Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 4th, 2024, 04:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop 2.0

Some great feedback, thanks!

1. Path of Revenge is something the main character says a few times, so I think I would just add some more flair to it. In general what I was going for there is it combining with the additional normal attack actions so a path could be cut through a mass swarm of bodies on their way to their true target. Moving and killing their way forward, always.

PATH OF REVENGE
After making a normal attack action, you may maneuver 2 spaces. If you end that move adjacent to a new enemy, you may roll 1 damage die against it.

2. Good point there. Maybe make each figure move once before moving twice, before moving 3 times, etc. Then when in pursuit of Flash, the squad of 4 would all move 3 times. Doesn't solve the problem of when only 1 is left in play though, and no they don't have any magic abilities. So maybe just a cap will do it.

IN PURSUIT OF PREY

During setup, choose an opponent’s Unique Hero to be the Four Fangs Prey. After the Prey uses a move action, you may maneuver 1 of the Four Fangs 1 space for each space the Prey moved. No 1 Fang may move more than 5 spaces per turn.

3. Hadn't considered that. I guess them hopping away to avoid attacks wouldn't bother me. Between their own range 1 attack limitation and counter strike, trying to avoid a fight will only last so long. I also wouldn't be bothered by dropping the Stealth symbol and making them risk swipes.

4. I had briefly considered having a way for them to spend the markers they collected, but abandoned the idea as I though it was making the card overly complicated. So changing it so you just remove the investment marker from play to get the free start of the round activation is a good idea.

BLADES FOR HIRE
After rolling for initiative, before any Order Markers are revealed, an ally with an investment marker on its card may remove that marker to this card to activate the Four Fangs.
Old March 13th, 2024, 03:19 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Pitching a 2.0 port/slight rework of my proposed Godspeed design for 1.0

NAME = GODSPEED
SECRET IDENTITY = AUGUST HEART

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SUPERSPEED
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After Godspeed's attack phase, he may maneuver up to 2 spaces.

DIVIDED SPEED FORCE
Before activating Godspeed, you may place a Godspeed figure within 3 spaces of Godspeed, even if that figure had previously been destroyed. If there are any other Godspeed figures on the battlefield, reduce Godspeed's attack by 1 and his movement by 3.

SIPHONED SPEED
When any Godspeed figure in your army destroys a Common or Squad figure, roll a D20. On a 16+, Godspeed heals 1 wound. When any Godspeed figure in your army destroys a Unique Hero, Godspeed heals 1 wound, and, if that figure has the Speedster keyword, heals 1 additional wound.

SPEED DODGE 4
If Godspeed has 1+ blanks when defending, he avoids the attack and may maneuver up to 4 spaces.

STEALTH

NAME = GODSPEED
SECRET IDENTITY = SPEED CONSTRUCT

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 9
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SUPERSPEED
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After Godspeed's attack phase, he may maneuver up to 2 spaces.

SPEED FORCE CONSTRUCT
Godspeed does not start the game on the battlefield. When this figure is placed on the battlefield, remove all wound markers on this card. During cleanup, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or lower, all Godspeed figures you control on the battlefield take one wound. If Godspeed is destroyed, all Godspeed figures you control on the battlefield take two wounds. At the start of each round, you may remove Godspeed from the battlefield.

GODSPEED ASSAULT
After an ordered activation with an allied Godspeed, you may activate Godspeed. You may not activate additional figures this turn. If this figure attacks a figure engaged with another Godspeed you control, add 1 to its attack.

SPEED DODGE 4

If Godspeed has 1+ blanks when defending, he avoids the attack and may maneuver up to 4 spaces.

STEALTH

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76

Last edited by ALEXAN2507; March 13th, 2024 at 03:43 PM.
Old March 13th, 2024, 03:46 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Some notes on what I actually changed from the original 1.0 version I wrote up years ago

1. Originally I had both Godspeed and his clone as having August Heart as their secret identity, with the clone being named "Speed Force Clone". I figure naming them both Godspeed and giving them their own SIs avoids having to put in a "you can draft this August Heart with this August Heart" clause, and naming them both just Godspeed allows easier callouts of each other thanks to the new italics use in 2.0

2. Speed Siphon is a new addition. I felt like with the auto roll-to-wound, it might discourage people from using him for too high a burnout risk, so now there's a bit more of an aggressive risk-reward play. Also added a clause for destroying the Speed Force clone causing Original Godspeed some wounds, to add to the risk more. Also added an automatic "you can remove the Speed Force clone at start of round" clause which I didn't have before and probably should've.

Old March 13th, 2024, 03:56 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Godspeed, he is a Jojo.

Pretty cool - 4 powers is a lot, but luckily 2.0 language lets us clean some of that up. Like for example, you can do this;
Quote:
DIVIDED SPEED FORCE
Before activating Godspeed, you may revive another Godspeed figure at full life and place it within 3 spaces of Godspeed, even if that figure had previously been destroyed. If there are any other Godspeed figures on the battlefield, reduce Godspeed's attack by 1 and his movement by 3.
----------
SPEED FORCE CONSTRUCT
Godspeed does not start the game on the battlefield. When this figure is placed on the battlefield, remove all wound markers on this card. At the end of each round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or lower, all Godspeed figures you control on the battlefield take one wound. If Godspeed is destroyed, all Godspeed figures you control on the battlefield take two wounds.
Overall it's a pretty neat take, but it has some natural competition with the Splitting Images who are doing a lot of the same stuff for fairly cheap.

I guess my first instinct is to lose a lot of the stuff around him getting more/less powerful/hurt when he has the clone out? Like keep some in for flavor if it's essential, but splitting into 2 guys is this card's main thing...he should be good at it!

My second instinct is to try to get all the clone stuff on the second card? Not essential, but it's kinda nice when you can parse that kind of 'add-on' thing on one card instead of having to bounce back and forth.

Instinct the third is to try and simplify/buff the Speed Siphon? It's a cool power but it's based on destruction and it's counterdrafty, so I'm kinda worried it'll feel like a feelbad in certain situations, especially since it seems like the design is relying on that to stay alive.

Here's an attempt at a rewrite, factoring those points in and a few other things that seemed like good QoL improvements.
Quote:
NAME = GODSPEED

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

GODSPEED'S SPEED THAT IS GODLY
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After Godspeed's attack phase, if he is the only Godspeed you control, he may maneuver up to 2 spaces.

SIPHONED SPEED
When a Godspeed figure inflicts 1+ wounds on an enemy, roll a d20, adding that enemy's Move to your roll. On a 20+, Godspeed heals 1 wound.

SPEED DODGE 4
Quote:
NAME = GODSPEED

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SPEED FORCE CONSTRUCT
During setup, place Godspeed on this card. Before activating Godspeed, you may revive Godspeed at full Life and place him adjacent to that Godspeed. After an ordered activation with Godspeed, you may activate Godspeed then end your turn. When Godspeed is defeated, inflict 1 wound on an allied Godspeed.

MORE OF LIKE...A DEMIGOD SPEED, REALLY
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces.

SPEED DODGE 4
Old March 13th, 2024, 03:58 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Cool direction - I like the MrN tweaks.
Old March 13th, 2024, 04:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Could you give some point ranges here?
Like how powerful is he?
Old March 13th, 2024, 04:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Low 300s would be my thematic placement for him but I’m no expert.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2024, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Could you give some point ranges here?
Like how powerful is he?
I'm honestly not so great at figuring out the points- I kinda work mechanics first and hope someone knows how much my idea comes out points wise- I would agree with Bats that low 300s is reasonable, that places him close to Reverse Flash which seems fair.

Old March 13th, 2024, 07:08 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I could see him anywhere from mid-200s to low 300s, thematically. He's a powerhouse but not like, Savitar level.

I like the Nobody tweak on Speed Siphon. Mechanically encouraging going after Speedsters without a direct callout is cool.

Minis would be an issue, but it might be cool if the Speed Construct was common or uncommon since I recall him using several duplicates at once. Maybe I'm mixing that up with the TV show though - it's been a while since I read the Godspeed arc so it might not be a comic thing.
Old March 13th, 2024, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Godspeed, he is a Jojo.

Pretty cool - 4 powers is a lot, but luckily 2.0 language lets us clean some of that up. Like for example, you can do this;
Quote:
DIVIDED SPEED FORCE
Before activating Godspeed, you may revive another Godspeed figure at full life and place it within 3 spaces of Godspeed, even if that figure had previously been destroyed. If there are any other Godspeed figures on the battlefield, reduce Godspeed's attack by 1 and his movement by 3.
----------
SPEED FORCE CONSTRUCT
Godspeed does not start the game on the battlefield. When this figure is placed on the battlefield, remove all wound markers on this card. At the end of each round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 8 or lower, all Godspeed figures you control on the battlefield take one wound. If Godspeed is destroyed, all Godspeed figures you control on the battlefield take two wounds.
Overall it's a pretty neat take, but it has some natural competition with the Splitting Images who are doing a lot of the same stuff for fairly cheap.

I guess my first instinct is to lose a lot of the stuff around him getting more/less powerful/hurt when he has the clone out? Like keep some in for flavor if it's essential, but splitting into 2 guys is this card's main thing...he should be good at it!

My second instinct is to try to get all the clone stuff on the second card? Not essential, but it's kinda nice when you can parse that kind of 'add-on' thing on one card instead of having to bounce back and forth.

Instinct the third is to try and simplify/buff the Speed Siphon? It's a cool power but it's based on destruction and it's counterdrafty, so I'm kinda worried it'll feel like a feelbad in certain situations, especially since it seems like the design is relying on that to stay alive.

Here's an attempt at a rewrite, factoring those points in and a few other things that seemed like good QoL improvements.
Quote:
NAME = GODSPEED

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

GODSPEED'S SPEED THAT IS GODLY
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After Godspeed's attack phase, if he is the only Godspeed you control, he may maneuver up to 2 spaces.

SIPHONED SPEED
When a Godspeed figure inflicts 1+ wounds on an enemy, roll a d20, adding that enemy's Move to your roll. On a 20+, Godspeed heals 1 wound.

SPEED DODGE 4
Quote:
NAME = GODSPEED

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

SPEED FORCE CONSTRUCT
During setup, place Godspeed on this card. Before activating Godspeed, you may revive Godspeed at full Life and place him adjacent to that Godspeed. After an ordered activation with Godspeed, you may activate Godspeed then end your turn. When Godspeed is defeated, inflict 1 wound on an allied Godspeed.

MORE OF LIKE...A DEMIGOD SPEED, REALLY
Godspeed may move through all figures and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces.

SPEED DODGE 4
I like a lot of this- especially the rework for Siphoned Speed, that's a fun way to go about making speedsters a better target for Godspeed while not making other figures non-viable targets.

Thematically speaking, Godspeed does put a lot of strain on himself when maintaining a duplicate, to the point where prolonged use actually does cause him harm. I'm happy to leave the potential wound-to-self thing off the card if that works better for people, but I did also want there to be some element of risk to keeping a dupe out for a prolonged period (and the idea behind his Speed Siphon healing was to help offset that in the first place)- would it potentially work if I gave him a 5-or-lower automatic wound instead of an 8-or-lower to reduce the chance of it happening a bit, or do you think the self-auto-wound mechanic is just too finicky to include at all?

Old March 13th, 2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I could see him anywhere from mid-200s to low 300s, thematically. He's a powerhouse but not like, Savitar level.

I like the Nobody tweak on Speed Siphon. Mechanically encouraging going after Speedsters without a direct callout is cool.

Minis would be an issue, but it might be cool if the Speed Construct was common or uncommon since I recall him using several duplicates at once. Maybe I'm mixing that up with the TV show though - it's been a while since I read the Godspeed arc so it might not be a comic thing.
I did look it up recently to check, since it's been a hot minute since I read the Godspeed parts of Williamson's Flash (and indeed, Williamson's Flash in general)- from skimming the wiki, it does seem like he only ever had one duplicate at a time, I think the multiple dupes was a CW show thing only. It'd make sense, since his use of the duplicate was more of a misdirection thing ("Oh my God, Barry, who's that guy over there who definitely isn't me because I'm right next to you??") rather than like, a Multiple Man or Multiplex deal where it was his main method of attack.

Old March 13th, 2024, 07:19 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cool, that makes sense. I remembered it wasn't as prevalent as the CW's version, at least.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape