Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 21st, 2019, 05:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Spellbook of Petrify - Vote for Initial Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
My counterpoint to that is still that being a Unique Hero is the mechanic equivalent to the thematic concept of plot armor. In the game, we have best-in-their-field agents, ninjas, assassins, and soldiers all at 1 life because in a story they’d be weak cannon fodder. I don’t think it makes logical sense that JJJ is like 3x more durable than a master assassin Hand Ninja, but it makes sense from a thematic perspective. He’s a named important character, so he survives longer.

In a story, if a random unnamed character gets frozen, they may not live to get unfrozen. They could be frozen in an awkward position, fall over, and get shattered. The enemy may just take a random potshot at them for the hell of it. Basically, being a Common or Squad figure means you’re not a main character and therefore have really bad luck. That’s the theme justification.

Do I think it’s the perfect thematic mechanic? No. But if we can’t do markers on/under bases I think it’s the best we have. It’s consistent with how similar things have been done in the past, and it makes the most thematic sense in my mind.

The other way around (if one squad member gets tagged, they’re all frozen) seems way more gamey, and it feels harder to justify thematically in my mind. You can say they all get tagged because of the communication systems they’re wearing, but that means that;
1. The player has to understand how magic works in the Gargoyles universe to fully understand the spell works.
2. You have to buy that all members of every squad have communication devices or something similar. I’m sure SHIELD or HYDRA Agents do, but what about Demons or Ninjas? Do they have walkie talkies on them?
3. When you accept point 2, you then have to explain why Unique Heroes who might have communication devices aren’t affected. If one SHIELD Agent getting tagged means they all get tagged because of their communication system, then why aren’t Fury and Dum Dum Dugan frozen as well? Surely they’re on the same comms system. You can justify it by saying they somehow avoid hearing the spell, but at that point you’re awarding the UH almost as much plot armor and thematic leniency as you are if you just kill the squad figures.

Agreed 100%. I was going to write up a very similar post but just didn't feel like typing it all out. Thanks for making the points for me Nobody.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:06 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Agreed 100%. I was going to write up a very similar post but just didn't feel like typing it all out. Thanks for making the points for me Nobody.
I propose MrN posts all of our points every time we don't feel like writing.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Well Odysseus was a great orator.

~Lazy Orang, who will never stop pushing that nickname.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:11 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

Well, it's been years since I've read the Odyssey so I don't get it.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s talking more than everybody else.

I’m honestly still for markers on/under bases if we can pull it off. The fact they probably aren’t moving makes it more viable here than anywhere else. But doesn’t seem like everybody is jumping on it.

I like my special nickname.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I propose MrN posts all of our points every time we don't feel like writing.

yea
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:24 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Hmmm. Maybe just a single marker or glyph or somesuch placed on a space and all figures on or within X spaces are affected. Seems slightly more thematic for it to be area based than individual figure based by what you describe. Granted it loses some utility that way, but it could have a fairly large area of effect.

Like Scarecrows gas glyph?
Something like that is exactly what I was thinking. Still gives the desired effect but without any of the clumsiness of markers on bases or affecting an entire squad.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Some theme wonkiness there too though with figures moving in or out (via Magneto/Jean Grey) of the glyph aura suddenly getting turned to stone or reversing the effect.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:33 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Just copy wording from powers like Stuck. Ala "cannot move or be moved by any special power on any Army Card or glyph." Solves both issues pretty effectively I think.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Except for figures moving into the range, though perhaps you could say the glyph activates immediately only, so new figures would not be affected but you still have the problem of tracking that.

I am for the glarker!
Old August 21st, 2019, 06:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What if the spell just put a Glarker underneath everybody within 3 spaces, and those Glarkers did the heavy lifting of freezing people and making them immovable?
Old August 21st, 2019, 06:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

Well, it's been years since I've read the Odyssey so I don't get it.
When Odysseus was captured by Polyphemus, he was asked his name - he replied 'Nobody'. Then, when he poked the cyclops's eye out and escaped, and Polyphemus began thrashing about and screaming, the other cyclopes asked Polyphemus who did this to him - of course, he then said 'Nobody did this to me!'
...and then Odysseus had to balls it up by boasting using his real name, which caused Polyphemus to invoke his father/grandfather Poseidon (I forget the relation), who then was responsible for misfortune after misfortune resulting in Odysseus's ten year voyage of the damned. Way to go!

You'll have to forgive me - massive mythology nerd, grew up on the stuff, knew the myth well before I ever actually read the Odyssey itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What if the spell just put a Glarker underneath everybody within 3 spaces, and those Glarkers did the heavy lifting of freezing people and making them immovable?

Sounds good to me (though I still want to keep the 50/50 chance of Petrification, mainly for balance reasons).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library