Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Re: How to Improve the BOOKS - your ideas needed

Wow, 5 pages before this thread went off-topic: any wonder why the books are full of junk? How about negative Revrep for anyone who posts off topic in a book? That might be a big improvement.
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junge Roman View Post
Wow, 5 pages before this thread went off-topic: any wonder why the books are full of junk? How about negative Revrep for anyone who posts off topic in a book? That might be a big improvement.
Feel free, yourself, to negative rep such folks. I was discouraged, but have stated that I'll only give negative reputation to those who might attack or damage the system, and while such off-topic garbage is unpleasant to me, it does not, in my opinion, meet that level of threat to the site.

Lest I be misunderstood, though; I think off-topic posts suck and off-topic posters, generally, do too, unless they can be very clever and entertaining, humorous or enlightening. These here didn't and aren't. Most of the ones in the BOOKS weren't, either.

I will give Junge Roman a <RR>, though.
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
I've been thinking, could you add a list of characters with similar/same abilities and their point cost? What I mean is, if you were at The Book of Agent Carr, it would give you a list of all characters with Ghost Walk/Disengage or Phantom Walk and their cost. The reason for this would be, if you need a good assasin like Carr, only he's too expensive, and you're looking for cheaper characters that you could use for the same purpose, such as Shiori. Sorry for the not-the-best example, but you know what I mean. But is this a good idea?
I want to echo that, and the way to do it is to cheese of GaryLASQ, who has already done the work for us. Which is why Gary rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Thank you all for the continued flow of suggestions and preferences. The great struggle with the BOOKS is to keep them both succinct and comprehensive at the same time. That means, I think, it is as important what we don't put on the first post as what we do.
Judicious use of those spoiler tags, m'man. I think that's really the perfect way to solve this dilemma: the post can be chock full of all sorts of info, satisfying everybody and his brother, but only the most vital stuff is actually visible unless specifically requested.

The only idea I can think to add is to request some coordination between you two and Firemaster, to strive for as much consistency as is reasonable with the Books of Marvelscape.

I think all the ideas posted thus far are pretty great. Except the ones that imply that you (Rev and Ry) should be doing a lot of work. IMHO, you two should be the editors--that's an awful lot of work right there! If we want the complete list of cross-referenced Heroscape figure sock color included in each Book, well, fine, but we have to send that you info, so that all you do is format it, organize it, and insert it.

And, BTW, the job of editor involves a huge amount of subjective judgement, and I don't envy you (two) the position. Deciding what to keep and what to cut is a tough job. I'm very glad we have two netizens of such high caliber as yourselves to take on this task. In fact, I must give you both rep now, just because I haven't in a while.

Keep up the good work.
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
The Book of the Ashigaru Harquebus
(Small Expansion - Fields of Valor: Spearmen and Riflemen)
And yet further, add the Wave number to the expansion name: many discussions still use that designation rather than the actual name of the wave, and starting with Wave 5 or so, it's become increasingly harder to remember which is which.

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:04 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

You should also sort the books by power ranking.
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Isn't alphabetical slightly more convinient?

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM

shotgunshawn Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshawn View Post
Overall I think the books are as perfect as they can be. The only one I would change is Tor-Kul-Na's, I think we need a definitive answer from WOTC or Hasbro about Trample Stomp. Does a successful stomp count as a move or not????
In all seriousness it does. It's easy to see that a potential endless move was not what the developers intended
I agree whole heartedly. But then there's the way they worded the card.
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:47 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

They should also have it by power ranking as well like they have it by general, pt value, and pack/wave. It could be more convenient if you are looking for power figures and want to look at them.
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Since the power rankings are fluid and not fixed, sorting by them would become a real chore, having to redo it every time the rankings are adjusted. I think I'll not be adding this particular feature.
Old February 7th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

For RotV Raelin and RotV Sgt. Drake, their book titles should be changed to add "(RotV)" at the end, like the SotM versions do.

The books should contain what set and wave they are in.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You know what would be really great? Remember those 2nd edition AD&D Monster Manuals? They were all loose leaved, had a monster per page, and you could insert them into three ring binders. I always loved that. How about generating a series of PDFs that emulate that? The Book of HeroScape? You can print it, take it with you to tournaments. How about it?

Add to that a consolidated ruleset and BOV pages and you have the end all be all of HeroScape.

Hmm, I might just have to start doing this myself... Stay tuned for updates....

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Please, RobertDD, do do this. We'd all love to d/l your work...seriously! As soon as the Dallas team tourney is over, the end of this month, I'll be working on cleaning up and improving the first pages of each of the BOOKS threads.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units