Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 12th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Craig Van Ness , I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have come up with here in October.
If the playtest of Shifiting Realms that I was involved with courtesy of Jeff Van Ness is any indicator, it will be something good.

Old October 18th, 2017, 01:03 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Hi Craig,

How would you go about integrating Arena of the Planeswalkers with HeroScape or vice-versa?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 22nd, 2017, 03:27 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Hi Craig,

How would you go about integrating Arena of the Planeswalkers with HeroScape or vice-versa?
Tai-Pan,
I would probably keep these two games separate. You can still share terrain pieces.

If I ever got a chance to work on Heroscape again, introducing a spell deck to core Heroscape might be a fun thing to playtest.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 07:52 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Hi Craig,

Tai-Pan,
I would probably keep these two games separate. You can still share terrain pieces.

If I ever got a chance to work on Heroscape again, introducing a spell deck to core Heroscape might be a fun thing to playtest.
That would be awesome! That said, definitely keep me in mind for any playtesting for Soaring Rhino. Jeff brought Shifting Realms to @chas ' house and we had a great time with it.

Edit: C3G has already done something with spells that I think is worth checking out.

Old October 26th, 2017, 12:23 PM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

Craig,

Currently my gaming group is playing a lot of Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy. What are the chances that a couple years down the line Soaring Rhino creates a Legacy game?

Thank you for making so many of my favorite games. I am very interested in Shifting Realms and the future of Soaring Rhino. Keep up the great work.

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi
Old October 28th, 2017, 04:37 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
Craig,

Currently my gaming group is playing a lot of Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy. What are the chances that a couple years down the line Soaring Rhino creates a Legacy game?

Thank you for making so many of my favorite games. I am very interested in Shifting Realms and the future of Soaring Rhino. Keep up the great work.
Justin The Critic,
Thanks for the kind words. A legacy game could be fun. We currently are not working on one, but now that you mention it, I think it might be time to start thinking about one.
Old October 28th, 2017, 05:00 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart

I agree.
Old December 8th, 2017, 03:27 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Craig,

I've been looking through the C3V/SoV custom waves a lot recently, and I was wondering what you thought would happen to all of that stuff if you got the rights to HeroScape again. Obviously you couldn't use the sculpts, but would you try designing similar things to fill the same gaps in classic 'Scape (such as how Tomoe Gozen helps the Unique Samurai squads, for example), or would you be more comfortable with starting fresh?

On that matter, where would you see yourself taking HeroScape if you could acquire the license? Would you try to revive whatever cancelled projects and waves never saw the light of day (of course, I assume that the Marvel and Star Wars licenses are far out of reach by this point), or begin designing something entirely new? Would you reprint any of the classic HeroScape sets first to get them back into the public, and if so, what all would you change?

This is all theoretical, of course, but I'm curious as to what your priorities would be if you got the chance to work on the game again. There are so many possible things to do (even when just considering a Rise of the Valkyrie reprint or a new Master Set!).
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:37 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Wave 4 reprint!!!
Old January 8th, 2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Hey Craig,

I've been looking through the C3V/SoV custom waves a lot recently, and I was wondering what you thought would happen to all of that stuff if you got the rights to HeroScape again. Obviously you couldn't use the sculpts, but would you try designing similar things to fill the same gaps in classic 'Scape (such as how Tomoe Gozen helps the Unique Samurai squads, for example), or would you be more comfortable with starting fresh?

On that matter, where would you see yourself taking HeroScape if you could acquire the license? Would you try to revive whatever cancelled projects and waves never saw the light of day (of course, I assume that the Marvel and Star Wars licenses are far out of reach by this point), or begin designing something entirely new? Would you reprint any of the classic HeroScape sets first to get them back into the public, and if so, what all would you change?

This is all theoretical, of course, but I'm curious as to what your priorities would be if you got the chance to work on the game again. There are so many possible things to do (even when just considering a Rise of the Valkyrie reprint or a new Master Set!).
Keep in mind, Hasbro has the rights to Heroscape.
But, this will be a fun question to answer. One of the first things I would do if I could start creating Heroscape product again, would be to ask the fans what they want. Initially, I don't think I would take any idea of the table. I would start gathering ideas, then narrow down.
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m pretty sure if Brittle Tiles threads are any indication, more hexes would be well received. Even just boxes with nothing but terrain for those master builders (and breakers!) out there.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 9th, 2018, 02:09 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Wave 4 commons!!! (I never could figure out why they reprinted Rats and stuff as Wave 10 and not Glads and Aubriens).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion