Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 21st, 2011, 12:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of White Martian - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I definitely see where you're coming from on this Sir G, and that's a good catch! I'm not 100% that the last line there is the best possible wording yet, though ... so let me try to see if I can work slightly different wording here:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on any White Martian you control, you may use the Mass Psychic Assault special power. To use Mass Psychic Assault, choose one figure within 3 spaces of this White Martian and immediately roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. If you use the Mass Psychic Assault special power, this White Martian may not attack for the remainder of the turn.

Does that do the trick?
The point at issue is the differentiation between "you" (the player) using the power and "this White Martian" using the power and not attacking this turn.

What about this, focusing on the figure using the power, and the player just doing the mechanical things:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After you reveal an Order Marker on the Army Card of any White Martian you control, this White Martian may use Mass Psychic Assault 11. Choose one figure within 3 spaces of this White Martian and immediately roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound. If this White Martian uses Mass Psychic Assault 11, it may not attack for the remainder of the turn.
But if you do use the power at all, this White Martian (and all of them, but the power will be on all of their cards) shouldn't attack this turn ... You should under no circumstances be allowed to reveal an Order Marker on White Martian A, roll the D20 for White Martians B-D, then attack with Martian A. If you roll the D20 for any of them, you're giving up your attack for the turn.
With your rewrite, you could still attack with Martian A as long as you didn't roll the D20 for Martian A.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 21st, 2011, 04:26 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

OK, now I see what you're getting at.

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on any White Martian you control, instead of attacking with that White Martian, you may use Mass Psychic Assault 11. Choose one figure within 3 spaces of this White Martian and immediately roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 21st, 2011, 05:09 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on any White Martian you control, instead of attacking with that White Martian, you may use Mass Psychic Assault 11. Choose one figure within 3 spaces of this White Martian and immediately roll the 20-sided die, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
I wonder if we can make it easier on people so that they don't have to catch that this power triggers for each WM they control (Uncommon Heroe's powers can get messy), how about this:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with this White Martian, you may choose one figure within 3 spaces of each White Martian you control. Roll the 20-sided die separately for each chosen figure, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:16 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I like that a lot.
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
I wonder if we can make it easier on people so that they don't have to catch that this power triggers for each WM they control (Uncommon Heroe's powers can get messy), how about this:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with this White Martian, you may choose one figure within 3 spaces of each White Martian you control. Roll the 20-sided die separately for each chosen figure, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
This brings us back to the original problem I had before discussing this with you before posting it, Griff. You can read the bolded line one of two ways. You can read it the way we intended, or you can read it as you're only choosing one figure total and that one figure needs to be within 3 spaces of all of the White Martians you control.
I'm trying to think of a way to clarify that better ...

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with this White Martian, you may choose a figure within 3 spaces of this White Martian, and choose figures within 3 spaces of each other White Martian you control. Roll the 20-sided die separately for each chosen figure, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

I'm not sure that's any better ... hmm. Any ideas on this one?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Just so I get this straight, since it's been a little confusing.

Each White Martian can OR must choose a different target?

Each White Martian can OR must choose the same target?
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Each WM can choose any figure (same or different).

If the card accurately describes the power, all we need is a line in the ruling and clarifications section or a FAQ to answer that one niggling question, but if you want it in the power text. . .

What about:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of attacking with this White Martian, for each White Martian you control you may choose a figure within 3 spaces of that White Martian. You may choose the same or different figures for each White Martian you control. Roll the 20-sided die separately for each chosen figure, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM

I think putting it in the power text is a good idea personally.
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
This brings us back to the original problem I had before discussing this with you before posting it, Griff. You can read the bolded line one of two ways. You can read it the way we intended, or you can read it as you're only choosing one figure total and that one figure needs to be within 3 spaces of all of the White Martians you control.
I'm trying to think of a way to clarify that better ...

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking with this White Martian, you may choose a figure within 3 spaces of this White Martian, and choose figures within 3 spaces of each other White Martian you control. Roll the 20-sided die separately for each chosen figure, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.

I'm not sure that's any better ... hmm. Any ideas on this one?
Not entirely the same though, as the red bold really helps drive home the intention. With that line, it is damn near impossible to interpret that "you choose one for all" instead of "choose one for each".
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Each WM can choose any figure (same or different).

If the card accurately describes the power, all we need is a line in the ruling and clarifications section or a FAQ to answer that one niggling question, but if you want it in the power text. . .

What about:

MASS PSYCHIC ASSAULT 11
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of attacking with this White Martian, for each White Martian you control you may choose a figure within 3 spaces of that White Martian. You may choose the same or different figures for each White Martian you control. Roll the 20-sided die separately for each chosen figure, subtracting 4 from the roll if the chosen figure is a Telepath. If you roll 11 or higher, the chosen figure receives one wound.
I think this does it a bit more clearly, though. Good job, Sir G.
What do you think of this wording, Griff?

Old May 21st, 2011, 04:18 PM

Write-up updated!

Old May 21st, 2011, 06:00 PM

There was a dog that had a name and BINGO was his name.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library