Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old November 24th, 2023, 08:19 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Goliath (Vote for public testing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
yea

It looks like a lot of the opposing teams were 1.0 teams - probably best to test with solely 2.0 at this stage in the game as we're often making changes with conversions, some minor changes, some more major changes. Additionally I'm not totally sure what all made up the opposing teams as there are quite a few Injustice and Bat-Family builds at 1100 and 900 respectively. I can piece together a bit of it but I'm not sure what Batman was used or if the Grodd used was 1.0 or 2.0 (because there is no Bizarro or Dr Light in 2.0 yet).

"Revenge of the Gargoyles" or "Manhattan Clan Revenge" or "Gargoyle's Revenge" for the last ability name? It's a very generic name for a very specific ability.

Also, with Manhattan Clan Leadership - right now I feel like you'd often want all OMs on Goliath since you can't trigger the move/attack actions with him. If you want to be able to give Goliath actions with the ability, changing "ally" to "you control" would let you spread OMs a bit more, thus making the Revenge ability's OM-save more impactful as a result. Just an idea.
I did test with 1.0 figures this time. Most of my other games have been 2.0, but my son wanted to do 1.0 for these games. I'll make sure to use 2.0 going forward.

I went with Manhattan Clan Revenge and updated the wording as you suggested.

And as for his leadership power. Yes if you do not have Brooklyn all OMs would be on Goliath. With Brooklyn, Brooklyn gives half actions so he can allow someone to move and then Goliath can allow that figure to attack or vice versa.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old November 24th, 2023, 08:20 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Goliath (public testing)

This passes. Can someone please move the thread to playtesting for me.

My current reward points
Old November 26th, 2023, 07:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I too would like to see more info on the test for the armies you used. Injustice League doesn't tell me enough to gauge what's going on for instance.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 27th, 2023, 10:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Goliath

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Gargoyles
Vs.
Spider-Verse: Otto, Takuya, Leopardon, Assassin, Man-Spider (1100)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Vs.
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Atom (1100)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: ....

Old November 30th, 2023, 11:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Army Test
Vs.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Vs.
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Atom (1100)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Two decent wins here. I feel like Goliath stacking more on top of Brooklyn feels slightly too strong. Potentially 4 attacks per OM, with Goliath’s attack being big (Or potentially 5 attacks in one turn, mostly of 8 attack power). Also with both Hudson and Goliath giving free bonus moves, Lex is basically always fully charged which makes their defense crazy good. Autowounds took out Brooklyn in my second game, but they still won. I feel like the Stealth, +1 attack, and both move+attack in Goliath’s leadership might be a bit much, also extraneous? Maybe just cutting the bonuses, and leave it as just OM1 move action, OM2 attack action, OM3 Move OR attack action? Might help a tad. Also Revenge is so strong I’d be tempted to cut the double attack aspect entirely, and then up the max to +3 or +4? Still scary, but the +attack power in addition to septuple attacking is nasty. At the very least I might cap it to just one attack rather than an unlimited chain.

But bottom line, I think he’s close. I do like him a lot, and I'm really enjoying playing this army. I think they were good without him, and he adds more of the same, in a way, so it turned the Good into really great. I do like that he’s a heavy hitter when the others aren’t, so I want to make sure to keep that, but cutting down a bit of the other stuff might be good.

Old November 30th, 2023, 11:45 PM
Ninja Playtester

Thanks LP. That second game seemed pretty close, but I'll think it over a bit. You say in your summary that Hudson was recharging Lex, can you elaborate on that? I don't understand what you mean.

My current reward points
Old November 30th, 2023, 11:53 PM
...has moist legs

Yeah, Hudson’s gargoyle charge gives 5 gargoyles maneuvers. Maneuvers are move actions so instead of maneuvering him I’m just rolling for his gadgets at the start of each round.

Yeah second game was pretty close, but both Brooklyn and Goliath were taken out pretty quick so they didn’t quite reach their full potential (but also, how often will they reach that potential? Just mentioning the data)
Old November 30th, 2023, 11:55 PM
Ninja Playtester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah, Hudson’s gargoyle charge gives 5 gargoyles maneuvers. Maneuvers are move actions so instead of maneuvering him I’m just rolling for his gadgets at the start of each round.

Yeah second game was pretty close, but both Brooklyn and Goliath were taken out pretty quick so they didn’t quite reach their full potential (but also, how often will they reach that potential? Just mentioning the data)
That could be a big part of the problem...

SCAVENGING TINKERER
If Lexington is unengaged, instead of an attack action, you may roll 3 combat dice. For each skull, place 1 Scrap Marker on this card, to a max of 3. Lexington has +1 Defense for each Scrap Marker on this card.

My current reward points
Old December 1st, 2023, 12:02 AM
...has moist legs

lol, my brain what happened. Sorry. Doesn’t change goliaths help with him since he still grants attack actions at the same rate as moves, but that should tone down their defense a bit from what I just did

I’ve played him so much at this point not sure why I did it wrong this time
Old December 1st, 2023, 10:37 PM
...has moist legs

Army Test
Vs.

Spoiler Alert!

Old December 1st, 2023, 10:39 PM
...has moist legs

There, reran my Spider game. They're definitely not as strong as I thought they were without Lex constantly backing them up. I still think there should be some sort of cap on the Revenge, as that quadruple attack of 8-8-7-6 was gross. He's blowing through nearly any figure in the game with that potential. But I'm not too worried about the other stuff. I don't think the Stealth and +1 attack bonus are NEEDED, but they're not pushing him to far over or anything.
Old December 1st, 2023, 11:17 PM
Ninja Playtester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
There, reran my Spider game. They're definitely not as strong as I thought they were without Lex constantly backing them up. I still think there should be some sort of cap on the Revenge, as that quadruple attack of 8-8-7-6 was gross. He's blowing through nearly any figure in the game with that potential. But I'm not too worried about the other stuff. I don't think the Stealth and +1 attack bonus are NEEDED, but they're not pushing him to far over or anything.
Cool, thanks. That test looks pretty even to me. Things are looking better for balance in the gargoyles. I might limit it to only one additional attack. Just curious, was any of those attacks high ground? From even ground, it should go 8 (with 2 figures on his card) then toss a body for an attack 7, then 6 and so on.

My current reward points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database