Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 27th, 2010, 02:05 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
cmgames Map Thread

I thought I would go ahead and jump on the 'collect all your maps in one thread' bandwagon.

~Z

The Best Of:

Banteay

Requires: 1 BftU + 1 TJ

Disobedience

Can be played as KtA or CtF
Requires: 1 BftU + 1 VW

Riven II

This is still one of my favorite maps. Modified from the original to fix some major problems.
Requires: 2x BftU +glyphs

High Water Mark

I designed this to give the Microcorp Agents a little love.
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 TJ, + 1 additional hex

Le Dormir du Val

This was my first 'designed' map. It became the root of the 8-player 'The Flooded Plains' map.
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

Pinwheel Island

I mostly play HS in a group of three. This is my first 'designed' three-player map.
Requires (as depicted): 2 RotV, 1 VW, 1 TJ, 5 additional 7-hex sand, 115 additional water tiles or 2 lexan water mats
Requires (with substitutions): 1 RotV, 1 VW, 1 TJ, 144 additional water tiles or 2 lexan water mats

Flogging for Two

This is a modification of Piherculis's three-player 'Fulcrum Flogging' map. Modded to be a two-player map.
Requires: 1 RotV, 2 RttFF, 4 single tiles

Raw & Untried:

Spoiler Alert!

Slightly Playtested - OK so far:
Spoiler Alert!

From the 1 x BftU Challenges:
Spoiler Alert!

Other not-so-good maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps for KublaCon (8-player):
Spoiler Alert!

Half-Maps & MOPs:
Spoiler Alert!

Amusements &c.:
Spoiler Alert!

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; February 21st, 2018 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Added new map
Old December 27th, 2010, 02:45 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: cmgames Map Thread

Your maps look very interesting, but it would be nice it the images opened up into something larger so a person could get a better look at them.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old December 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Your maps look very interesting, but it would be nice it the images opened up into something larger so a person could get a better look at them.
Give me a moment. I'm still working on getting them all up. I'll be tweaking and fiddling the layout all week probably.

~Z

My map thread
Old December 27th, 2010, 04:20 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Give me a moment. I'm still working on getting them all up. I'll be tweaking and fiddling the layout all week probably.

~Z
Sorry, I wasn't trying to rush you or anything on your thread. I am constantly fiddling with my own map thread. Come to think of it, how do you add the "Spoiler Alert" tag and button?

My Maps
Old December 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

~Z
Sorry, I wasn't trying to rush you or anything on your thread. I am constantly fiddling with my own map thread. Come to think of it, how do you add the "Spoiler Alert" tag and button?
Enclose what you want hidden inside a spoiler tag:
(open square bracket)spoiler(close square bracket)
Stuff you want hidden.
(open square bracket)/spoiler(close square bracket)

~Z

My map thread
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

How many road sets does Flogging for Two require? I own two, but I can't tell if it's two or three...
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
How many road sets does Flogging for Two require? I own two, but I can't tell if it's two or three...
Two. It is in the build instructions, but maybe I'll put the reqs on the OP too.

~Z

My map thread
Old December 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Yay, cmgames has a map thread. About time!

I cannot wait to play on Riven. Great way to squeeze everything possible out of a mere 2 BftU's! Innovative design, with the long central shadow rift. And I love the use of the sand for starting zones and only for starting zones, so they're visually distinct. (My Yea Though I Walk uses the same trick.)

It's clear that ranged parked on the heights will enjoy huge firing arcs. But if so, you can stick to the shadowy defenses of the central rift, and sneak up on them from behind! Looks like great fun.
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:38 PM

I like the simplicity of Riven. Are the shadow tiles down the middle playable or are they considered negative space? If they are not playable, can figs still fly over them?

My Maps
Old December 28th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I like the simplicity of Riven. Are the shadow tiles down the middle playable or are they considered negative space? If they are not playable, can figs still fly over them?
Well, they are terrain tiles, so there should be no reason that they would not be "playable". It's a deeply shadowed crack riven through the surrounding crags. Because it is only one tile wide, the first player to get a fig down that alley can hold the ground pretty well. Get your fig just past the middle and you then have access to the treasure glyphs from below (for your other figs) while the guard is partly hidden by a corner of the canyon.

One drawback is that double-space figs cannot get the treasure glyphs. This has led to some fancy footwork where one hero goes and grabs the glyph and brings it out to where a double-spacer can get to it, then drops it for the big hero to pick up later. Very OM wasteful.

~Z

My map thread
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I'm glad you decided to use Riven at your upcoming KublaCon event, cmg. I'm sure it'll get great feedback.
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Added new maps: Crack Creek Gate and Planeswalker Mosaic.

~Z

My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios