victims, but I think in practical terms having decay wounds would be better, to make sure the player controlling the Crow doesn't avoid "finishing the job."

I think the original design, in theory, is a fine card. But in practice it doesn't work the way it should. You CAN play it the way the character works, but you're not given the proper carrot/stick to do so. So that's the biggest thing to focus on.

I'm never comfortable overhauling a card so much on reevaluation but I think we'll need to anyways for balance. While we're here we may as well fix the rest of the package up.
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I emailed LP to see if he has time to weigh in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
- I'd like to keep the -1 Defense, but limited to Crow's attacks. Or push it further to strongly incentivize attacking his victims. He should be gunning for the top dudes and only attacking the mooks if necessary...
- That being said, maybe punish him for attacking the non-Crow figures "if possible?" Not sure how we would do that... but, like, "If it is possible to attack a figure with a Crow Marker, if the Crow does not, he rolls 2 fewer attack dice." Like, again, in terms of the movie - if Weird Long Hair Guy throws a bunch of mooks in his way, Crow isn't any weaker. He'll blow through them. But if he has an equal choice between gunning for Weird Long Hair Guy and a bunch of mooks, he would never choose to go after the mooks. The player should feel the same way.
That's why I like the idea of dropping his attack to 3 and boosting his bonus against the target. That way, the player can have him gun through mooks to get to his target, but is given a strong incentive to go after the target, as that's how he'll be inflicting the most damage per OM by a long shot. Simple, no actual restrictions, nothing fancy, just a real reason to pick someone and go after them like an assassin.
Quote:
- I like the idea of multiple Crow Markers - let's say three? - since he's almost slasher-like in his "mow through everyone who wronged him" sensibility. With that, it makes sense to drop the "earns new vengeance throughout the game" bit. I'd limit it to Unique cards... he shouldn't be swearing vengeance on the abstract concept of "Street Thugs" or on cosmic forces but specific entities. If we went with the movie version, he'd put a marker on a Unique Squad of the three thugs, a Unique Hero of their leader, and then a Unique Hero of the crime lord guy. Not 100% accurate but close enough.
Definitely up for that - I'm cool with a Unique restriction, as long as it isn't a Unique Hero restriction. Based on the guys he went after, I really want to be able to go after the Hired Guns. Three would be fine with me, though I have concerns about that number being too strong - two would work fine, I think, and as I said, Hired Guns + Crime Lord = murderous gang + Top Dollar.

Quote:
- I'd be fine with him dying immediately if there's no more victims, but I think in practical terms having decay wounds would be better, to make sure the player controlling the Crow doesn't avoid "finishing the job."
Not sure how you'd work that, but I'd like to hear what you were thinking.

Honestly, this is what I'm thinking for this guy right now:

NAME = THE CROW
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC DRAVEN

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVENANT
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190?

SET THE WRONG THINGS RIGHT
At the start of the game, choose up to two opponent's Unique Army Cards that are not The Crow and place a black Crow Marker on the chosen figures' cards.If all figures with your Crow Marker on their card are removed from the battlefield, your opponent loses control of those figures or are destroyed at the end of any round, destroy the Crow.

LIVE FOR VENGEANCE
Any figure with one of your Crow Markers on its card rolls 2 fewer defence dice when defending against the Crow. Whenever the Crow would receive one or more wounds, ignore one of those wounds.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When The Crow attacks, he may attack one additional time.

Should be thematic on the card and to play, and actually surprisingly simple.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
I mean just a "after taking a turn with the Crow, if no opponents' figures have a Crow Marker on them, place a wound marker on this card."

Like, if my last remaining Crow Figure is down a single wound, and I take a turn with the Crow, I might say "huh, if I kill him, I lose a figure; better attack some mooks instead and let one of my other figures finish him off later." With the wounds, you get to keep the Crow, he'll just start his walk toward the grave if you take too many more turns.
Old November 13th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
I mean just a "after taking a turn with the Crow, if no opponents' figures have a Crow Marker on them, place a wound marker on this card."

Like, if my last remaining Crow Figure is down a single wound, and I take a turn with the Crow, I might say "huh, if I kill him, I lose a figure; better attack some mooks instead and let one of my other figures finish him off later." With the wounds, you get to keep the Crow, he'll just start his walk toward the grave if you take too many more turns.
Ooh, I like that! Same theme, less punishing. I also think killing Crow at the end of the round could work as well, but either way, I think would really work.
Do you think the above draft would work okay?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 13th, 2016, 10:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Again, I feel like three would be the sweet spot for marker numbers, but overall I feel like that draft hits the right spots thematically and should make him a lot less obnoxious to play against. But I'm not expert.
Old November 13th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Again, I feel like three would be the sweet spot for marker numbers, but overall I feel like that draft hits the right spots thematically and should make him a lot less obnoxious to play against. But I'm not expert.
I'm cool with 3 too - honestly whatever is most balanced on that one, I just have concerns about 3 being OP. I'm just glad we're homing in on something that will actually work.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 14th, 2016, 01:30 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I was personally thinking of something like this

NAME = THE CROW
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIC DRAVEN

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVENANT
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

The Crow does not start the game on the battlefield. Whenever any other figure you control is destroyed by an opponent’s figure that is not The Crow, you may place the Crow Marker on the attacking Hero's Army Card, remove all Wound Markers from this card, and place The Crow in your start zone. The Crow may not attack any figure without your Crow Marker on its card. If the figure with your Crow Marker on its card is removed from the battlefield, place your Crow Marker on this card, and remove The Crow from the battlefield.

LIVE FOR VENGEANCE
Any figure with one of your Crow Markers on its card rolls 1 fewer defense dice when defending against the Crow. Whenever the Crow would receive two or more wounds from a figure without the Superstrength ability, he instead receives one wound. At the end of the round, if your Crow Marker is on another figure's card, The crow receives one wound.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When The Crow attacks, he may attack one additional time.

I tried to incorporate as many of the ideas tossed around as possible, while still keeping as close to the LD's intent as possible.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post

The Crow does not start the game on the battlefield. Whenever any other figure you control is destroyed by an opponent’s figure that is not The Crow, you may place the Crow Marker on the attacking Hero's Army Card, remove all Wound Markers from this card, and place The Crow in your start zone. The Crow may not attack any figure without your Crow Marker on its card. If the figure with your Crow Marker on its card is removed from the battlefield, place your Crow Marker on this card, and remove The Crow from the battlefield.
The problem there is that it is still, IMO, a massive theme break - the Crow came back once - he never came back again - to avenge two people - him and his fiancee - who were killed a year ago. For him to keep popping back up whenever someone on your team dies, while a cool power idea, is not fitting the character.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library