Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 8th, 2011, 01:47 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Today, I received Omen: A Reign of War (per suggestion of 1Mmirg) and I absolutely loved how this game is packaged. It's the coolest little box/case ever.
I got that one too recently and here I thought I'd never see another VHS case ever again. It is a nice little package, now if I can just get it played.

-insert signature here-
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Played Whitechapel last night. I found it horribly unbalanced. I made my hideout 48 and always put a wretched on 27 (One space away from my hideout) and always waited so they had to move her and so I would kill her and just carriage to my hideout every single night with nothing they could do to stop me. Did we mess up a rule, or is the game really that broken?

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:40 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Today, I received Omen: A Reign of War (per suggestion of 1Mmirg) and I absolutely loved how this game is packaged. It's the coolest little box/case ever.
I got that one too recently and here I thought I'd never see another VHS case ever again. It is a nice little package, now if I can just get it played.
Yeah, I'm just kickin' around the house tonight since the little lady won't be around, so I can't play it. Might have to try some solo games or something instead...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Change title of thread to: What Board Game Are you Currently Opening Up ?

Just got home for lunch and Fed-X just droped off SummonerWars Master Set. Opened it up a couple minutes ago looks GREAT
Sweet!!!

Just how big is the box? I've read it's big, and I'm wondering how much space it's going to take up... I might be in trouble when the SW/BG package shows up from CSI...

Nominally it is 3" X 14" x 14"
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Does anyone own or have played Earth Reborn? It seems like an awesome game.
Got it from Tanga a little while back and finally played my first game. It was pretty fun, even playing with the most basic ruleset (scenario 1). It introduces the rules a couple pages at a time, and I get the feeling it is going to be crazy once all the rules are in play.
Old July 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Does anyone own or have played Earth Reborn? It seems like an awesome game.
Got it from Tanga a little while back and finally played my first game. It was pretty fun, even playing with the most basic ruleset (scenario 1). It introduces the rules a couple pages at a time, and I get the feeling it is going to be crazy once all the rules are in play.
Yeah you are one of the lucky ones that got it from Tanga.

I've seen some video reviews of it and the interview of the designer by BGG in Essen and it seems like there are tons of possibilities. He said you don't even learn combat until like scenario 3. But from everything I've seen/heard, despite all the symbols/markings on the cards etc, once you've played it a bit, everything becomes pretty intuitive.

A guy in my gaming group also got EB from Tanga and offered to let me try it before I buy it to see if I like it. But I'm pretty sure that once I show the videos to my nephew, he'll be like heck yeah!

The designer also showed how when you search for something, you have the items deck so everyone sees what's on top since the cards are two-sided. Then you can take the deck under the table if you get a shuffle icon on the die or something and you can shuffle the cards or pretend to shuffle them and place the item you want third from the top. Then when the other player sees a crappy item left on top, they might not cut the deck and then you use whatever points it takes to ditch the top two cards to get to the third one, the one you wanted all along. It seems kind of borderline RPG but in a board game format.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just got done with a few games.

1 x Settlers of Catan - Taught my 15 year-old nephew the game and included my 8 year-old twin girls. I finished with 8 points, Morgan had 7, Paige had 5, but my nephew finished with 10 right after playing his 4th Knight to take over the Biggest Army card from Paige. This game took 2 1/2 hours and reminded me how long some games take with my daughters. The trading parts of the game and the counting/deciding/discarding cards for the Robber added a lot of time for them, plus their general 8 year-old over-tired silliness.

2 x Dominion - These were with just my nephew and me and we finally broke in the Prosperity expansion that I've had for several months, waiting to be played. The first game we mixed Dominion and Prosperity with the pre-made aggressive setup and my nephew just beat me 40-39. In the second game, we went with straight Prosperity kingdom cards with the friendly non-interaction pre-made setup and once again he beat me, this time 56-50. He utilized his Bishop better to trash some expensive cards to soak up the VP tokens. I made use of the Trade Route card a few times, but it didn't help enough.

Well considering Tyler didn't wake up until noon today and I've been up since 5:30am, I blame my tired old mind for the losses. Then again, Tyler is good at board games. I brought him to a Friday game night with my group last week and he had a blast and some of the other guys there noticed Tyler's aptitude for games.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:33 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

5 games of Ascension on my Ipad. This is a great game and has a fantastic user inter-face. One of the best apps I have downloaded. The really good news is that I just found out a little while ago that you can play 2-player pass+play even on the Lite(FREE) version. I was messing around with what I thought was the AI difficulty level and accidently found out you cuold play 2 player. SWEET

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old July 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

We had a little send off party for one of our friends last night and had a great group together. Among other things, we had two awesome games of Resistance. Below is a session report where my head nearly exploded. Enjoy.

Spoiler Alert!

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old July 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
We had a little send off party for one of our friends last night and had a great group together. Among other things, we had two awesome games of Resistance. Below is a session report where my head nearly exploded. Enjoy.

Spoiler Alert!
That's an awesome write up, Dignan. Those 2 games of Resistance really were a total blast.

Spoiler Alert!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Today was both the Redakai league and Pokemon league. Only one person showed up for the Redakai league. Very suprising since there has been so much intrest in it. The Pokemon league went a bit better, though at first it was only 2 people also. Later some more showed up. Most importantly though someone bought Battleship Galaxies. The comic book is very nice. Not some small comic book like the Heroscape one nor one full of adds like everything on Free Comic Book Day. It is a full length, ad free one that I have yet to actually read. The ships are nice, really all of the compenents are nice except for the cheap, thin card stock. I think that is a minor thing though as long as they don't rip too easily since there really isn't much shuffling of cards in it. We should be ready to play it tonight or possibly tomarrow.
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:16 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Love the Resistance. The plot thickens cards seem like a good idea. I've played the game 6 times and only seen the good guys win once and that was because our spy in that mission (her first game) acidentally put the wrong vote card in and passed it.

Oh, and last night I played:

Atlantic Storm x1
Race for the Galaxy x1
Can't Stop x1
Tumblin Dice x2

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games