Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old April 28th, 2012, 03:53 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Auggies Fire Elemental Squad Custom Contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I don't know if this as been addressed but what should the squad name be? or is it up to the designer?
It's up to you. I used _____ ____ of _____.
I used _____ _____ of ______. Thanks Arathorn!!!
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if this as been addressed but what should the squad name be? or is it up to the designer?
Your two names look pretty much the same.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old April 28th, 2012, 04:06 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrowick View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mine's a bit longer...
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mine's a bit longer...
Yeah I guess. But only a little bit.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old April 29th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Boy, this discussion is really heating up...

People seem to be on fire with their designs...

Okay, I'm out of puns
Old April 29th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Oh I'm always coming up with new ones and they are always red hot.

Old April 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Are we allowed to submit flavor and/or descriptive text with our cards, like Lamaclown did with his Holiday contest? How about extra parts like glyphs?
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A write up, yes. Markers yes. But no glyphs.(no Classic Scape card references a certain Glyph )

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old April 30th, 2012, 02:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Kurrok will only be able to activate a single member of a squad at a time, because they are each small elementals, and he activates a single small elemental at a time.
In terms of the rulebook, there is no such concept as taking a turn with a single figure of a squad. A turn is defined in terms of units as defined by Army Cards, whether that's for a hero or a squad. If it weren't for Omegacron I would say that these figures cannot be small Elemental squad figures because Kurrok exists.

But C3V already did break the meaning of a "turn" with Omegacron, allowing one to take a "turn" with figures from various squads. So maybe I shouldn't be too picky on this. Still, I'd be hard pressed to vote for any small Elemental squad.
I do see your point on the squad of elementals issue.

I just wonder why the game designers didn't have Kurroks card read, ".....place one of your previously destroyed small or medium elemental heros....." and "...you may take a turn with up to three small or medium elemental heros ......."

Knowing at the time they were putting out a bunch of medium elemental heros, if they did not leave the hero part out on purpose then it was a pretty big oversight on their part. They clearly included the small designation with ideas about future expansions in mind, which makes me think they left the hero requirement out intentionally with a small elemental squad in mind.
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Knowing at the time they were putting out a bunch of medium elemental heros, if they did not leave the hero part out on purpose then it was a pretty big oversight on their part. They clearly included the small designation with ideas about future expansions in mind, which makes me think they left the hero requirement out intentionally with a small elemental squad in mind.
I'm pretty convinced that the official design team were not planning to make an elemental squad. First, no official card ever broke up a squad into figures with individual turns, and I don't think they ever would have done that. Second, I'm pretty sure that D&D didn't make elemental figures that would have worked together as a squad, so they didn't have any figures to work with.

It's a shame they didn't specify "Elemental Hero" as you suggested, but official 'Scape has lots of things like that. Particularly with Bonding: Warlord Bonding, for example, says to take a turn with "any Warlord you control", not "Warlord Hero".
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm pretty convinced that the official design team were not planning to make an elemental squad. First, no official card ever broke up a squad into figures with individual turns, and I don't think they ever would have done that. Second, I'm pretty sure that D&D didn't make elemental figures that would have worked together as a squad, so they didn't have any figures to work with.

It's a shame they didn't specify "Elemental Hero" as you suggested, but official 'Scape has lots of things like that. Particularly with Bonding: Warlord Bonding, for example, says to take a turn with "any Warlord you control", not "Warlord Hero".
Yeah I liked it a lot better when hasbro made it all there ideas for figures were original (who else could come up with a name like Marro?) and most of the stuff that WotC came up with used recycled figures. (If you get my meaning.)

Old April 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I liked it a lot better when hasbro made it all there ideas for figures were original (who else could come up with a name like Marro?) and most of the stuff that WotC came up with used recycled figures. (If you get my meaning.)
We'll in fairness to WOTC, 28mm prepainted mini games started with them with the release of Harbinger YEARS before Heroscape was released. I dare say SCPAPE likely wouldn't exist at all with DDM blazing the way (oh god, look what I started!).
.......Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games