Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 12th, 2017, 08:59 AM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart
Re: WolfScape's Classic Customs

Adding Deathripper's bio:

Modified by a mysterious tinkerer, the Deathripper was designed to tear a path through the Ticalla Jungle, commanding Soulborg forces as they search for Aquilla’s wellspring. Due to untested experimental programming, however, sometimes a Soulborg is left alone in the field with no support, and is quickly destroyed.

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:31 AM

After consideration, I feel DR should have 2 life so he doesn't die to AE as often. With 1 life, he's more fragile than DW9k, who never seems to survive, and is targeted by AE over DR simply because he's easier to kill, having only one life.

Old February 12th, 2017, 02:31 PM

First V13 playtest; he died...

Old February 12th, 2017, 07:40 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Deathripper. Seems cool. Word phrasing for his special attack. Choose a figure within clear sight of death ripper.

That has no range limit? That is quite powerful. He could find a perch near his startzone a hit enemies from across the map. 200 pts with some testing would prove whether its broken or not.
The name deathripper would imply hes a melee robot with some sawblades or something. Range 2 is what id give someone with a spear or flamethrower. Then hes got a sniper esk special attack. I love the sniper special and utgar hero bonding though id limit it to once a round revealing the x order marker for the bonding to keep it not overpowered. Id make him a sniper or a melee not both.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:47 PM

TREX: He has range 2 because my figure for him is a grimnak sized robot, and his arms can physically reach two spaces away. He's a support figure, though he can operate fairly well on his own. However, he can't do much against squads, and even then, most heroes will shrug off his sniper attack. He's meant to be versatile, as he was "modified" to be able to take Aquilla's wellspring in the Ticalla Jungle, so he was made to be able to command troops and fight fairly well. While he might be stronger in higher point games, as of yet my collection isn't large enough to play 1000 point games, and I don't have enough Soulborgs for him to be a viable strategy. 200 points has played out fine so far.

Old February 12th, 2017, 07:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Mini raptor. Ultimately the guy gets 10 move 5 attack 2 shields with a warforged resolve when going in a straight line. Not sure that they are thematic for me. 6 to 7 move for a guy like this seems good. Making them ambush prey somehow would be thematic and cool. Id do away with auto shields. Making them ferocious hunters that track wounded heroes or something would be fun. I have a bunch of WOW minis called sunscale scythclaws that look exactly like raptors. Makes me want to make a new card for them.

Old February 12th, 2017, 07:57 PM
"like" happy

Id suggest giving him reach like the fen hydra for range 2 so he cant attack figures 20 spaces higher than him if hes giving a beatdown. so far you have cool ideas. Im outta time right now but ill review the others when i get time.

Old February 12th, 2017, 09:10 PM
"like" happy

The poison dart frogs seem to have a stellar poisonous ability 8 or higher gets an additional wound with 3 attack dice, kind of OP. The rest of the card is thematic enough. If you look at the deepwyrm drow's poison weapons its a 16 or higher I think to score that extra hit.

Old February 12th, 2017, 09:12 PM
"like" happy

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=38383, this is where you can get members to help you turn your text customs into cards.

Old February 13th, 2017, 11:23 AM

TREX:

Miniraptor was thematically based around moving in straight lines. I wanted to give him some abilities that gave you a bonus for sacrificing his agility. It can take a while to maneuver him into position for an attack, and he dies to range easily. Also, if you consider Isamu, he's not underpriced.

Ticalla Dart Frogs are a unique squad while Deepwyrm Drow are common. The frogs have lower survivability without a defensive ability and cost twice as much. For 150 points, you could get 2 sets of Deepwyrm, with points to spare, and they'd probably last longer.

For range two, I guess I'll just have that be a house rule, possibly universal, or at least when using my customs: "When attacking with a normal attack, figures with range 3 or less cannot attack figures whose bases are above the attacker's head, or whose heads are below the attacker's base." It would work a little bit like the adjacency rules, but at range...

Thanks for the feedback. If you still think I should change Mini or the frogs, let me know.

Old February 13th, 2017, 02:29 PM
"like" happy

@WolfScape , These are just my 2 cents for your customs. I have made Hundreds of customs of my own. Some I sent to the shredder, some I have reworked, some I still have. In my current thread I only have a few, because I deemed my other ones unbalanced, unworthy, or not themed well enough, or in a couple cases, just not fun enough. I am currently on the design team for HOSS(Heroes of Starwars Scape) and have been on other teams. What I would advise to you: If people are offering up opinions on your customs, they are taking time to help you get them better. I'm not just talking about me reviewing yours. I've learned the same thing, listen to peoples ideas on here. Give some of them a chance, chances are, they'll help you make stuff that is more fun to play, and possibly more balanced. There are a ton of very talented card designers on this site. Whether you change your raptor or frogs is entirely up to you. I was just getting excited with you on your units and brainstorming in my mind how they would be more fun to play. Keep playing with ideas and soak up any feedback you can get from people. Biggest part of customs is the testing. Good luck with your project and have fun.

Old February 13th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

TREX is exactly right.

In other words:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfScape View Post
Thanks for the feedback. If you still think I should change Mini or the frogs, let me know.
Change them, don't change them; that's up to you. TREX isn't saying you should change them; he's just offering you feedback. They are your babies, do what you want.

The more you make, and the more you play, the better these and your other customs will get.

Thanks again for sharing them!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards