Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old April 15th, 2024, 10:52 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I kinda just want them all as Terrorists. MGS1 Ocelot in particular I don't love as a Soldier - there's definitely room for a take that slots into GI Joe builds and stuff, but I feel like that's a distinct design.

Didn't realize you were shooting so high...given some current sanctum chat, I think Liquid at 250+ is gonna be a pretty hard sell.
I'm still inclined to give them distinct classes but if people disagree I'm willing to change it. 300 is just how I imagine this design is gonna cost as is, if you think the design as is reads lower than 300 then that's fine, I just thought it was a decently strong design atm

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old April 15th, 2024, 10:53 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I actually kind of like it. I agree that using that many markers should be avoided but once out of a few hundred cards is OK as long as it pays off in the game play.
You can just use a six sided die to keep track.
Are you saying to like, use a six sided die to represent the markers, or are you suggesting having that actually be how it says to keep track of them on the card?

Old April 15th, 2024, 12:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I agree with making them all Terrorists. You can justify Soldier for pretty much anyone in the Metal Gear franchise, but Terrorist fits better for who those characters are at that point in the story, IMO.

Personally, I'd still call out markers in the ability, but how players represent that is up to them.
Old April 15th, 2024, 06:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Exactly.
I use dice instead of wound markers.
I like to place the dice by the figures as well when testing. Real easy to assess damage at a glance.
Old April 18th, 2024, 11:48 AM

NAME = SNIPER WOLF

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = COLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 10
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

WOLF’S PREY

At the start of the game, select one opponent’s Unique Hero to be Sniper Wolf’s Obsession. Whenever her Obsession moves, Sniper Wolf may manuever up to 3 spaces.

SUPPRESSIVE SHOT
Each time an opponent first moves a figure they control onto a space within 7 clear sight spaces of Sniper Wolf during that player’s turn, if they do not immediately end that figure’s movement, roll one unblockable attack die against that figure.

MARKED TARGET
When attacking a non-adjacent figure, if Order Marker X is on it, Sniper Wolf adds 1 Hit to her roll and may attack that figure one additional time.

FACTION = FOXHOUND

Old April 18th, 2024, 11:50 AM

NAME = VULCAN RAVEN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = HONORABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

VULCAN CANNON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 Attack 4
If Vulcan Raven has 1+ blanks, he may attack again, up to a max of 4 attacks for this special attack action. When attacking a figure with Order Marker X on its card, Vulcan Raven may re-roll one dice.

FACTION = FOXHOUND
SYMBOLS = SUPER STRENGTH

Old April 18th, 2024, 11:51 AM

Two more FOXHOUND guys here- designed to be the team's heavier hitters, once again playing on the idea of the enemy X Order Marker as synergy. I see them being somewhere in the late 100s, maybe early 200s region point-wise I think?

Old April 26th, 2024, 03:50 PM

NAME = PSYCHO MANTIS
SECRET IDENTITY = TRETJI REBENOK

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

MANTIS MIND CONTROL

Once per round, instead of attacking with Psycho Mantis, you may choose an enemy without the Robot or Inorganic keywords within 5 spaces of Psycho Mantis. Roll a D20. On an 8+, take control of that figure and activate it, then return control.

YOU ENJOY C3G SUPERSCAPE, DON’T YOU?
Once per round, at the start of your turn, you may roll a D20. On a 12+, you may move one Order Marker from one enemy’s card to the card of an ally of that enemy. If you roll less than 12, you may reveal Order Marker X on this card to treat the roll as 12.

PSYCHOKINESIS
Psycho Mantis may throw destructible objects within 3 spaces of him, and when throwing a destructible object, Psycho Mantis counts as having Super Strength.

PSYCHIC DEFENSE X
Once per round, if Psycho Mantis or an ally within 3 spaces of Psycho Mantis is attacked by a figure without Mental Shield, you may reveal Order Marker X on this card. If you do, the turn immediately ends and the defenders avoid the attack.

FACTION = FOXHOUND
PUBLISHER = KONAMI
KEYWORDS = TELEPATH
SYMBOLS = FLYING, MENTAL SHIELD

Old April 26th, 2024, 03:52 PM

Last of the main FOXHOUND guys- all fairly self explanatory, with his ability to move OMs around both useful for general screwing with your opponent's turn order and also moving the X Marker for your figures to benefit from.

Old April 26th, 2024, 08:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Psychokinesis, that’s sweet.

What if we drop PDX and then give him a defense boost for You Enjoy?
Old April 27th, 2024, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I like Psychokinesis, that’s sweet.

What if we drop PDX and then give him a defense boost for You Enjoy?
What kind of defense boost would you integrate into it?

Old April 27th, 2024, 10:26 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd probably do the package something like this?
Quote:
MANTIS MIND CONTROL
Once per round, instead of Psycho Mantis's attack phase, you may choose an enemy without the Inorganic keyword within 4 spaces of Psycho Mantis and roll a d20. On an 8+, take control of that figure and activate it, then return control.

YOU ENJOY C3G SUPERSCAPE, DON’T YOU?
Before initiative, you may choose an opponent's card. That opponent may move 1 Order Marker from another card they control to that card. If they do no, Psycho Mantis has +4 Defense this round.

PSYCHOKINESIS
Psycho Mantis may throw destructible objects within 4 spaces of him. When throwing a destructible object, Psycho Mantis is considered to have Super Strength.
(I also switched the ranges to 4 - that's more consistent with our other telekinetic characters and it's nice when all the ranges match on a card.)

I also think there's room to do something a bit more unique with the Mind Control? It's interesting you went for an Inorganic carveout when Mantis spends so much time controlling a massive mecha in MGSV. (There are theories that Kid Mantis is stronger than Adult Mantis, sure, but if we ever do Kid Mantis, I'll eat my hat. ) Something that I always liked about his mind control stuff is that it's pretty consistently portrayed like he's really puppeteering people around - especially lurch-y Meryl in MGS1. I wonder if there's a way to be a bit more evocative of that than typical Mind Swap? Here's the best I could come up with.
Quote:
MANTIS MIND CONTROL
Instead of Psycho Mantis's move phase, you may choose a figure within 4 spaces of Psycho Mantis and roll a D20. On an 8+, take control of that figure and make either a move action or attack action with it, then return control.
(I'd have to check but I think that lets you control mechs as well.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape