Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #145  
Old August 18th, 2014, 09:40 PM
NecroBlade's Avatar
NecroBlade NecroBlade is offline
"our design team knows what it's doing"
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: KY - Shepherdsville
Posts: 19,772
Images: 32
Blog Entries: 21
NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

I'm a little surprised at a third faction being added to the game, but at the same time, there was only expanded universe stuff left anyway.

Looks like a really interesting release, and I'm looking forward to trying out the little "Scyk" because it looks like a nimble little fighter, my favorite kind.

(It also looks like they changed the display as the 'con went on to add more info, because Sunday they had all the ship/pack names, as well as the second Z-95 that comes with the Y-Wing.)

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Gurei-Ornery's Avatar
Gurei-Ornery Gurei-Ornery is offline
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.
 
Join Date: January 13, 2011
Location: USA - MD - Hagerstown
Posts: 2,397
Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: X-Wing

For those still on the fence on X-Wing, not that there are that many left on the fence, Coolstuff has the Tie and X-Wing expansions on sale today for $8 each.

My Trades/Good Traders
Boardgame Purge 10/03/14 Ongoing
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:47 PM
rudyvalentine rudyvalentine is offline
 
Join Date: January 17, 2008
Location: USA - PA - Indiana
Posts: 541
Images: 1
rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

I'm hoping to have the opportunity to introduce this to and play this game with some friends on a monthly basis. Everyone playing has Heroscape experience, so I'm not worried about teaching the game, but I am hoping to scale the game into a nice 1v1, hour long format so that we can get a two round session with four players.

I have had the game for a while, but don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like so I'm still getting a feel for points and various builds.

Any suggestions for good point totals for new players to get their feet wet? I'd like for the games to at least be close to ending in about an hour, understanding that our first plays will take longer as we are learning.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:54 PM
MegaSilver's Avatar
MegaSilver MegaSilver is offline
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two
 
Join Date: April 13, 2009
Location: USA - KY - Caneyville
Posts: 13,413
Images: 103
Blog Entries: 39
MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death! MegaSilver is hot lava death!
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I'm hoping to have the opportunity to introduce this to and play this game with some friends on a monthly basis. Everyone playing has Heroscape experience, so I'm not worried about teaching the game, but I am hoping to scale the game into a nice 1v1, hour long format so that we can get a two round session with four players.

I have had the game for a while, but don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like so I'm still getting a feel for points and various builds.

Any suggestions for good point totals for new players to get their feet wet? I'd like for the games to at least be close to ending in about an hour, understanding that our first plays will take longer as we are learning.
A great way to to teach the game is for everyone to play Furball. Everyone flies one ship+upgrades at 35 point each, as a Free-For-All. It's so much fun overall to just shoot anything within range, as well.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old November 6th, 2014, 11:01 PM
rudyvalentine rudyvalentine is offline
 
Join Date: January 17, 2008
Location: USA - PA - Indiana
Posts: 541
Images: 1
rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
A great way to to teach the game is for everyone to play Furball. Everyone flies one ship+upgrades at 35 point each, as a Free-For-All. It's so much fun overall to just shoot anything within range, as well.
That's really interesting! I like the sound of this a lot. Seems like a quick, fun and great way to teach the game. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old November 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM
rym's Avatar
rym rym is offline
Who Bummed Woo
 
Join Date: September 9, 2007
Location: TX -Arlington
Posts: 3,005
Blog Entries: 25
rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: X-Wing

I saw an interesting variant of Furball that I think may be a bit more fun for a free-for-all so that no one is left sitting on the side while the other people are still playing.

Basically, each person has a couple of ships ready to go, within the parameters of the point total you're using for Furball. And you put a time limit on the game, say an hour or so. You fly your ship til it dies, then on the next round, you simply use your next ship you had in your lineup. Keeps everyone interested and playing, and it's a lot of fun. We played that method, and when ships came back into play, we allowed them to come in back into play along whichever edge you chose. Beware who you just shot down!

Additionally, to add a bit more spice to a Furball of this variant, you can also track points to determine the best pilot. What I mean is, take the points you flew and divide it into the points you killed to figure your score. Higest score wins. It is a great way to ensure everyone gets to play the entire time and does lend itself to some strategy. Do I soften up the Phantom so you can steal the points from me, or do I shoot you and break the alliance we had in ganging up on the Phantom? Lots of fun.

For example: I flew 30 points, and killed 2 ships worth 60 points. My score would be 2.0(60 points destroyed / 30 points flown). If I die, I simply put my next ship in and keep going.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old November 8th, 2014, 06:57 PM
NecroBlade's Avatar
NecroBlade NecroBlade is offline
"our design team knows what it's doing"
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: KY - Shepherdsville
Posts: 19,772
Images: 32
Blog Entries: 21
NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
A great way to to teach the game is for everyone to play Furball. Everyone flies one ship+upgrades at 35 point each, as a Free-For-All. It's so much fun overall to just shoot anything within range, as well.
That's really interesting! I like the sound of this a lot. Seems like a quick, fun and great way to teach the game. Thanks!
You're welcome! (I'm the one who introduced @MegaSilver to that format. )

@rym , that sounds like a sweet variation.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:44 AM
stubobj's Avatar
stubobj stubobj is offline
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 1,092
Images: 2
stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Went down to the shop yesterday to teach some Xwing. Only one guy was down there due to the snow we got. Normally I don't care to play games with this guy but since there was no one else around I decided to give it a shot. While explaining the rules to him he makes a call on his cell. So I politely stop explaining and wait til hes off the phone. After a couple minutes of sitting there he starts to gesture to me to continue explaining. I wasn't going to do that. You want to learn a game you better pay attention when the rules are being explained. So he eventually got off the phone so I could explain the rules but he still wasn't paying full attention to me and kept messing with his phone. We finally get into the actual game play. But that still didnt stop him from using his phone every time it was HIS turn. Now I know it can be tough to not bump the ships it happens all the time. The problem I was having with this guy is he wasn't trying not to bump the ships. He was measuring things that didnt need measured and bumping every ship while doing it. There was even one point where I could tell he was going to overlap my ship. I even told him he as going to overlap after he revealed the dial. He says naw I got this and refused to let me help him as he bumped my ship the move template and his ship to magically now have plenty of room. I was so happy that the game was pretty much over by then anyways. I love this game and I fully understand there will be some accidental bumps happen but I can't play this with someone thats not even going to attempt to not bump anything or let someone else help. Also if you are going to play a game with someone PUT THE PHONE AWAY!!!!!!!!!! My biggest pet peeve when playing games. If you can send a txt while its other players turn fine I wont complain but if you are holding up the game so you can txt someone I will not tolerate.

/rant

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Gurei-Ornery's Avatar
Gurei-Ornery Gurei-Ornery is offline
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.
 
Join Date: January 13, 2011
Location: USA - MD - Hagerstown
Posts: 2,397
Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: X-Wing

@stubobj - A thin piece of galvanized steel and magnets in the bases saves me from pulling out my hair while playing with my son. Even while trying not to bump he bumps almost everything. Serenity now.

My Trades/Good Traders
Boardgame Purge 10/03/14 Ongoing
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old November 17th, 2014, 07:49 AM
akden's Avatar
akden akden is offline
Chewer of Cats
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: USA - VA - Winchester
Posts: 920
akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

If worse comes to worse, you can use the thin piece of galvanized steel to hit the guy if he won't stop bumping your ships!
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Matthias Maccabeus's Avatar
Matthias Maccabeus Matthias Maccabeus is offline
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time
 
Join Date: April 10, 2007
Location: IA - Councilbama
Posts: 3,741
Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun Matthias Maccabeus is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Went down to the shop yesterday to teach some Xwing. Only one guy was down there due to the snow we got. Normally I don't care to play games with this guy but since there was no one else around I decided to give it a shot. While explaining the rules to him he makes a call on his cell. So I politely stop explaining and wait til hes off the phone. After a couple minutes of sitting there he starts to gesture to me to continue explaining. I wasn't going to do that. You want to learn a game you better pay attention when the rules are being explained. So he eventually got off the phone so I could explain the rules but he still wasn't paying full attention to me and kept messing with his phone. We finally get into the actual game play. But that still didnt stop him from using his phone every time it was HIS turn. Now I know it can be tough to not bump the ships it happens all the time. The problem I was having with this guy is he wasn't trying not to bump the ships. He was measuring things that didnt need measured and bumping every ship while doing it. There was even one point where I could tell he was going to overlap my ship. I even told him he as going to overlap after he revealed the dial. He says naw I got this and refused to let me help him as he bumped my ship the move template and his ship to magically now have plenty of room. I was so happy that the game was pretty much over by then anyways. I love this game and I fully understand there will be some accidental bumps happen but I can't play this with someone thats not even going to attempt to not bump anything or let someone else help. Also if you are going to play a game with someone PUT THE PHONE AWAY!!!!!!!!!! My biggest pet peeve when playing games. If you can send a txt while its other players turn fine I wont complain but if you are holding up the game so you can txt someone I will not tolerate.

/rant
I know a guy in Omaha that would play you and not bump ships...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:51 AM
stubobj's Avatar
stubobj stubobj is offline
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 1,092
Images: 2
stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

I know a guy in Omaha that would play you and not bump ships...
Tell him to come down to Beatrice and I'll have a game waiting for him!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FFG X-Wing combined with Heroscape peteparkerh Other Games 14 November 30th, 2012 12:03 PM
Wing Blocker? Simpsons Scaper Official Units 10 December 9th, 2008 07:44 PM
Wing Chiu Woo? MKSentinel Scapers Online 1 August 2nd, 2007 11:22 PM
X-wing Vs. Tie Fighter Ketch Other Games 18 March 11th, 2007 03:23 PM
Wing Attachment K/H_Addict Official Units 14 July 6th, 2006 12:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.