Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredd Stev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Do we know anything else yet? Does anyone know if anything was previewed at GenCon?

A new general would be awesome, and I definately think it needs to be evil. 5 on 1 just doesn't cut it.
But have you seen the size of that red deck?

Hogg -- Sig stealingly
Was that a reference to my old sig? I recently changed it...
I couldn't remember who it was, but it was a reference to a sig I had seen a hundred times. It got stuck in my head and chose now to come out.
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yea that was mine, along with a little love DW7000.

"Ordinarily I'd say 5 on 1 is totally unfair... but have you SEEN the size of that red deck?"

Ha, for some reason I'm very pleased that somebody liked that.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:36 PM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
I guess we can use our new DnDScape figs with this game; lol, neat.

I'm just wondering if there may be a time where you can develop your own character rather than the stock ones the game supplies...although I suppose if that were the case, people would just as well play full on DnD.

I'll have to flip through the rules. It sounds almost 'too' simple...but then again, if we know anything about good games, they don't have to be complex.

It'l be nice though if they at some point allow connected campaigns. This could be the start of something totally cool!
Customization is going to be rampant with this game..... I wonder if they have a fan site yet.... Just having read the rulebook, I can already make DnD versions of my DnD Heroscape figures... Call it backward designing.
Quote:
In fact, I may just design some crossover stuff so that when Wave D3 is released you can use the heroes from that wave in Castle Ravenloft.
Hmmm .. I wonder if there are going to be mini's from D3 that are already included in the new Castle Ravenloft board game. We already see at least one familiar mini in that board game...

Edit
List of guessed Minis couresy of pseudotheist
Spoiler Alert!

Images of guesses from BGG courtesy of D6 Frog
Spoiler Alert!

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Good trades: SirGalahad

Last edited by ranoobu; August 13th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old August 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoobu View Post

Hmmm .. I wonder if there are going to be mini's from D3 that are already included in the new Castle Ravenloft board game. We already see at least one familiar mini in that board game...

Edit
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Those are no longer guesses for the most part. Castle Ravenloft was at Gencon and the figures were there. Some of those figs have hero potential, but I don't see a whole lot of them making into D3. Dracolich would need a large expansion, skeletons were said to be a no go; Deathjump spider would seem redundant with our Fyorlag spiders because its around the same size: if we get D&D spiders it will probably be a Large sized one.

Wight, if paired with some other Wight figures of similar enough sculpts could be a squad. Wraiths would be hard to make a squad of, but maybe a common hero for the new evil guy? Vampire Dire Wolf would look good in Scape, but I'm not sure if they'd follow up on the Wolf-thing so soon after the Werewolf Lord.
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

Those are no longer guesses for the most part.
Yea.. I wouldn't know. I can't name a painted mini let alone a non-painted one.

Thanks for the insight, though Robotech Master.

Aeston's Before Heroscape - An interesting read for any Heroscape fan. I loved the final conclusion to the post as well lol

Old August 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Deathjump might come out as a Common Hero. It would be a nice addition to the Drow/Arachnid faction.
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:03 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
I guess we can use our new DnDScape figs with this game; lol, neat.

I'm just wondering if there may be a time where you can develop your own character rather than the stock ones the game supplies...although I suppose if that were the case, people would just as well play full on DnD.

I'll have to flip through the rules. It sounds almost 'too' simple...but then again, if we know anything about good games, they don't have to be complex.

It'l be nice though if they at some point allow connected campaigns. This could be the start of something totally cool!
Customization is going to be rampant with this game..... I wonder if they have a fan site yet.... Just having read the rulebook, I can already make DnD versions of my DnD Heroscape figures... Call it backward designing.
Quote:
In fact, I may just design some crossover stuff so that when Wave D3 is released you can use the heroes from that wave in Castle Ravenloft.

Edit
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Good taste!

Old August 13th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Deathjump might come out as a Common Hero. It would be a nice addition to the Drow/Arachnid faction.
As I said above, I think its not the best choice, given our existing spiders being of similar size. One of the earlier expansions has a "Large Monstrous Spider" that could be an uncommon/common large figure, or alternatively, the Large 'blade spider' from Desert of Desolation. Some Swog-Rider sized spiders in other words. Those would be a nice addition.
Old August 13th, 2010, 10:06 PM

Just a heads up

Based on Grungebob's recent post, I think he meant that he would create some custom cards for the Ravenloft Board Game so we can use our D3 minis in that game..

Not really sure

Old August 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Quote:
Just a heads up

Based on Grungebob's recent post, I think he meant that he would create some custom cards for the Ravenloft Board Game so we can use our D3 minis in that game..

Not really sure
Yeah he said use the heroes, ie the figs in D3's hero pack.
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:29 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think that's an awesome idea. We've got some really cool Hero sculpts in D3.

On that note, we're just starting to discuss previews for D3. Once I nail down when they will start i'll post it here!

700+ posts on almost no info, I can't wait to see what you guys get to once we start revealing this wave! Very excited.

Quote:

I do not believe any of the minis in Castle Ravenloft are in D3.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)

Last edited by theGuru; August 14th, 2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:43 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
I think that's an awesome idea. We've got some really cool Hero sculpts in D3.

On that note, we're just starting to discuss previews for D3. Once I nail down when they will start i'll post it here!

700+ posts on almost no info, I can't wait to see what you guys get to once we start revealing this wave! Very excited.

Quote:

I do not believe any of the minis in Castle Ravenloft are in D3.
Awesome news, do you have any time frame on when we should expect preview news, days, weeks, months? But thanks for the heads up and 700 posts with only the information we hope to think we can piece together is pretty awesome.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News