Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 20th, 2011, 08:43 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

This coming Monday (May 23) will be our last Club meeting for the school year. I am working on trying to arrange some club meetings for this summer. Only the members who are eligible to attend Monday's session will be eligible to attend any this summer. I'm still unsure as to next year.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:21 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

With our last regular weekly meeting happening tomorrow, I thought I better get last week's information up. We had some truly tremendous games, including one that featured one of the club leaders getting beat.

On to the games...

Battle I
Redman vs. Blue Mystery on Mohr Pass

Redman's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Blue Mystery's Army
Spoiler Alert!

I wish I knew what had happened to make Redman this happy.

Redman uses Jotun to quickly subdue Blue Mystery's forces.
With the aid of the giant and the troll, Redman rolls to another victory. Redman wins!!!

Battle II
RedRobbin vs. Streetballer on River Path

RedRobbin's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Streetballer
Spoiler Alert!

RedRobbin hopes to climb back into the upper echelons with a win this week.

He gazes down at Streetballer's troops wondering how Ana Karithon is going to help in this battle.

Streetballer has his own plans which involve getting rid of Sonlen as quickly as possible.

RedRobbin's KMA engaged one of Streetballer's Knights, giving up their chief assets, mobility and Stealth Dodge.
In the end, Streetballer's Knights chased RedRobbin's last EOV and Warrior os Ashra around the board. The Warrior used height to her advantage and managed to slay both Knights. RedRobbin wins!!!

Battle III
Flamestorm vs. Iceworshipper on Blazing Saddle

Flamestorm's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Iceworshipper's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Flamestorm gazes across the battlefield at Iceworshipper's forces.

Flamestorm moves his troops out onto the bridge and across to seek out the glory of battle.

Flamestorm scoots his KMA over the bridge and starts rolling height boosted attacks downhill onto Iceworshipper's remaining troops.
Even Raelin and Ne-Gok-Sa can't stand up to that for long. Flamestorm wins!!!

Battle IV
Lucky Dogg vs. Cosmicstar on Jandar's Territory

Lucky Dogg's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Cosmicstar's Army
Spoiler Alert!

After losing to an army similar to this build, Cosmicstar sends his KMA out to set to work on Lucky Dogg's Stingers.

Cosmicstar quickly drops his Airborne Elite into the game.

Lucky Dogg tries to find a suitable strategy to keep Cosmicstar's ranged forces at bay.

With Airborne Elite and Krav Maga on the same side of the map, Cosmicstar outranges everything in Lucky Dogg's army.
With his Agents and Infantry in the center of the board Cosmicstar has total ranged dominance over Lucky Dogg's troops. Which he soon rides to victory. Cosmicstar wins!!!

Battle V
Captain Canuck vs. Max Power on Atlaga Shrugged
Captain Canuck's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Max Power's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Before the battle, Max Power verifies his forces abilities as well as those of Canuck's forces.

Knowing that he outranges his opponent, Captain Canuck hopes to keep the Stingers at bay with his Snipers.
With an overwhelming number of forces at his disposal, and unbelievable ease of order marker management, Max Power is able to defeat Canuck's Omnicron army. Max Power wins!!!

Battle VI
Legoboy vs. Mr. Blue on Mohr Pass

Legoboy's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Mr. Blue's Army
Spoiler Alert!

Legoboy explains his army's benefits to Mr. Blue. Mr. Blue was hoping to face swarms of Deathreavers and brought an army to deal with that threat.

Legoboy sends his Sentinels into action.

Mr. Blue faces Legoboy's 4th Mass on height and hoping that they will move. Unfortunately, his troops are engaged to Sentinels.
Legoboy keeps his troops on the high ground, grinding Mr. Blue's forces to so much plastic dust. Legoboy wins!!!

I told you it was a good week. Redman rolls to another victory and Captain Canuck loses. Everyone has a good time. The newest standings will be posted as soon as I can get them done.

Last edited by legoboy; May 23rd, 2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Pics didn't work. Sorry.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:28 AM

Newest Standings- through May 16's session

Top Ten Points Per Game- (points/ games played)
Minimum of 5 games played. (Maximum score of 3.00)

1st- Legoboy 2.54 (1st last session)
2nd- Mr. Blue 2.31 (1st last session)
t- 3rd- Captain Canuck 2.25 (3rd last session)
t- 3rd- RedRobbin 2.25 (4th last session)
t- 3rd - Flamestorm 2.25 (4th last session)

6th- Cosmicstorm 1.94 (6th last session)
7th- Krug12 1.71 (7th last session)
8th- Iceworshipper 1.41 (8th last session)
9th- Super Saiyan 1.25 (9th last session)
10th- Shootingstar 1.20 (10th last session)

Current Point Standings
(wins-losses-ties)
(through May 16's session)
(3 points per win, 1 point per tie, 0 per loss)
t- 1st- 36 points- Flamestorm (12-4)
t-1st- 36 points- RedRobbin (12-4)

t-3rd- 33 points- Legoboy (11-2)
t-3rd- 33 points- Cosmicstar (11-6)

5th - 30 points- Mr. Blue (10-3)
6th- 27 points- Captain Canuck (9-3)
7th- 24 points- Iceworshipper (8-9)
8th- 13 points- Redman (4-12-1)
9th- 12 points- Krug12 (4-3)
10th- 10 points- Super Saiyan (3-4-1)
11th - 7 points- Streetballer (2-6-1)
12th - 6 points- Shootingstar (2-3)
13th- 4 points- Unnamed Player 1 (1-3-1)
t-14th- 3 points- Max Power (1-1)
t-14th- 3 points- Superman (1-2)
t-14th- 3 points- LuckyDogg (1-4)
t-14th- 3 points- ShogUn (1-4)
t-14th- 3 points- Phantom Mist (1-6)
t-19th- 0 points- Krav_Maga_Agents (0-1)
t-19th- 0 points- Ghost (0-2)
t-19th – 0 points- Blue Mystery (0-3)
t-19th- 0 points- Cool Marro (0-3)
t-19th- 0 points- Boba Fett (0-3)
Old November 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Re: Legoboy's 5th Grade HeroScape Club

Tomorrow will be our first club meeting of the new school year. Some of the veteran mambers from last year will join as a new crop of fifth graders takes to the battlefields of Valhalla. In addition to Captain Canuck, the ShogUn and myself a fourth teacher, Thor will now be playing.

For the first couple of sessions players will play "mini-games" with between 200 and 350 points. I've created several small maps and balanced (according to points) armies on each. I've tried to highlight one or two different "specialty" terrain types on each map so that players do not need to remember several different sets of terrain rules in these early games.

Once our new players develop a feel for the game, we will return to player-created 500 point armies.

I'll feature the maps below once I can get pictures of them. Until tomorrow then...
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:13 AM

Our after-school HeroScape club officially kicked off the second year last week. We had a tremendous turnout with three staff members (Captain Canuck was gone due to the birth of his baby boy, Baby Canuck), eight returning veterans and nine new fifth graders!

After each new player picked a moniker for online use, the veterans each picked out a board to play at. New members played against the vets in 250-400 point skirmishes. Each map had two preselected armies already at it, so club members could jump right into battle. As soon as one game finished, the members could move to a new board and a new partner and go again.

I'll explain the thought process in the maps a little later on, for now, I wanted to get straight to the pics.

CosmicStar shows DeathMachine how to keep his Krav Maga alive.

Thor tries manuvering Moltenclaw and Mimring around some hot warehouses.

Scarlet Stinger experiments with Raelin, the Kravs and some 'Rats while RedRobbin enjoys some refreshments.

Megatron's Feral Troll peers over some ruins at Flamestorm's Phantom Knight.

Icegirl tries to keep her elves alive against Iceworshipper's DW9K and Marro Warriors.

Black Ice moves Syvarris in for the kill against Krug12.

Mr. Blue and Krugin pause to consult their figures' cards.

Crazyboy's Drudge have almost eliminated the threat of Streetballer's Krav Maga.

Redman8 checks his stats befor attacking Crazy Girl.

These last three just show the group having a great time. Thanks to everyone who came to play and to al of you who checked in on us. See you next week.

(Yes that is the Ryougabot's Synergy Chart hanging in the background. I told him I would use it at school. The kids check it out all the time.)

Last edited by legoboy; November 14th, 2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old November 14th, 2011, 01:17 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome job teaching all this kids such a great game especially having so many returning members. I just taught my 5th grade brother how to play heroscape, and he's already looking forward to playing them at your tournament (assuming some of them go).
Old November 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

It's good to see the heroscape club back up and running.
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:26 AM

We have now had three sessions of meetings where we played a number of quick matches, using the armies that were on each board. Tomorrow we play our first matches where we have created the armies ourselves. Or, at least we selected which figures to use.

The following pictures are from the November 14th meeting. We had a smaller number of players, but the fun wasn't diminished at all.

Lynx-Eye and Mr. Blue

the ShogUn and Redman

Iceworshipper and Scarlett Stinger (What a rocking name! I wish my name was that cool. I'm 38 and still go by "Legoboy"? I should be Lego-senior-citizen.)

Black Ice and Flamestorm

Cosmicstorm and an as yet unnamed player

A couple of games

Thor, our fourth staff member to join, getting an education from Streetballer.
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Can I just say that this is possibly the single greatest idea ever. This is a genious idea. What I would've done to get one of these at my school....
Old December 7th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
Can I just say that this is possibly the single greatest idea ever. This is a genious idea. What I would've done to get one of these at my school....
Thanks, man. It was actually my wife's idea. I'm not sure if she was motivated to get me out of the house more often, get all of my terrain out of the house, or just looking for a way to make my job more rewarding. Whatever her reasons, I'm glad she thought of it.

I like that the students are forced to use reading comprehension, basic math computation and some strategic thinking. Plus, hello, we get to play Heroscape.

I've introduced 55 students in my class, plus their friends and families to this game. WotC should pay me their Heroscape advertising budget. Oh yeah, they never had one.

I always hope that some bigwig at WotC sees this thread, sees my kids playing and chokes.
Old December 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Great job with this Legoboy. I think it's awesome that you do this and I agree that the kids are learning while they are playing. I've gotten into many other board games over the past 8 months besides HS, and always tell the wife that the kids are learning as they play. Reading, math and strategic thinking are always something that young kids could use extra practice with. Also, learning to be gracious when winning or losing is great too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM

I stayed home to take care of a sick child today and thought I'd seize the opportunity to get our latest club matchups, results and photos. This week, each member designed their own army worth no more than 350 points. We played on mostly the same maps that we had been using. I still need to let you check those out at some point. On to the matchups...

Match 1- Deathmachine vs. Kruggin
Deathmachine's Army-Venom, Venoc Warlord, Red Wyrmling and Venoc Vipers
Kruggin's Army-Syvarris, Raelin (RotV), Shiori, Drudge x2 and Nagrubs x2

Deathmachine had hoped that Venom and the Vipers could get in and do damage, but Kruggin's ranged forces made use of the extra defensive dice from Raelin and the terrain to come away with a victory. Kruggin wins!

Match 2- Cosmicstorm vs. IceGirl
Cosmicstar's Army-Iron Golem, Omnicron Snipers x2 and the Tarn Viking Warriors
IceGirl's Army-Othkurik, Moriko and Krav Maga Agents

Cosmicstorm led with his Snipers and kept IceGirl's forces caught in the crossfire. Cosmicstorm for the win!

Match 3- Thor vs. the ShogUn
Thor's Army-Fen Hydra, Pelloth, Darrak Ambershard and Deepwyrm Drow
the ShogUn's Army-Mimring, Agent Carr and the Krav Maga Agents

This game was played with slippery ice, which should have given the ShogUn's ranged forces an advantage. Thor worked hard and had a bit of luck go his way to pull off an upset. Thor wins!

Match 4- Redman vs. Captain Canuck
Redman's Army-Major Q10, Stingers x2, Drudge and Nagrubs
Captain Canuck's Army-Fen Hydra, Krug and the Airborne Elite

In a map played with deep snow, Captain Canuck used his Hydra almost exclusively in the early game while Redman went with a more balanced approach. Unfortunately for Redman, the Hydra got loose among his troops and started a feast that Krug joined later. Canuck for the win!

Match 5- Lynx-Eye vs. Scarlet Stinger
Lynx-Eye'sArmy-Mimring, Krav Maga Agents, Stingers and Deathreavers
Scarlet Stinger's Army-Spider-Man, Estivara, Deepwyrm Drow and an Air Elemental

Krav Maga and rats are hard to beat, so are Stingers and rats. Lynx-Eye had them both, plus Mimring. Scarlet Stinger used the road to her advantage, but was unable to take out Lynx-Eye's ranged army. Lynx-Eye wins!

Match 6- Megatron18 vs. RedRobbin
Megatron 18's Army-Taelord, Earth Elemental, Blue Wyrmling, White Wyrmling, Black Wyrmling and Nagrubs
RedRobbin's Army-Crixus, Stingers x3 and Deathreavers x2

RedRobbin must have spent the off-season planning, because his army came ready to roll. Taelord and his small heroes were unable to stop the might of RedRobbin's army. I don't know that I could have beat Red's army with the one that I took. RedRobbin wins!

Match 7- Flamestorm vs. CrazyGirl
Flamestorm's Army-Othkurik, 10th Regiment x2 and Greenscale Warriors
CrazyGirl's Army-Jotun, Otonashi and Krav Maga Agents

Flamestorm knew that the way to bring down any of the bigger heroes is to stand back and open fire. That's exactly what he did as his Redcoats brought down the giant and his little friends. Flamestorm stands victorious!

Match 8- Unnamed Player 4 vs. Mr. Blue
Unnamed Player 4's Army-Sonlen, Chardris, Arkmer and a Sahuagin Raider
Mr. Blue's Army-Siege, Stingers x3 and Marro Warriors

Playing on magma rock and skirting around lava flows was new to UP4. He played his elfin army well, but experience and three squads of Stingers gave Mr. Blue the edge. Mr. Blue wins!

Match 9- Crazee Boy vs. Streetballer
Crazee Boy's Army-Captain America, Ne-Gok-Sa and Theracus
Streetballer's Army-Major Q9, Siege and Marro Warriors

This battle played out on the only map that I didn't create. This was played on Goblin Canyon by Chardar, one of the first two maps inducted into the Raids of Valhalla. Q9 is always hard to deal with, and despite Captain America using his shield very well against the Marro, the big Soulborg was too much for Crazee Boy to deal with. Streetballer wins!

We'll continue to play with smaller armies this month, and start up in January with our normal 500 point armies. I'm hoping to hear from my administrative team soon about the tourney I want to host this winter. I hope that some of my club members will play.

Oh, here are the requisite aerial shots from our meeting.

Check back next week to see the matchups and early standings. I will post both total point standings and the more-telling PPG standings.

Spoiler Alert!

-a late note- As we dismissed on Monday, another student from the school asked me...
"Hey, is Heroscape fun?"
"Dude, fifteen kids just stayed after school for an hour and a half to play a board game. What do you think"
I think the results speak for themselves. See you next week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events