Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 16th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Hey guys. I'm going on a pretty long road trip in a couple of days and was looking for a good DS game to help pass the time (other than Pokemon) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me? This seemed like the place to go. I'm looking for something with at least 12 hours of gameplay, so an RPG would probably work best. Thanks in advance!
You just missed my minireview of Okamiden. If you rush it you'll get about 20 some hours. If you go and try to finish everything you'll easily clock 25 hours. Infinite Space was ok but it lasted well over 50 hours and will probably come cheap by now. And if you haven't tried Chrono Trigger... well then you should be ashamed of yourself (Classic!)

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old April 16th, 2011, 12:49 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Quote:
Hey guys. I'm going on a pretty long road trip in a couple of days and was looking for a good DS game to help pass the time (other than Pokemon) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me? This seemed like the place to go. I'm looking for something with at least 12 hours of gameplay, so an RPG would probably work best. Thanks in advance!
You just missed my minireview of Okamiden. If you rush it you'll get about 20 some hours. If you go and try to finish everything you'll easily clock 25 hours. Infinite Space was ok but it lasted well over 50 hours and will probably come cheap by now. And if you haven't tried Chrono Trigger... well then you should be ashamed of yourself (Classic!)
Chrono Trigger is AMAZING. In the top 3 RPG's of all time. According to my list.

But I'd suggest Fire Emblem, if you like tactical RPG's. Those games have NEVER let me down.
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Been playing a bunch of indie games from the Potato Sack on steam trying to get the golden potato before Portal 2 launches (I did it. Feels great.) Overall some great games, but some horrible ones. Games I really enjoyed are: Amnesia (i've had this for a while. Can't recommend it enough.), The Ball, Defense Grid (awesome if you love Tower Defense), Cogs, RUSH, and Super Meat Boy. Games I'd avoid: 1,2,3 Kick It!, Bit.Trip Beat and Wonderful End of the world (I <3 Katamari ripoff and rather buggy). If you have the 38 bucks, I'd highly recommend buying the entire pack, however. Great games in there. Well worth it with tons and tons of game play hours available.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old April 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Beat Braid last night. What a wonderful game. Also been slowly working through Super Meat Boy, but my hands get a cramp sometimes with the keyboard...
Old April 17th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Replaying Heroes of Mana, the downright most difficult strategy game I have ever played.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:40 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes- I played the trial and had a lot of fun with it so I got the game, haven't gotten into yet but I hope to do so this weekend. It was pretty fun and the graphics are very sleek and cool.
I've been waiting for this to come out on XBLA. Cannot get enough of it, though it has the common puzzle game problem of colors that are hard to distinguish for the color blind (me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
Beat Braid last night. What a wonderful game. Also been slowly working through Super Meat Boy, but my hands get a cramp sometimes with the keyboard...
Both of those are so great! Don't give up on Super Meat Boy, it feels good to beat. I still haven't done everything I'd like to do, and I'm pretty sure I'll never get even close to hitting 100%.
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:50 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

finished Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars for the 3DS. I am very underwhelmed. Just not much to it, period. I would have found it to be a disappointing DS title period. and when you compare it to the console versions, it's like insult to injury.

Moving on to Steel Diver now, which so far has been great fun, though it looks like this may suffer from a lack of depth....

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; April 18th, 2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Pun most certainly intended...
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:54 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
finished Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars for the 3DS. I am very underwhelmed. Just not much to it, period. I would have found it to be a disappointing DS title period. and when you compare it to the console versions, it's like insult to injury.

Moving on to Steel Diver now, which so far has been great fun, though it looks like this may suffer from a lack of depth....

Have you tried the console versions? If so, are they any good?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:07 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post

Have you tried the console versions? If so, are they any good?
Seen 'em played, long discussions with those that have about the differences, but I have not played them myself.

The main complaint I hear about Clone Wars is that it is very repetitive. If you do anything in the game, you do it a dozen times.

But, the game does add in a new quasi-RTS type of level to the mix, which sounds really interesting.

Old April 18th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The console versions of the Lego games have always been fun, the DS versions have always been bad.

Console Score from Metacritic - 77 for PS3 and 75 for 360.
3DS score - 67%

Harry Potter years 1-4 Console - 79, DS 72.

It's not the same game, though similar, usually more limited.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:01 AM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Quote:
Chrono Trigger is AMAZING. In the top 3 RPG's of all time. According to my list.

But I'd suggest Fire Emblem, if you like tactical RPG's. Those games have NEVER let me down.
Actually, my suggestion is a Gameboy Advance game. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and The Oracle of Ages/Seasons. All three are amazing, and you'll probably end up finishing them throughout the trip. I bought these for trips myself to play on my DS, and I was very happy with them.

I've never played it, but you may want to also consider Spirit Tracks. Can't you tell I'm a huge Zelda fan, haha!

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old April 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Been playing Portal 2 for about 15 hours now. Such a great game!

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games