Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old June 5th, 2009, 01:30 AM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart
Re: Legoboy's You Predict the Winner Thread

Putting aside the figures that you both have, I think that Legoboy's Syvarris and Chompy combo will likely beat Captain Canuck's Finn and Deathwalker 9,000 combo. So, even though this battle will probably be even closer than the last battle (and anything can happen in a battle that has AE), I'm going to say that I think that Legoboy will win.
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While DW9000 can clear a board, he seems to die to one or two skulls too often. I think that Grimnak will dominate without numerous ranged figures firing at him.

I have to go with Legoboy.
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Range is good. legoboy.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:26 PM

Captain Canuck is surprisingly tart

MONDAY NIGHT FIGHTS!!

Here are the much anticipated results of the rumble between Captain Canuck and Legoboy. Just to refresh everyone’s memory, we played on the Marr Hwy map by Velenne, and we used a 500 point RoTV only army (pictures will follow shortly).

The Captain’s Army:
Izumi Samurai
Drake
Finn
Airborne Elite
DW9K

Legoboy’s Army:
Grimnak
Syvarris
Drake
Izumi
Airborne Elite

Key: L=Legoboy, C=Captain
Round 1:
Legoboy successfully rolls to drop AE, the Captain does not. However, the Captain does win initiative.
1C- Finn stupidly makes the first move onto the road
1L- AE drops on height (of course) and only manages to kill one Izumi.
2C- The Captain’s Izumi make their move and kill one AE.
2L- Legoboy’s three remaining AE send the DW9K and another Izumi to meet their makers.
3C- Drake moves in (should’ve done that earlier)!!
3L- Legoboy’s Izumi are on the move.

(Legoboy's AE survey the damage after taking out DW9K and two samurai.)

Round 2:
The Captain again fails to drop AE, and also loses initiative!!
1L- The AE grenade Finn and Drake, but miss.
1C- Drake move in and kills an AE.
2L- Legoboy’s AE take the Attack +1 glyph then retaliate and put two hits on Drake.
2C- Drake disengage from one AE (with no damage) to successfully kills the AE on the attack glyph.
3L- Grimnak moves in.
3C- Finn kills the final AE.

(My Drake and Finn have no time to celebrate taking out Legoboy's AE, as his samurai have moved in and Grimnak is on the march.)

Round 3:
The Captain’s hard luck rolls continue and the AE remain at the Cantina sipping a cold one. Captain wins initiative.
1C- Drake moves and takes the second glyph (initiative +1.
1L- Legoboy’s Izumi move in.
2C- Finn attacks an Izumi and comes up empty (no counterstrike consequence).
2L- Syvarris takes a turn and move closer.
3C- Finn attacks the Izumi again, although this time he takes two counterstrike wounds!!
3L- Grimnak gets closer (I can smell him from here)!!

Round 4:
Still no AE drop for the Captain!!! Bad times!!! The Captain wins initiative thanks to the glyph, but would much rather get the drop!!
1C- Drake move adjacent to Finn and pummels an Izumi.
1L- The Izumi attempt to return the favor to Drake, but miss horribly.
2C- Drake about-faces and quickly dispatches another Izumi to the afterlife.
2L- Grimnak moves in, gets a big roll, and kills Drake.
3C- Drake is dead, no turn (ugghh)!!
3L- Izumi put another wound on Finn.

(Legoboy's Grimnak moves in and prepares to take a huge CHOMP out of my gameplan.)

Round 5:
The Captain really needs to drop his AE. He rolls the D20 and gets a….. ONE!! I guess it’s just not my day. To make matters worse, Legoboy wins intiative.
1L- Grimnak takes the attack glyph.
1C- Finn attacks Izumi and whiffs (no counterstrike damage).
2L- Izumi attacks Finn and whiffs (A lot of swatting at air)!!
2C- Finn attacks Izumi again, however, the counterstrike does him in. Finn goes on the AE card (like that will ever help)!!
3L- Syvarris move in a little closer.
3C- My Last Samurai retreats, hoping and praying for air support.

Round 6:
The Captain fails yet again to drop the AE. Things look bleak. I do win initiative though- whoopee!!
1C- The Last Samurai retreats even further to get out of Grimnaks movement range.
1L- Legoboy’s Izumi takes the initiative glyph.
2C- The Last Samurai hides behind a tree hoping to get out of Syvarris’ sights.
2L- Here comes Syvarris!!
3C- The last Samurai cowers behind a tree wishing he never left his Dojo this morning.
3L- Legoboy cowardly and dishonorably kills the Last Samurai.

(The pointy-eared, skirt wearing bow-twanger drops my lone samurai with a glyph enhanced 4 skulls.)

Final Results:
The Captain is completely destroyed, although his AE remain in the Cantina enjoying a hoppy beverage. The D20 has once more betrayed the Captain.

Legoboy finishes with Syvarris, one Izumi, Grimnak, and Drake (who never even had to move.

Our next game will probably be next Wednesday. We will use a pre-made 500 point army, and there are no special conditions (traditional play). We will post the armies for your critiques as soon as we have them.

Last edited by Captain Canuck; June 11th, 2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: had to add the pics
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Cowardly and dishonorably my hide. You could've rolled for the AE two more times and still wouldn't have gotten it. Syvarris took down your pathetic samurai as an act of kindness. He was begging to be dropped.

Thanks to everyone who was backing me. Fencerjared, brownsfan82 (who knew someone's AE wouldn't drop), General Grievous (Chompy made short work of the Sgt.). Rich10 and killercactus.

Last edited by legoboy; June 9th, 2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to give props
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:23 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Hey I got the Captain to stop watching the "Due South" marathon long enough to get the pics up. Check two posts above.
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:49 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I knew the AE would take down the pesky Deathwalker, didn't know it would be before he even got off an attack. Good job Legoboy, bad luck Captain!
Really like the color-coded turn records, by the way, makes things easy to follow.
1-0

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 12th, 2009, 11:34 PM

This week's battle will most likely be on Wednesday, June 17. We'll be using Highways and Dieways by UranusPChicago.

We didn't have any limitations on our army builds this week, except for the 500 point limit. As usual, we'll go with two random glyphs.

Captain Canuck's Army
Major Q9
Microcorp Agents x2
Deathreavers x3

Legoboy's Army
Agent Skahen
Marcu Esenwein
Gladiatrons x 3
Blastatrons x2

As you can tell, the Captain is really hurting for a victory he can post. Q9 and the rats will be tough to stop. Do you think Skahen and the 'Trons can do the trick?

(Just a note, we've played an additional game on each night of the You Pick the Winner games. The Captain has won each of them. Those games just aren't as important.)
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Legoboy!

Boise ID Scaper
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:47 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If the Captain can get the Microcorps on height and take out the Gladiatrons, he'll win. I'm going with the Captain.
Old June 13th, 2009, 08:36 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I don't think the Captain has enough offense against the Trons. The Rats should fall pretty quickly and Scatter is limited. If the Trons get through to Q9, its over.

I'm gonna go with legoboy.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:32 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll go with the Captain.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports