Re: The Book of Sujoah

worst figure ever
Old January 12th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
worst figure ever
I believe that deserves to be on the DW 7000 page.
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:12 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniour View Post
yeah if I were to do that I probably wouldnt have just one squad with a lone spidey in the back, I would go with a couple squads, that way I'm not pissed when the one in the very back dies. But they can't really do much either, and they die quickly, they're as annoying as rats, but they're only annoying when they're on you team.

haha wookiee doesn't know what hes talking about
Haha too bad I do.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:39 PM

Silver_Guy knows what's in an order marker Silver_Guy knows what's in an order marker

This may have been asked before, actually I'm sure it has. It might just be common sense but I want to make sure. I looked for it and couldn't find it either, but that doesn't mean much.

Can Sujoah use the Poison special attack on the castle door?
Old August 25th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Guy View Post
This may have been asked before, actually I'm sure it has. It might just be common sense but I want to make sure. I looked for it and couldn't find it either, but that doesn't mean much.

No, because it mentions "destroy" as one of the effects.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; August 25th, 2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: I think...
Old August 25th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:

Nope, it's because it would add wounds to a "figure", which the castle door is not.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 25th, 2012, 08:06 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:

Nope, it's because it would add wounds to a "figure", which the castle door is not.
From the rulings & clarifications section of 'The Book of Fortress Door'.
Quote:
Which Special Powers and Attacks can target the door or other Destructible Objects?
Per the Fortress instructions: The Door may be attacked by a normal attack, a special attack, or by special powers that only cause wounds. The Door cannot be targeted or attacked by special powers that may “destroy” it in one attack.
So, you're both correct in that Poison doesn't work on the door, but awesomeunleashed has it right in regard to why it doesn't work.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:32 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sujoah
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 16th, 2019, 03:59 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Just played a 500 point match on the map Winter Holdout with the following team:

Sujoah
Fyorlag Spiders (x3)
Mohican River Tribe (x2)
Brave Arrow

My Opponent's Army (my brother)
Knights of Weston (x2)
4th Mass (x2)
Sir Gilbert
Alastair MacDirk

One observation I made in the match was whenever I placed an Order marker onto my Fyorlag Spiders, the decision to move Sujoah was often a difficult one to make. Knowing that Sujoah doesn't not like being thrown into the middle of the battle, I didn't think that moving Sujoah's full 8 move was in my best interest however on the contrary if I didn't move I might miss on an opportunity to lock up Sir Gilbert or Alastair. I felt that Order Markers placed on the spiders were much more of a risk taken than usual when using figures that bond. Overall I did end up losing the game (Sujoah was able to lock up both his heroes and get wounds however couldn't get the poison sting D20 roll to work!!).

I'm curious if others have felt this way when using both Sujoah and some Fyorlags - I haven't ever used Sujoah outside of the spiders and I'm wondering on what other people think.

If one were to ever re-create my army as seen above minus the 3 Fyorlags, what Hero (or squad??) would people consider using with this army and I guess particularly with Sujoah? I plan on revisiting this thread soon as I really like the army.

Initial Thoughts:

Kaemon Awa - Great Mid-game hero with a pretty good range of 7 and special attack that can help clear squad figures or deal damage to a hero, however need to be careful of opponents opportunities to attack him since 4 life isn't incredible

Venoc Warlord - Move buff helps move the River Tribe move quickly, not much utility other than that

Agent Skahen - Cover Fire doesn't benefit the time, however she is a great range threat with Double Attack and Stealth Dodge makes her pretty tough to take down from Range, however she is pretty squishy defensively

Torin - Again, abilities don't really benefit the team however they can still make him a force on the battlefield being able to threaten squad range attacks and rolls 6 against small and medium figures which is nice, however I personally feel these are all qualities that the team already has and doesn't need more of if that makes any sense to anyone

Krug - A ticking time bomb that's very scary to deal with. Can deal with heros that like to be in the middle of the fight however he's a big target and prone to being targeted down quickly (I guess that can also be an upside since he would be taking attacks away from your other units)

Tandros Kreel - Not particularly strong, can help deal with squads and protects friendly units with Combat Challenge. Poor range offensive but is a very bulky hero

Syvarris - Incredible range with double attack, making him very threatening especially with Double Attack, however he's very squishy with 4 life, 2 Defense. His attack stat is also relatively mediocre but usable. Also only 100 points, could draft Marcu or Kynetla (or Isamu &/or Otonashi)

Moriko - Budget friendly (not that it really matters) and has special attack that can help attack squads, however not very reliable answer and isn't particularly bulky especially being a figure that engages other figures.

Raelin SOTM - Nice cheerleader with great aura range but that's about all that she gives to the team, not very bulky and not very strong despite having the ability to attack all adjacent figures
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:00 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

I'll be adding more to the post those were just a couple of things I thought of off the top of my head. I'm also (not sure if I mentioned earlier) plan on trying a couple different things too and I'll be sure to report my results
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I don’t see Sujoah being useful without the Spiders to give him bonding turns. You may as well use Cyprien for a more solid unit and to free up points in general. One idea to use Sujoah is to try using his insect forces second. Let the Native Americans try taking out squad figures until they are about wiped out. Then use the insects to destroy the heroes and any remaining squad figures.

You could also use Sujoah to attack the rear guard of your opponent’s figures. Either their Startzone or the back figures. This forces your opponent to deal with the bug or constantly lose minis. This will either slow your opponent down so that the Mohicans can continue to cause havoc, or make them lose the figures they brought in hopes of winning the battle because of attrition.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:48 PM

This is a good point - in this particular battle I used the spiders and the river tribe at the same time when I could have alternatively spilt my army into phases (1st phase could be the river tribe plus Brave arrow, 2nd Phase being the bugs). I'll be sure to consider that as well next time I play and maybe even before trying to find a better 120 points option than x3 Spiders. I was playing around with the idea of not using spiders for a couple of reasons (I mentioned one maybe two in my first post)

1. I personally felt that Order Markers placed on the Spiders were not as effective since Sujoah can't take on multiple figures at once and being an hero killer wouldn't want to be engaged with any other figure expect for a target hero

2. Spiders don't have the best offensive or defensive stats OR even combat abilities other than Entangling Web which often times can't be capitalized on

3. Piggy-backing on the first point, in some situations I felt that moving Sujoah would actually be a disadvantage for my army and thus really limited the power of any order marker used on the spiders

I wanted to explore options outside of the spiders because Sujoah is a really speedy boi with 8 move and I thought with that in mind 120 points could be spent on a unit (hero or squad) that preferably could help take on squads since I felt they were the most threatening to Sujoah

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units