Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 7th, 2020, 03:35 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Cyclops (II)

I know I'm going to get annoying with this power, and I apologize ahead of time, but I just want to play the figure correctly, in a way that is true to the intention of the design, and to its maximum potential.

The attacking figure starts the turn in the "Before moving phase," skips the "movement phase," goes immediately into the "after moving/before attacking" phase?
The moving figure may also take their turn, skipping normal/special attacks, up through the "After attacking" and "After Taking a Turn" phase as well?

Could Speed use
SUPERSPEED
Speed may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Speed, if he did not use his Molecular Destabilitation Special Attack this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

And for instance, Whirlwind has a Special Attack that allows movement + attacking. I assume he could only use that to attack 3 times if he never leaves the space?

WHIRLWIND BARRAGE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Whirlwind, you may move Whirlwind up to 3 spaces. Whirlwind can attack up to 3 times with this special attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as Whirlwind is on a space where he could end his movement. After using this special attack, Whirlwind may move up to 2 additional spaces.

However, he also has:
TORNADO FORCE WINDS

Instead of moving and attacking with Whirlwind, you may place all figures that are adjacent to Whirlwind and not huge up to 3 spaces from their original placements. Moved figures never take any leaving engagement attacks but will take any falling damage that may apply. Roll an unblockable attack die, one at a time, against each placed figure.

Doesn't move or attack. And if that's ok, does that free up your second figure with the option to move, attack or use a similar sort of power if they have it?

And, if you activate an attacking figure first, and second activate an X-23 who you want to move out of adjacency, and you roll a 1-5 for SCENT TRIGGERED FRENZY, would the turn immediately end, because you must attack that figure, but can't?

Last edited by toyhandle; November 7th, 2020 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Edited Whirlwind's Special Attack question
Old November 7th, 2020, 03:54 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Correct, you are getting annoying with this power. :P J/k

Superspeed’s bonus movement comes after taking a turn, so that should be fine to use.

Special attack that also provides movement, I’d imagine as written the movement portion couldn’t be used. Normal movement was the intention, but as written I’d say that’s correct.

Instead of moving and attacking stuff wouldn’t be usable since you can’t give up something you already can’t use.

Scent Triggered Frenzy on a turn she couldn’t attack would just fail, yes.

I appreciate you going through these types of interactions, an FAQ is certainly in order, or revised wording.
Old November 7th, 2020, 04:17 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I would also say that you can't use Quicksilver's Special Attack since it is also instead of moving and attacking. If you don't have the option to use that phase during the turn you can't use an instead of power.
Old November 7th, 2020, 04:23 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I appreciate the quick reply, and you for making this card. People rag on Cyclops all the time, including my friend who plays, and I (mostly) don't get it.
Scott's got the best of intentions! And I know this card will make my friend a Cyclops fan. Or possibly develop an actual grudge toward the character.

And that all makes sense. So Selene wouldn't be able to move, but could use:
INANIMATE OBJECT CONTROL 9

Instead of attacking, you may choose a destructible object or obstacle within 5 spaces of Selene and up to 9 figures on or within 2 spaces of that destructible object or obstacle. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure. If you roll 9 or higher, that figure receives a wound.

But, everything as written, could Nightcrawler (Kurt Darkhölme) use RUTHLESS TELEPORTATION with BAMF! Teleport? Not quite an "instead of," just using it prevents attacking.

RUTHLESS TELEPORTATION
Each time before Nightcrawler moves with his BAMF! Teleport special power, you may choose a figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. After placing Nightcrawler with BAMF! Teleport, roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. After inflicting a wound with this special power, if that chosen figure has only one Life remaining, you may roll one additional unblockable attack die against that figure. A figure may not be chosen for Ruthless Teleportation more than once per turn. If Nightcrawler uses his Ruthless Teleportation, he cannot attack this turn.

And wrong thread, but I'm just now noticing, Kurt Darkhölme could be drafted with one of the other two Nightcrawler figures? Neat!
Old November 7th, 2020, 04:29 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yeah he’s not the same Nightcrawler since he’s from a different Universe (Age of Apocalypse). He would tech. be deserving of the Crossover Symbol, but since he has a different secret identity, that is good enough to draft them together.

As for using Ruthless Teleportation, I would say he could use it on a movement turn since it’s not giving up his attack to use it, it just says he wouldn’t be able to attack. It’s weird, but that makes the most sense to me ruling wise.

Most people who hate on Cyclops only know him from the animated series or movies, rather than the comics. Comics Cyclops is a favorite of mine hence the design.
Old November 7th, 2020, 04:51 AM
Casing the Corners

I'm sure that's exactly why. I'm pretty confident the MCU will do a fantastic job with the character after what they did with Cap. And Peter compared to the other live Sony films.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd MCU Spidey film redeems the Garfield version, if live-Spider-verse is what they're doing.
But now I'm off topic.
Thanks again!
Old November 7th, 2020, 10:11 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 7th, 2020, 10:45 AM
Casing the Corners

Q:Can Jubilee take a turn after Storm if Storm uses Gale Force Winds? Jubilee's card says "after taking a turn" and Gale Force Winds says "instead of taking a turn with Storm".

A:No. The “instead of taking a turn with Storm” inclusion in her Gale Force Winds power means just that, you are substituting that action for her turn. So powers that say “after taking a turn with..” can't be used after Storm uses Gale Force Winds because she didn't take a turn.

Does this mean that Cyclops can't choose Storm and have her use Gale Force Winds?

Also, kind of interesting, I know this figure was tested with Magneto (II) a couple times, but as far as using him with Magneto (I) goes:

MAGNETIC SHIELD

Start the game with a Magnetic Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may place or remove the Magnetic Shield Marker. While the Magnetic Shield Marker is on Magneto's card, when rolling defense dice, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Magneto may not use Magnetic Throw while the Magnetic Shield Marker is on this card.

MAGNETIC THROW

After moving and instead of attacking...

Looks like after rolling initiative you can reveal the X on Magneto to get up to +6 initiative from Cyke, and decide at the start of the round whether to take the Magnetic Shield Marker off and use his Throw on the attack turns for that round, or put it back on for extra defense.

Cool way to have Cyke lead Magneto, who acts as a ruthless second-in-command, throwing two friendlies to flanking positions, or one 7-8 spaces, two with carry. Heck, if I had two who could carry, I could move 4 friendlies.

I'm trying to think what friendly mutants with carry who would be able to use it on the Throw that Magneto wouldn't mind potentially wounding instead of the enemy.

Could I throw Old Lace, who Swift Carries Angel adjacent to him, who Swift Carries Molly Hayes adjacent to him, so I move three figures in one Throw, and only Old Lace would take the possible wound?

Would an unbroken line of friendly unengaged Carriers be able to move together in a single wave? That would be awesome.
Old November 7th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ve always played that Storm can use GFW on a Xavier bonding turn, just cause she’s kind of a lame duck otherwise. No clue if that’s the official ruling though.
Quote:
Most people who hate on Cyclops only know him from the animated series or movies, rather than the comics. Comics Cyclops is a favorite of mine hence the design.
I’ve been way more into modern Scott than the pre-2000s version. The “willing to be the bad guy” angle is a neat way to take all the things people usually complain about with him and turn them into actual character strengths. I’m interested to see where Hickman is taking him now that all the X-Men are kind of “willing to be the bad guys.”
Old November 8th, 2020, 11:48 PM
Casing the Corners

I would hope that is the ruling, but after looking into it, I don't think it is.
I suppose thematically, with there being conflict between Storm and Cyclops over who is the better Leader, if you want to use Storm to her fullest, she requires an OM.
Moving her into the right position still provides the benefits of Blinding Rain, and she also has a Special Attack, so there's still plenty for her to do.

Very curious to hear about this Flock of Carries idea though.
Old November 9th, 2020, 12:00 AM

Placed does = move, so theoretically the chain of Swift Carries could work.

As for Storm's GFW, I think it's technically usable with Cyclops or Professor X. I don't see why it wouldn't be. In your Jubilee example listed, she needs a Mutant to take a turn in order to get the Mutant Sidekick turn. However, I'm not aware of a rule that says you can't use an "instead of taking a turn" power when a figure is granting the turn.

For example, if I need you to take a turn in order for me to take a turn, and you do something instead of taking a turn, then yes I wouldn't be able to then take my turn. But in the case of GFW, Storm is giving up her turn that Cyclops/Professor X is giving her in order to use it, so I don't see why not.
Old November 9th, 2020, 12:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’ve always played that Storm can use GFW on a Xavier bonding turn, just cause she’s kind of a lame duck otherwise. No clue if that’s the official ruling though.
It is as far as I'm concerned. If it weren't, it'd require an Order Marker reveal.

He gives her a turn. At that point that "turn" is a resource. What she chooses to do with that turn (i.e. taking the turn or trading it for something else) is up to her.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library