Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 24th, 2020, 10:29 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Wonder Twins - Public Testing

I did err on slightly stronger forms for Jayna because she's so easy to negate and has no defensive powers to go with her attack and movement powers.
Old August 24th, 2020, 11:24 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Also she transforms into more strange creatures and I want her options to be different from Changeling. I don't think comparing Python to Sea Serpent is accurate either, as one is massively bigger. The only one that seems off to me is +3 vs +2, but it's an Ostrich vs Rabbit.
Old August 24th, 2020, 11:32 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Also she transforms into more strange creatures and I want her options to be different from Changeling. I don't think comparing Python to Sea Serpent is accurate either, as one is massively bigger. The only one that seems off to me is +3 vs +2, but it's an Ostrich vs Rabbit.
Oh my issue is by no means the damage or the dice roll. Merely similar effects happening in different phases with a trade off happening on one and a potential boon happening on the other.
Old August 24th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oof, I played Griffin wrong as I definitely let her attack after using it. So I'd lean towards their cost going down as is.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

Yea that was another change I made after my pre-initial change because I found that quickly became the default and always gave her height.
Old August 24th, 2020, 02:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I didn't think it was the default with that just because you'd rather have the extra movement initially (at times at least) and you'd often rather have the Sea Serpent (especially once you already have height) in order to try to sneak an auto-wound in.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 24th, 2020, 09:18 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Oh my issue is by no means the damage or the dice roll. Merely similar effects happening in different phases with a trade off happening on one and a potential boon happening on the other.
I see what you mean about the tradeoff and them being in different phases. Both myself and Bats liked the option to do that before moving. I could make it an instead of moving power.

• Sea Serpent: instead of moving, choose an adjacent figure and roll the 20-sided die, adding 4 to the roll if the chosen figure is on or within one space a water space. If you roll 14 or higher that figure receives a wound.
Old August 25th, 2020, 06:33 AM

Yeah, I'm down with it as instead of moving. It makes no impact on my tests, because she's low life enough that if she's already engaged, you usually are locked in position when choosing to use Sea Serpent, so you're unlikely to move after using it unless it hits and ends the engagement (and I never hit on it).

Old August 26th, 2020, 03:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

SP updated. Do you think we can test them at 80 points each (160 total) moving forward @IAmBatman ?
Old August 26th, 2020, 05:48 PM

Yeah they felt close before (though I misplayed Griffin). With the changes, 80 each seems worth a shot.

Old August 26th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Tickle Pickle

Cool, I'll roll with that for the next test and see how they perform
Old September 1st, 2020, 01:48 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Wonder Twins

Army Test 1
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (800): Wonder Twins (160), Green Arrow II (210), Black Canary (190), Superboy (Kon-El) II (240)
Team 2 (800): Incredibles

Pre-game thoughts: N/A

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: I think the Incredibles gave it their best shot, they’re just a grade below the JL as a faction currently. Elasti-Girl being able to tie down Superboy helped a ton, but they still were just outmatched. The twins didn’t do a huge amount here, but they did see some action and getting the cheap markers was really nice.

Army Test 2
Map: Modified Grundy’s Grave
Units: Team 1 (840): Wonder Twins (160), Aquaman III (370), Wonder Woman III (310)
Team 2 (840): Grodd II (285), Joker IV (245), Bomb Queen (200), Heat Wave (110)

Pre-game thoughts: Trying something Super Friends-y here.

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: Everything was so perfectly set up for Aquaman. 5 wounds, it’s his turn, and the enemy is clumped up enough that he can hit them all at once. Then...bam, he rolls a 5 on his first roll and gets killed. I laughed pretty hard. (NOTE: I played RTK! as stopping once Aquaman was killed.)

Also a pretty stellar performance for Bomb Queen here, who was punching way above her weight class with solid rolls.

Wonder Twins were definitely lame ducks here, but they’ll always provide some utility just as cheap marker additions.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think they can probably come down a bit. They’re just not really sticking around long enough to do anything valuable.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: They're interesting. Lots of complexity and tricks for a pretty bargain price, but in both my games they died before they really could do anything worthwhile with those tricks.

Zan is definitely the more useless of the two - I really felt the lower defense in both games. Ice Missile is cool though.
Here you go!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library