Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper speaking about the 100 View Post
I don't know anything about the book but the character of Clarke is one of the most compelling female leads I've ever seen on tv. Strong and feminine without a hint of ingenue or mock masculinity. I have little interest in dystopian fiction in general but I love this show.
After a hiatus, we are back on Netflix, and I've been getting my list of shows populated. Thanks to your endorsement I watched the first episode just now. That was a good start. It has been a while since I read the book, but I think the first episode ends at about the same place the first book in the series ends. If the book was put together like this, I probably would have continued with the series. I'm guessing the stuff in the first book not included in the show so far will come in as flashbacks and in dialogue. It was a smart choice skipping that.
Old July 14th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My daughter read the books, or some of them at least, and she claims that the plots are significantly different from each other. Many but not all major characters appear in both, she said, and they do different things. It bothered her so she quit the show, but you may find that you appreciate the show telling a slightly different story.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I re-watched seasons 1 and 2 of iZombie with my daughters and just got done watching season 3. Great series!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 21st, 2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Did you see the D&D episode?

I enjoyed that one.
Old July 21st, 2017, 08:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, seen them all. Love Netflix

The DnD one was great, and my daughters rolled their eyes at me many times as I was making some comments during that episode

Old July 21st, 2017, 10:51 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Did you see the Community(? the one with Chevy Chase) D&D episode?
That was excellent also.

I believe they did a GI Joe episode as well that was animated.
Old July 21st, 2017, 11:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

No, I haven't heard of the Community.

Old July 21st, 2017, 02:15 PM

I never got into Community except for those couple specific episodes.

Here is one episode and it looks like they did a sequel.

GI Joe episode
Old July 27th, 2017, 08:38 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Watched Season 1 of Into the Badlands recently, really surprised me actually. I was a bit worried that it would be to gory for me, but it's actually not that bad. I'm a sucker for wuxia style fight scenes and this show did not disappoint. It does unfortunately fall into the trap of having drama at the cost of not making any sense at times, but thankfully that happens rarely. I like most of the characters and hate the others, but I'm fairly sure it's a design choice.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old July 27th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Watched Season 1 of Into the Badlands recently, really surprised me actually. I was a bit worried that it would be to gory for me, but it's actually not that bad. I'm a sucker for wuxia style fight scenes and this show did not disappoint. It does unfortunately fall into the trap of having drama at the cost of not making any sense at times, but thankfully that happens rarely. I like most of the characters and hate the others, but I'm fairly sure it's a design choice.
My daughters and I watched both seasons and loved them. Can't wait for season 3.

Old July 28th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh yes, that show is excellent. I haven't watched Season 2 yet, but Season 1 was a treasure.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 28th, 2017, 10:52 AM

American Gods

I really like the premise and the acting. Emily Browning is amazing. Check her out in Sucker Punch if you have not seen it.
Seriously, see Sucker Punch! It has a very Heroscape-y feel to the action scenes.

Back to AG. Not super happy with editing and the way some of the plots were presented.
The ending did not have much closure so I hope they make another season.

The plot point around the coin reminded of an episode of Friday the 13th The Series.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV