Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old February 10th, 2023, 07:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Darkseid

Darkseid

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = DARKSEID
IDENTITY = UXAS

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = NEW GOD
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = ABSOLUTIST

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 7

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 520

COMMAND AND CONQUER
Instead of Darkseid's ordered activation, you may activate 1 allied Unique Hero or up to 2 allied Parademon Squads. If the activated units do not defeat a figure, you may inflict 1 wound on a figure you activated. If they receive that wound, activate Darkseid, after which your turn ends.

DARKSEID IS
If Darkseid would be defeated in any way except by this ability, instead he takes no wounds. Roll a d20. On a:
• 10 or lower, Darkseid receives a wound.
• 11-18, Darkseid inflicts 1 wound on another figure.
• 19+, Darkseid heals 1 wound.

OMEGA EFFECT X
During cleanup, you may reveal Order Marker X on this card to roll 4 combat dice. Choose 1 figure or empty space within 4 spaces of Darkseid for each skull rolled. Inflict a wound on a chosen figure, or place a previously removed Injustice Marker on their card, or place an allied Common Parademon onto a chosen space.

FACTION: APOKOLIPS
PUBLISHER: DC
KEYWORDS:
SYMBOLS: FLYING, MENTAL SHIELD, SUPER STRENGTH
WORLDS COLLIDE: The tyrannical ruler of Apokolips, Darseid is a sadistic, aggressive and merciless tyrant who has invaded and conquered countless worlds throughout the universe.

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Justice League Unlimited #057 / Darkseid
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Arkham
  • Card art: Arkham
  • Comic creators: Jack Kirby
Updates
  • N/A

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; November 9th, 2023 at 12:31 PM. Reason: wording
Old February 10th, 2023, 07:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Darkseid

This one just needs text work I believe

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 11th, 2023, 01:08 AM
A Man of Taste

Re: Darkseid - Design

An opponent may never take control of Darkseid, and If Darkseid would be defeated in any way except by this special power, instead he takes no damage and you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll:
• 10 or lower, Darkseid receives a wound;
• 11-18, inflict a wound on a figure; or
• 19-20, remove a wound from this card.

Red part just become the Mental Shield symbol correct?

Fixed the things I knew but know it's not close otherwise.

Old February 11th, 2023, 01:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Big thing is all turns are activations, just go with allied over you control, ability over special power, and clean up over end of the round.

Mental Shield call is correct.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 11th, 2023, 01:39 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Big thing is all turns are activations, just go with allied over you control, ability over special power, and clean up over end of the round.

Mental Shield call is correct.
Clean up was the one I was unsure of.

Old February 11th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think there are certain points where we’ll want to keep the “can’t control” text in the ability text cause we don’t want that figure immune to psychic attacks. But I think it’s fine if Darkseid is.
Old February 11th, 2023, 01:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It seems weird to me that the last line isn't included in the previous sentence.

OMEGA EFFECT X
At cleanup, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to roll 4 combat dice. Choose up to X figures or empty spaces within 4 spaces of Darkseid. X equals the number of skulls rolled. Inflict a wound onto a chosen figure, place a previously removed Injustice Marker onto their card, or place a Common Parademon in your army onto a chosen space.
Old February 11th, 2023, 01:29 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Should be "on your team" rather than "in your army" either way.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 17th, 2023, 12:39 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
It seems weird to me that the last line isn't included in the previous sentence.

OMEGA EFFECT X
At cleanup, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to roll 4 combat dice. Choose up to X figures or empty spaces within 4 spaces of Darkseid. X equals the number of skulls rolled. Inflict a wound onto a chosen figure, place a previously removed Injustice Marker onto their card, or place a Common Parademon in your army onto a chosen space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Should be "on your team" rather than "in your army" either way.
got both of those.

@Ronin do you have any suggestions here?

Old February 17th, 2023, 10:46 AM

Command and Conquer's "one" could be a "1"

I might say "During" clean up for the last ability.

I might rewrite Darkseid Is a tad to make it read more parallel, like so:

DARKSEID IS
If Darkseid would be defeated in any way except by this ability, instead he takes no damage and you must roll a d20. On a:
• 10 or lower, Darkseid receives 1 wound;
• 11-18, Darkseid inflicts 1 wound on another figure; or

Old February 17th, 2023, 11:18 AM
A Man of Taste

Got all of those. Good calls.

Old February 18th, 2023, 10:39 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
COMMAND AND CONQUER
Instead of Darkseid's ordered activation, you may activate 1 allied Unique Hero or up to 2 allied Parademon Squads. If the activated units do not defeat a figure, you may inflict 1 wound on a figure you activated. If they receive that wound, activate Darkseid, after which your turn ends.
Slightly reworded the start for concision. Made the second sentence more explicit though, feels awkward to activate two squads and have "1 of them" receive a wound. Some sleight of hand going on with the pronouns there.

Quote:
DARKSEID IS
If Darkseid would be defeated in any way except by this ability, instead he takes no damage. Roll a d20. On a:
• 10 or lower, Darkseid receives a wound.
• 11-18, Darkseid inflicts 1 wound on another figure.
I got rid of the "must" and went to just "roll a d20". Trying to keep with the "abilities are always must" by default thing, I'd generally reserve actually saying "must" for cases where behavior you'd normally get a choice about is being dictated. Like a "you must attack Greg Jones this turn" type thing. Usually procedural stuff in an ability ("Roll a d20. Walk down the street. Buy a gallon of milk.") is pretty easy to just say without "must".

I also dropped the "; ors" from the list, hoping to get away from that.

Quote:
OMEGA EFFECT X
During cleanup, you may reveal Order Marker X on this card to roll 4 combat dice. Choose up to X figures or empty spaces within 4 spaces of Darkseid. X equals the number of skulls rolled. Inflict a wound on a chosen figure, or place a previously removed Injustice Marker on their card, or place a Common Parademon on your team onto a chosen space.
Some mild clean-up, main thing was changing the OMX reference.

I don't think the "X equals" construction is super necessary in this case, could just be:

Quote:
During cleanup, you may reveal Order Marker X on this card to roll 4 combat dice. Choose 1 figure or empty space within 4 spaces of Darkseid for each skull rolled. Inflict a wound on a chosen figure, or place a previously removed Injustice Marker on their card, or place a Common Parademon on your team onto a chosen space.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database