Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 17th, 2020, 05:20 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: The passing of Jim McMcMahon

First Rev, now Jim, 2020 is a hard loss for Heroscape. At Gencon he was always friendly and down-to-earth. RIP @Jim . See his Scaper of the week.
Quote:
What makes you so generous?!?
I believe that when you give something away, it creates a space for something else to come into. Plus, I like to help out if it is within my means. And who knows, with any luck someone might "do unto me as I have done unto others."

When did you get into Heroscape and why?
My wife Celina and two other friends were all co-owners of a comic book shop after taking it over from the previous owner. Celina was running weekly game demos and I would help her with that. One week, she had scheduled a demo of some game called HeroScape, and it would be demoed by one of the designers, since they lived nearby. I came in and Craig Van Ness was setting up a couple of maps. This was about a week before Christmas, and Wave 1 had just been released. Craig taught us how to play and passed out a complimentary booster to each person playing. After the first round of games were finished, I was standing by the map I had played on (and won) against one of the comic store's other regular customers. Craig had us start another game and then said he'd make it more interesting and the winner would get the Master Set we were using to play. I don't remember the specifics, but at the end it came down to my DW9000 against one other guy, and in soon to be typical DW9K fashion, no shields came up against one skull. I did receive the remainder of the wave 1 boosters as consolation prize though. I bought a Master Set from the store the next day and we had a giant HeroScape map set up on the floor running around the Christmas Tree that weekend. It hasn't stopped since.
What message do you have for the community?
Have fun. Every moment you have is a choice. Be sure to choose well. You can choose to be miserable, or you can choose not to. Suffering is optional.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News