Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old January 10th, 2014, 11:32 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: X-Wing

I (finally) had time to try out this game with a friend. We played two skirmishes, 65 points each, him playing Imperials and me playing Rebels. I own the Core Set, the X-Wing expansion, and two TIE Fighter expansions. I played Wedge and a Red Squadron Pilot, each outfitted with an Astromech and Proton Torpedoes. My opponent played an army with strictly unique TIE pilots, including Mauler Mithel and Backsabber. I don't remember the other two. I lost my RSP to his relentless barrage before launching his torpedoes and lost a massive investment, and Wedge managed to kill one TIE and bring the others down to one hull point each before pulling a K-turn right into Backstabber's base, taking damage, and getting vaped by the TIE Pilot's special ability.

The second game I played Wedge and Luke, each with Proton Torps again. My opponent traded out one of his pilots for Winged Gundark and equipped another with Determination (howlrunner I think?). He had his TIEs in two pairs, one on each side of the board. The asteroids were conglomerated to my left, so I stuck to my right. Luke and Wedge stayed just on the edges of the Asteroid field, luring the TIEs out as best as my opponent could maneuver around the asteroids one by one and vaping them with little effort. The maneuvering around some of the outlying asteroids by Wedge and Luke to flank the TIEs was interesting. By the time he regrouped he had a couple of seriously damaged TIEs and only one at full hull capacity, and he had only taken out Luke's shields. It was a quickly resolved match.

This is obviously my new addiction... Alongside 'Scape. I guess the poor Xbox One will have to take a backseat, and I've hardly clocked in any hours on it... I love the variety of pilots, now for variety in ships. I can't wait to get my hands on a Y-Wing and TIE Advanced.
My opponent and I need to play a TIE-breaker round... Pun totally intended.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old January 11th, 2014, 04:29 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?

I love X-Wing and have actually been active on BGG with developing a ruleset for hex-based combat.
Old January 25th, 2014, 11:49 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just wanted to share that my local Target has the starter set on sale for $11.99. I picked up a couple. Not sure if that's true for all Targets, but worth checking out. Cheap way to pick up three new ships and extras.
Old January 26th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Just wanted to share that my local Target has the starter set on sale for $11.99. I picked up a couple. Not sure if that's true for all Targets, but worth checking out. Cheap way to pick up three new ships and extras.
Yeah, I keep hoping to hit the jackpot here, but alas, no such luck. My stores are either all sold out, and have been for quite awhile, or else they have tons in stock - but at the $39.99 price tag.

When I know it's out there cheap like that, I just can't bite the bullet to pickup another core set (again) for the original price.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 26th, 2014, 09:11 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Yeah, I keep hoping to hit the jackpot here, but alas, no such luck. My stores are either all sold out, and have been for quite awhile, or else they have tons in stock - but at the $39.99 price tag.

When I know it's out there cheap like that, I just can't bite the bullet to pickup another core set (again) for the original price.
If there are stores that have tons in stock, there's a good chance they'll go on clearance at some point soon. I'd keep my eyes on them for sure. It seems the first cut is often to $19.98, still a nice find, but if you can resist it and there are enough on the shelf to give the impression it may last a while, it only gets better!
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, the only poblem is, the Targets near me that put X-Wing on clearance did so almost half a year ago or so (It's been quite a while) and the other Targets haven't come down on their pricepoint at all.

But that's okay, because it's fun to check and it harkens me back to the days of making "the rounds" (2 Targets, 1 Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us) to find 'Scape.

Good times.

Old February 8th, 2014, 05:58 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I cast and painted my own Viper Mark II's for X-Wing. Pics if anyone's interested:

http://mossmansminis.blogspot.com/20...iniatures.html
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Looks really cool!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 8th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Who Bummed Woo

Uh, Mossman, those Vipers look amazing! Any chance you'd do some more? I know a guy here in Texas who'd love to buy some from you.

What stats / abilities are you using for the cards and templates? Or manuever dial, for that matter?

Old February 8th, 2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Uh, Mossman, those Vipers look amazing! Any chance you'd do some more? I know a guy here in Texas who'd love to buy some from you.

What stats / abilities are you using for the cards and templates? Or manuever dial, for that matter?
I downloaded a pdf of cards and dials from a BSG Yahoo group but haven't tried them yet. If you want to message me your email address I'll send it to you.

I might do more but like I said, they're not perfect so I'd hate for you to be disappointed.
Old February 8th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Wow, those look great!
Old February 23rd, 2014, 06:53 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Nice comeback Deroche!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures