Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Are your Zettians gathering dust?...
No. I still use them from time to time. 162 44.14%
Yes. Haven't really used them since buying more expansion sets. 127 34.60%
Kinda. I ONLY use them in a themed Soulborg army. 78 21.25%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Zettians... gathering dust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poe24 View Post
I'm hoping they put out a hero which give the zettians a little bump and allows you to treat them as common squads for the game. New ground with old troops!
We'll likely never see a Hero that gives them common squad status since no such similar ability has existed yet.

You might want to check out Dignan's Competitive Unit Congress where noncompetitive troops get upgrades to make them useful in tournaments.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not so sure even granting them common status would help much. They'd still suffer from being a 2 man squad. Sure, they'd have extras so losing one won't be devastating, but thats it. There's just too many other options at 70 points.

For the same price as Zettians x2, I could get a squad of Glads and Blasts. 8 Figures as opposed to 4. Better synergy, and still get those nifty soulborg immunities.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I'm not so sure even granting them common status would help much. They'd still suffer from being a 2 man squad. Sure, they'd have extras so losing one won't be devastating, but thats it. There's just too many other options at 70 points.

For the same price as Zettians x2, I could get a squad of Glads and Blasts. 8 Figures as opposed to 4. Better synergy, and still get those nifty soulborg immunities.
If they were a 60 point common squad, I think that they would be competitive. Its not going to happen, but they could be competitive with a couple of small changes.
Old May 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the Zettians were priced right for their era. Think about it. They were released with ROTV. They were good in the all unique enviroment. Their biggest ranged competitors were the Krav and the AE, and the Zettians had the price break, and the high defense. Also, look at their special, designed to take out heroes. Again great in the hero rich enviroment of ROTV. Third, I'm sure they were feilded with DW9K alot, not too many other options back then, which also gives them a bump.

Fast forward to today. With so many other options, and squad scape abound, is it any wonder these guys are seen as not competitive.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:03 PM

Marro Divider #4 is surprisingly tart

if the zetties were common, that would be awesome. and if they had 3 squad members, that would be even awesomer. imagine- the Q9 squad! attack of 2, 3, and 4! (3, 4, and 5 on height, way cool!)

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:29 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Divider #4 View Post
if the zetties were common, that would be awesome. and if they had 3 squad members, that would be even awesomer. imagine- the Q9 squad! attack of 2, 3, and 4! (3, 4, and 5 on height, way cool!)
A 3 member squad with attack of 2, 3, and 4 (if attacking the same figure), a defense of 4 and priced at 75 points?
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:06 PM

greenscaleman is surprisingly tart

if they had deathwalker bonding were common and had another squad member i would pay 110 for the m easy

One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all,
And in the darkness bind them.''
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

man dont under estimate the 2 man sqads.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

From Customs using Master Set Figures (RotV, SotM, BftU)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Zettian Guards
1moreheroscaper
justjohn
Quicksilver62160
skyknight
skyknight
wulfhunter667
Euryon
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I used the Zettians in IslandScape this year. They did decent, as their 7 defense really holds up. Sadly, the game they had most use was against TaebleWalkers Minions, so they got no kills.

In the reverse the whip, they scored 3 wounds on Elthahale, who I Thunder Stepped to one of them. She took the Thunder Step wound, but 6 attack on 7 defense never ends well for the defense. The second zettian went down the next turn.

They seem to be more filler in big point games, or, if you can get them to height, 7 range and 7 defense with attacks of 3 and 4, is nothing to scoff at.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:47 PM

ladidadi.davis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenscaleman View Post
if they had deathwalker bonding were common and had another squad member i would pay 110 for the m easy
At my house we played them at 110 as three men squads with DW bonding. That actually proved to be overwhelming, despite the alleged DW curse (Yeah, doesn't happen in my house). But we still play them 3-unit at 110. With Warden giving them an extra move, they're still quite formidable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units