Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

View Poll Results: What proposed new format of the contest would you prefer?
TGRF's Plan (see below) 5 71.43%
Tornado's Plan (see below) 2 28.57%
A different plan (please present one) 0 0%
I think the contest is fine as it is 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2015, 10:59 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Fan Fic Contest - A New Direction

Greetings, all.

The Fan Fic contest has seen dwindling numbers of late, as expounded upon here.

I think we all agree that this needs to be fixed one way or another. The only question is how to do so. Below is my proposed new format of the Contest. Please vote whether this sounds like a good or viable plan to you. If you have a different idea, we'd be glad to hear it. If it's a full plan, I'll add it to this OP. All opinions are welcome.

I'm also linking to Dysole's post here, because he offers an excellent breakdown of the situation.

Proposed Plans
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; August 31st, 2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old August 24th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest - A New Direction

I voted TGRF's, but I think Tornado's plan ain't half-bad either. Perhaps every now and again we could switch from a contest to a group thing, just to shake things up.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 24th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think both can be done.

TGRF could act as mediator for a group story. Starting off the story and then perhaps ending/starting chapters.

What might be fun is if TGRF writes a beginning, middle(s), and an end that the group works towards. That would allow him to still write in a structured way.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 24th, 2015, 01:28 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I voted TGRF's, but I think Tornado's plan ain't half-bad either. Perhaps every now and again we could switch from a contest to a group thing, just to shake things up.

~TAF
I have nothing against a group thing. I just don't want to replace the contest with it. If we have the numbers, I'd love to do a group fiction again. With any luck, the individual stories will inspire new fan fictions.
~TGRF.
Old August 24th, 2015, 08:10 PM

Mentioning to draw attention to this thread.
@Elven Lord @Dysole @Bro-man @Crixus33 @Marro_Warlord

~TGRF.
Old August 25th, 2015, 02:18 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thoughts

A group story is not a bad idea but right now if you want to keep this thing going you'll want some very thorough structure.

~Dysole, briefly
Old August 25th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, it makes me sad to say this but I think my time on heroscapers in general is drawing to a close. I have just started college and I have little time to do much else other than study and do classwork. It gives me no pleasure to leave, but I feel it is going to happen. I wish everyone good luck and I hope the contest does stay alive. It was fun while it lasted.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old August 25th, 2015, 10:12 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Both seem pretty great, however, I'd prefer TGRF's plan.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old August 25th, 2015, 12:34 PM

I'm going to PM an admin and see if we could get titles/on the front page. Opinions and other plans are still welcome. I'm just checking whether mine will actually work.
~TGRF.
Old August 25th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Actually I would like to win a new title. Consider me in.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 25th, 2015, 12:44 PM

I've sent a message to Aldin, asking if front page access and titles would be possible.
EDIT: Aldin has forwarded the message to Xorlof and Xotli, as he's never dealt with the front page. He sees no reason why we couldn't give the winners special titles.
FURTHER EDIT: Xotli is bringing it up in the admin area, where they will 'bat it around' for a bit. He will get back to me.

~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; August 27th, 2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old August 28th, 2015, 02:13 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Hello everyone. Been awhile since I last came on here. I know I dropped radar for a bit and I've been very busy of late with RL and other deals. As for this idea, well, I was thinking it would be good in support of Tornado's idea. Long ago, if I remember correctly, there was a story group that many of us worked together, creating the story as we go. It was based around a group of heroes taken together into an arena and they all escaped and tried to get back to their generals. That is what I remember and it was a lot of fun.

I know this is surprise that I am back. RL had been very busy for me but I will pop up now and again to see how things going and what new things interest me. Don't worry everyone, I may be gone for many long periods of time, but Heroscape will always be in my heart.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction