Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I finally got to play Warhammer: Invasion for the 1st time last night. I liked it, but wow did I ever get wrecked by my brothers Orcs (I was the Dwarves). I think the Battle when he burned the second section of my capital his attack total was something crazy like 30+.

He got a tactic (or maybe it was a support) card out early that allowed him to take a resource for each development in his kingdom and with the 'cheap' cost of the Orcs, it was a match made in heaven.

Quick question, among many, that we had. If a section of your capital is burning, do you still get the benefits of that section? Meaning, can I still play cards there in order to get more power for resources in the Kingdom for example (do I still get the base of 3 power if my kingdom is burning)? Can I still attack if my Battlefield is burning?

-insert signature here-
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:58 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I finally got to play Warhammer: Invasion for the 1st time last night. I liked it, but wow did I ever get wrecked by my brothers Orcs (I was the Dwarves). I think the Battle when he burned the second section of my capital his attack total was something crazy like 30+.

He got a tactic (or maybe it was a support) card out early that allowed him to take a resource for each development in his kingdom and with the 'cheap' cost of the Orcs, it was a match made in heaven.

Quick question, among many, that we had. If a section of your capital is burning, do you still get the benefits of that section? Meaning, can I still play cards there in order to get more power for resources in the Kingdom for example (do I still get the base of 3 power if my kingdom is burning)? Can I still attack if my Battlefield is burning?
Yowza! How the heck did your brother get an attack power of 30? The biggest I ever had was 11...

To answer your questions... Yes, you can play cards in a burned capital, and you can use a burned capital's abilities. You can also still attack if your battlefield capital is burning.

Also, if you ever have to direct damage, you can't direct it to a burning capital.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:32 PM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

Got to play my first game of MonsterPocalypse tonight with Raider30. It was a fun game with great looking minatures and I'm looking forward to playing it again.

We also played Lord of the Rings The Card Game. I ran with the Leadership deck and he used the Tactics deck. We also added in the new Leadership and Tactics cards that came with the first 2 Adventure Packs. We tried to beat the 2nd Quest (Journey Down the Andubin). We were holding our own and handling the monsters pretty good but then got hit with some rough Shadow Effects and Treachery cards. Before we knew it our staging area was filled with Locations worth 12 Threat and we were doomed. We both hit 50 Threat at the same time.

I think it is time to make some custom multi-sphere decks and run this one again.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:37 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:

Yowza! How the heck did your brother get an attack power of 30? The biggest I ever had was 11...

To answer your questions... Yes, you can play cards in a burned capital, and you can use a burned capital's abilities. You can also still attack if your battlefield capital is burning.

Also, if you ever have to direct damage, you can't direct it to a burning capital.

Yeah, I've never heard of a 30, that's rough. I'm with BTL, I don't know that I've ever seen anything much more than 10.

The key to the dwarves is developments. Many of their cards benefit from having developments in zones plus it drags the game out, which is good for the dwarves, it allows them to get their support cards on the board and build their engine. If you can hold strong until mid-game with the dwarves, you will crush just about anything.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:30 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Maybe it wasn't 30, but it was definitely in the 20s. I think he had 11 or 12 units in his battlefield and he played a card that gave all of them +1 power.

The combo of his Orcs not costing much to play and the card that gave +1 resources for each developement in the Kingdom was huge.

Me, on the other had, couldn't get more than one card to the playing surface per turn. Each time I played something it seemed like he had a card that allowed him to destroy it with an action. Heck, one of his actions destroyed all of the units I had in play at once.

-insert signature here-
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Maybe it wasn't 30, but it was definitely in the 20s. I think he had 11 or 12 units in his battlefield and he played a card that gave all of them +1 power.

The combo of his Orcs not costing much to play and the card that gave +1 resources for each developement in the Kingdom was huge.

Me, on the other had, couldn't get more than one card to the playing surface per turn. Each time I played something it seemed like he had a card that allowed him to destroy it with an action. Heck, one of his actions destroyed all of the units I had in play at once.
If the card that destroyed all the units is the same one I'm thinking of (the name escapes me, but I think its called troll vomit or something) for the orcs, he should have destroyed his units as well.

I also agree with Land-based in that you have to play the Dwarves slow and focus on developments and support. If you have difficulty getting cards into your hand to play, get some units in the quest capital and don't defend the capital so you don't lose them. However, only do that to suffer a few minor blows to build up your hand. Sometimes I do that to get some cards in my hand and it can change the tide of the game.

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:14 AM

I think he did destroy his units, but he only had one at the time. The game started out good for me and then turned. I'm sure I didn't play my cards to the best of their abilities, going to take a few plays to learn the nuances.

-insert signature here-
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I think he did destroy his units, but he only had one at the time. The game started out good for me and then turned. I'm sure I didn't play my cards to the best of their abilities, going to take a few plays to learn the nuances.
It is a learning process and you'll have a lot of fun with it. You'll pick up some effective strategies, and you'll also learn how each race functions as to what is their strengths and weaknesses.

I remember in the beginning when I would play as the Chaos, I always lost, but I eventually learned how to play them and have finally pulled some wins with them.

Do you have the elven races?

Old August 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM

I have the first 'master set' and the 1st six small expansions.

-insert signature here-
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got in 2 games of 1313 Dead End Drive with one of my daughters. We each won 1 game. It's better with more than 2 players, but still fun enough for a light fun time with one of my girls.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Today -

HeroScape x 2 - DED for the win!!

Resistance - Played with my small group Bible study and we had a blast. The only thing that disappoints me a bit in this game (though I've yet to play with the plot thickens cards) is (and Lonewolf pointed this out to me) that It always goes Mission 1 - Resistance, Mission 2 and 3 - Spies, Mission 4 - Resistance, Mission 5 - Spies.

Whoonu - Um, yeah?

Apples to Apples - Um yeah again...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
HeroScape x 2 - DED for the win!!

Visiting family, and my dad had picked up Tsuro but still not pulled it out of the box & figured out how to play. KidScaper & I did it for him, got a 2 player game in pretty quick, and I lost, as usual.

Definitely not my type of game, but it may suit my father well enough with his other grandkids who will be happy with the tile-laying aspect.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games