Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

View Poll Results: What Dalek Armor power do you like best? (See the OP)
Armor Option 1 0 0%
Armor Option 2 1 11.11%
Armor Option 3 0 0%
Armor Option 4 5 55.56%
Two Shield Defense 2 22.22%
Tough 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Doctor Who Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't think I'd include any defense subtraction powers on the Doctors since the last Dalek design I saw had them with just 2 defense die.
I assumed we'd want the Doctor to be a counter to the Daleks.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I don't think I'd include any defense subtraction powers on the Doctors since the last Dalek design I saw had them with just 2 defense die.
And the screwdriver is pretty much already nullifying defensive powers. A defensive power of his own might make more sense there.

Edit: His counter to the Daleks is he nullifies their defensive powers with ease. 2 defense dice is nothing at that point.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:18 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
VENUSIAN AIKIDO
If an adjacent figure attacks the Doctor with a normal attack, you may add an automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If the Doctor does not receive any wounds from this attack, you may place the attacking figure on any empty space adjacent to the Doctor. Figures moved this way do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
I'm liking that direction. Suggested wording tweaks in bold.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
And the screwdriver is pretty much already nullifying defensive powers. A defensive power of his own might make more sense there.
But the Daleks aren't Cyborgs so he can't nullify their powers.

So we don't want the Doctor to boost Soldiers by subtracting defense dice for them. What other semi-sciencey stuff could he do to help out soldiers?
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:19 PM

Ah, nevermind then. Too many moving parts to keep up with well enough.

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I took a look at the Warforged Soldier power and it seems like a good thematic fit based on what your are saying, but man is it a really long text heavy power. In your version where the switch happens after rolling attack dice you are able to cut some of that text so I think you are on the right track. I'd just change the trigger from inflicting a wound to something like rolling a blank or something.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like that defensive direction for the power as well.

*edit* I'm liking this quite a bit actually. That is what I would go with.

VENUSIAN AIKIDO
If an adjacent figure attacks the Doctor with a normal attack, you may add an automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If the Doctor does not receive any wounds, you may place the attacking figure on any space adjacent to the Doctor.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Ah, nevermind then. Too many moving parts to keep up with well enough.
I feel like I've driven a few people away out of sheer confusion. There's a lot of stuff going on and to be frank Doctor Who just doesn't make much sense most of the time.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:27 PM

You just have to:

A. Give people time to catch up
B. Try to focus on one thing at a time so it's clear what you need commentary on
C. Refocus by reposting updates of where things are at after things have been properly hashed out

I don't think anybody's been run off, but when I have 17 threads updated in my User CP and most are one post, I tend to save this one for last, since I know it's going to be a lot more active. Nothing wrong with that, as activity is good, just an observation.

Old September 6th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
You just have to:

A. Give people time to catch up
B. Try to focus on one thing at a time so it's clear what you need commentary on
C. Refocus by reposting updates of where things are at after things have been properly hashed out

I don't think anybody's been run off, but when I have 17 threads updated in my User CP and most are one post, I tend to save this one for last, since I know it's going to be a lot more active. Nothing wrong with that, as activity is good, just an observation.
That's all very good advice. I try to focus on one thing, but I'm very easily side-tracked.

I was trying to use the OP as a general update hub for a little while. Maybe I need to get back to that so anybody can hop into the latest page and know the basics.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
I assumed we'd want the Doctor to be a counter to the Daleks.

As it currently stands any attack roll of 3 or more skulls automatically kills a Dalek that isn't getting a defense boost somehow. An attack roll of 2 skulls can also get the job done if they roll a blank on either one of their two def. dice. Then auto-wound powers that bypass a def. roll are their big counter. So that is where I see the Doctors come into play, instead of physically trying to over power the Dalek's 2 shield defense they just bypass the armor all together. Whether that is via the screw driver or another power I don't really know, but a defense reduction power makes the Dalek armor seem pretty crummy if any 2 skull attack roll can take them down. IDK maybe they should just have 3 base defense, then the defense reduction power makes a little more sense to me.

Just a curiosity question, were the Dalek's introduced in the first Doctor's run or were they a foe created later? Did they pop up in at least one episode for each of the different Doctors or did they only face off vs. some of the Doctors?
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yeah, I wouldn't try to design the whole universe all at once. Charting out some general guidelines of how you see things working/interacting isn't a bad idea but don't try to nail down all the specifics for everything all at once. Maybe work out in broad strokes 2-3 Doctors, 1-2 allies, & 1-2 foes just to you can seen how they all might interact. Then start with something you really dig the most, and that has a mini option on hand, and just make that card fun. The rest will fall into place over time. Some other people might want to LD some of these characters as well. I often find that after I've played a bunch of games with a character, I get a better understanding of what they need in their faction, and that game play experience can shape the direction of future cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy