Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 18th, 2008, 01:15 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Wild Chardris speculation thread

What kind of crazy power would make Chardris the coolest? I'm sure this will quickly be outdated, since we may get the card any day now. But I thought it might be fun to engage in some rampant speculation.

Here are a couple of ideas.

Staff of Augury
Chardris begins play with three Foresight markers on his card. Before moving, Chardris may roll the 20-sided die. This roll must be used as the player's next 20-sided die roll. If this roll is 11 or higher, remove a Foresight marker from Chardris' card. Chardris may use this ability even if no Foresight markers remain on his card, but in that case any roll above 10 is counted as 10.

Staff of Command
Instead of taking a turn with Chardris, you may instead take a turn with any squad of elves you control. Any figure activated with this power must be within 6 clear sight spaces of Chardris at the beginning of its turn.

Also, lol to everthing Fezzik said.
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:28 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wild Chardris speculation thread

Whats the point of the first one? I don't understand it. I like someone's Staff of something-or-other (forgot the name)
Exactly like Mimring's Fire Line, but 7 range and 5 attack. No LoS is required, roll defense seperaetly, but one attack roll.
Old May 18th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Well, House Mouse's little blurb about him says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.HouseMouseGames.com
Chardris’ Fire Strike may increase his attack moves...
...which, despite the overt Engrish-ness, probably means either it may make his attack STRONGER, or may allow him to attack MULTIPLE TIMES. It's a Special Attack, of course, and it most likely either a Rapid Fire, Explosion, or attack that gets stronger for whatever reason. Maybe he gets a bonus against other Elves? That would been interesting, and thematic, assuming he's an Utgar figure.

His stats will, most likely, be basic - 5 Life, 5/6 Move, 1 Range, 3/4 Attack, 3/4 Defense. Generic Elf. Most likely an Elf, Unique Hero, Archmage (or Wizard, or maybe even Darklord), and as for personality, it could go pretty much anywhere.

In addition to his special attack, he'll probably have another power. Disengage? Melee Defense? Maybe he'll have synergy with the wolves, and give adjacent ones an extra defense or something.

Just some food for thought.
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Whats the point of the first one? I don't understand it. I like someone's Staff of something-or-other (forgot the name)
Exactly like Mimring's Fire Line, but 7 range and 5 attack. No LoS is required, roll defense seperaetly, but one attack roll.
I believe the idea behind the first one is you could find out how successful a figures 20 sided die power will be before you ever use it. If you knew ahead of time what the next figure you use that has a 20 sided die activated power will do, you could choose to use a figure where you get the maximum effect out of a high number and minimize the weakness of a low roll.
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM

jaques has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Let's say my army has Ulginesh, Morsbane, Chardris, Jorhdawn, and 2x Aubrien Archers. I put order marker 1 on Ulginesh, marker 2 on Ulginesh, markers 3 and X on Aubrien Archers.

Assuming Chardris is a wizard, I use Ulginesh to activate Chardris. If I roll a 16 on my Staff of Augury, I now know that I can definitely negate someone's unique figure if I use Ulgy's second activation to activate Morsbane. Or I can hold that 16 until the Aubriens go, knowing I'll be able to count on a Frenzy. Or I can hold the 16 for next round's initiative. My opponent now faces the psychological threat of knowing he can count on either a negation or a Frenzy coming his way.

Or maybe there's a figure within Morsbane's range that I'd love to destroy, but don't care much about negating. If I activate Chardris first, I know whether I've got a 20 in my pocket or not. I can then choose to activate Jorhdawn as my second Mind Link wizard if the roll isn't a 20.

Also, lol to everthing Fezzik said.
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, I get it now! Thats actually a really cool power. Does it work for initiative too?
Old May 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Well, House Mouse's little blurb about him says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.HouseMouseGames.com
Chardris’ Fire Strike may increase his attack moves...
...which, despite the overt Engrish-ness, probably means either it may make his attack STRONGER, or may allow him to attack MULTIPLE TIMES. It's a Special Attack, of course, and it most likely either a Rapid Fire, Explosion, or attack that gets stronger for whatever reason. Maybe he gets a bonus against other Elves? That would been interesting, and thematic, assuming he's an Utgar figure.

His stats will, most likely, be basic - 5 Life, 5/6 Move, 1 Range, 3/4 Attack, 3/4 Defense. Generic Elf. Most likely an Elf, Unique Hero, Archmage (or Wizard, or maybe even Darklord), and as for personality, it could go pretty much anywhere.

In addition to his special attack, he'll probably have another power. Disengage? Melee Defense? Maybe he'll have synergy with the wolves, and give adjacent ones an extra defense or something.

Just some food for thought.
I agree with Johnny here, though the Staff of Foresight power looks pretty cool too.

My money is on him being a Darklord, and I think his Special Attack will be something like this:

FIRE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7 Attack 2
After attacking with Fire Strike Special Attack, Chardris may attack one additional time for every Elf Wizard adjacent to him.
Old May 18th, 2008, 06:52 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

I also expect Chadris to have some stab in the back ability - similar to Sir Hawthorne's.
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:10 PM

Rifier_Ace is surprisingly tart

Firemaster wrote:

My money is on him being a Darklord, and I think his Special Attack will be something like this:

FIRE STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 7 Attack 2
After attacking with Fire Strike Special Attack, Chardris may attack one additional time for every Elf Wizard adjacent to him.

Rifier_Ace wrote:
If this is how he turned out I think he would be perfect. He gives the WoB a big boost while helping out the Elf Wizards tremendously. It's would be like killing two birds with one stone.
EDIT: Sorry for messing up the quote. It was accidental. I am still kind of learning how to do things around here.

Last edited by Rifier_Ace; May 18th, 2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

I expect him to be for Utgar (based on his color scheme)

Either Wizard, Archmage, or Darklord

and I think his special attack will be similar to either Deathwalker 8000's or Brunak's

If Chardris (inflicts a wound, kills a figure) with his Fire Strike Special Attack, he may attack again using his Fire Strike Special Attack.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:14 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

Huh, how did I not think of that before? Is Chardris confirmed to be the first non-Ullar elf, or is it just a good speculation? It would explain why he's not packaged with the four Ullar wizards. There can be evil elves; not all humans are on the same side, after all. In fact, that would be pretty cool to have an Utgar elf. And, if he's a darklord, that would of course add synergy to the Wolves of Badru, who do come from the same planet... Yes, yes, I like this very much! I hope it is truth. But only truth will be able to confirm it when he deems the time right.
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

If fighting for Ullar:

Fire Strike Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 3
If Chardris destroys a figure with Fire Strike Special Attack, he may attack again with Fire Strike Special Attack. Increase the range of Fire Strike Special Attack by one for each Wizard within two clearsight spaces of Chardris.

If fighting for Utgar:

Fire Strike Special Attack
Range 6 Attack 3
If Chardris destroys a figure with Fire Strike Special Attack, he may attack again with Fire Strike Special Attack. All elves roll two less defense dice against Fire Strike Special Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units