Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old October 30th, 2014, 12:30 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Grats on back to back wins, TAF. Hmm... do I want to write for my own prompt... Yeah, I can give it out if you all are up for it.

SheapCreaper, since I have not read all of the stories, and therefore because of your warning read only the last spoiler, who won second, third, and honorable mention? I ask for the sake of the archive.

~TGRF.
Old October 30th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

To answer your archiving question, I believe it was

4th: Crixus33
3rd: Dysole
2nd: TGRF
1st: TheAverageFan

~TAF, recommending that all contestants read each others' stories

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; November 5th, 2014 at 02:06 AM.
Old October 30th, 2014, 12:59 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So should I give out the prompt?
~TGRF.
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:06 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sure why not.

Old October 30th, 2014, 01:19 PM

Well then, on that note...
WARNING: I am listening to highly epic music as I write this prompt. Prepare yourselves.

Quote:
Too often it seems that I have given out prompts well over a page in length. So this time, I give you a prompt consisting of two words:
Quote:
Soulborg invasion.
That's it. Does your mind jump to sudden conclusions, epic scenes, theories about the invasion? Good, use them. I want the soulborgs to invade Valhalla. And I don't mean via the wellsprings. They arrive by their own technologically advanced means, be that a spaceship, some form of transporter, whatever. The more original the better.
What you write is up to you. The only requirement is that it contains the invasion. It can happen before the invasion and end with it, during the invasion, even once Valhalla has fallen. I just want the invasion or the effects of the invasion in there.
Bonus points to whoever can invent the most original/effectively useful soulborg design.
Begin!
Old October 30th, 2014, 02:33 PM

Too bad I wasted my Original DeathWalker two stories ago... -__-

I'll see what I can come up with, but be warned--your prompt may only be two words, but my tale may be a little bit longer...

~TAF, trying to come up with an original sic-fi... oh wait...

Old October 30th, 2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Too bad I wasted my Original DeathWalker two stories ago... -__-

I'll see what I can come up with, but be warned--your prompt may only be two words, but my tale may be a little bit longer...

~TAF, trying to come up with an original sic-fi... oh wait...
Wait a minute... are you judging? Because you won, so...
~TGRF, confused.
P.S. I'm perfectly fine with judging, it was just my understanding that you were doing it.
Old October 30th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm pretty sure what TAF was going for TGRF, (so many acronyms ) was he prefers writing to judging and since he does not have a prompt right now he would rather have someone else (currently you) come up with a prompt and then judge the ensuing stories as well. Of course TAF could say I am completely wrong.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old October 30th, 2014, 07:28 PM

elsinora is surprisingly tart

Oh man, I would totally do this if I wasn't so busy. This would be so. Epic. next time, hopefully.

"I'll say it one last time; be brave." Veronica Roth

I have a thing for quotes...

Read my Fanfic! http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=50148
Old October 30th, 2014, 07:29 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
WARNING: I am listening to highly epic music as I write this prompt. Prepare yourselves.

Quote:
Too often it seems that I have given out prompts well over a page in length. So this time, I give you a prompt consisting of two words:
Quote:
Soulborg invasion.
That's it. Does your mind jump to sudden conclusions, epic scenes, theories about the invasion? Good, use them. I want the soulborgs to invade Valhalla. And I don't mean via the wellsprings. They arrive by their own technologically advanced means, be that a spaceship, some form of transporter, whatever. The more original the better.
What you write is up to you. The only requirement is that it contains the invasion. It can happen before the invasion and end with it, during the invasion, even once Valhalla has fallen. I just want the invasion or the effects of the invasion in there.
Bonus points to whoever can invent the most original/effectively useful soulborg design.
Begin!
Out of curiosity. What if we don't use a invasion per say but have it that Vydar would be using an invasion of his own force if possible. Would it be alright if I focused on that?

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsinora View Post
Oh man, I would totally do this if I wasn't so busy. This would be so. Epic. next time, hopefully.
Welcome back! Yeah, hopefully you can join in when you have the time. I look forward to your entries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro-man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Soulborg invasion.
Begin!
Out of curiosity. What if we don't use a invasion per say but have it that Vydar would be using an invasion of his own force if possible. Would it be alright if I focused on that?
Well the thing is I kind of have this picture in my head of the soulborgs overrunning everyone with their sophisticated machinery, their massive spaceships hanging in the air over everything while they bombard the land below... but I'm going to say yeah, that would be fine. Meh, Vydar could summon the army and then they turn on him.
Whatever comes to you. I realize I'm asking for more of a sci-fi approach than traditional HS, so if you want to make it a bit more HSy that's fine.
~TGRF.
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:56 PM

elsinora is surprisingly tart

Thanks, TGRF. It's good to be back, and I'm gonna post a new fanfic hopefully tomorrow If I can finish.

"I'll say it one last time; be brave." Veronica Roth

I have a thing for quotes...

Read my Fanfic! http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=50148

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction