Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which unit is better?
Othkurik 8 13.79%
Moltenclaw 50 86.21%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 20th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #59 -- Othkurik vs. Moltenclaw

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

This Unit Debate was selected by ZBeeblebrox.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:48 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Unit Debate #59 -- Othkurik vs. Moltenclaw

Well met!

No contest.
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

While I do prefer Othkurik in RoV games because of your ability to pair him with 2 squads of Greenscales, overally Moltenclaw wins, hands down.
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. Stats/Special Powers - While Moltenclaw wins out on stats, I believe their special attacks are even. Moltenclaw's has the versatility of selecting from many targets on the battlefield, whereas Othkurik's is a splash attack that can avoid hitting your own guys. That said, I'll go with Moltenclaw.

2. Playability - Moltenclaw's sculpt isn't as cumbersome as Othkurik's, largely due to being upright (and single-spaced). On the other hand, Othkurik is thirty points cheaper to draft, and he works well against squads and heroes (with the right map). Othkurik by a nose.

3. Overall Usefulness - Tie. They fill a very similar role.

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head - One extra life, one extra attack...unless the fight were on a swamp/dungeon map, Moltenclaw should win this one. In fact, Othkurik's one big attack from favorable terrain isn't really enough to sway me. Moltenclaw wins head-to-head.

5. Army Builds - I imagine the only discernable difference here is that Othkurik can synergize with powers requiring a tricky personality. Other than that, they both can fit well into whatever army you choose (and it need not always contain Greenscales!). Tie.

6. Best Strategic Use - Othkurik wants to hunt, maneuvering around the battlefield engaging in guerrilla tactics. He is much more an opportunist than Moltenclaw, who prefers to remain active once battle has been joined. Of course, he has to stay pretty close to the enemy to be effective.

Also, each is filling a different role, in my experience. Moltenclaw is adept at doling out wounds to multiple figures each time he is activated. In fact, he does quite well focusing on just that. Othkurik, while capable of wreaking a comparable amount of havok in such a manner, also boasts the ability to make that single big blow against an opponent's hero. Othkurik.

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl - I wouldn't want my adventuring party to go up against either of them! The official dungeon-crawls lean toward smaller maps (duh, they use BftU!), so I feel Moltenclaw has an edge here.

Moltenclaw wins, 3-2.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old July 21st, 2011, 12:22 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Hey Othkurik can still come back!

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 1st, 2011, 01:00 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker

I'm a bit late to this thread but I hadn't owned either dragon until recently. After playing with both of them a few times, I'd have to say that Moltenclaw will earn (or surpass) his amount in points more often than Othkurik. To be fair to the balck dragon, he was attacked by 3 Einar Emperium with height one of those times. But still, Moltenclaw wins. :P

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

I recently played a few games against my dad preparing for this tournament. He played a build with Greenscales x2 and Moltenclaw both times, but in the first game he had Cyprien and Sonya also, and in the second game he had Death Knights x2 and Dumutefs x3. Both games, Moltenclaw dominated my army, and I only won the first game because Braxas got lucky and killed him with a Belt of Giant Strength, and rolled a 20 on Cyprien. Of course, it might've helped that he could get to my start zone before anything moved out, because first game I was playing hounds who rolled a 1 on WPM about half the time, and the second game I played Ashigaru with Kato who died before Round 2. Yeah, I'm still working on what I'm going to take to that tournament...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units