Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 5th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

NAME = REVERSE-FLASH
SECRET IDENTITY = EOBARD THAWNE

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ANTAGONIST
PERSONALITY = OBSESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 280

OBSESSIVE RIVALRY
At the start of the game, choose an opponent’s Unique Hero to be Reverse-Flash’s Obsession. Whenever Reverse-Flash’s Obsession moves normally, you may move Reverse-Flash an equal number of spaces. Once per round if Reverse-Flash ends this move adjacent to his Obsession, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

SPEED FORCE
Reverse-Flash may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. If Reverse-Flash did not attack this turn, you may either move him up to an additional 4 spaces, or choose up to 3 figures Reverse-Flash moved through this turn and roll an unblockable attack die against each chosen figure.

TEMPORAL SPEED DODGE 4
Whenever a special power refers to the Temporal Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well. When Reverse-Flash defends against an attack and you roll at least one blank or once per round if you remove any numbered Order Marker from this card, Reverse-Flash takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

——————————————
Here’s another version of Thawne. His appearances often have him obsess over someone and making their life miserable (usually Barry, but he’s done the same to other characters on occasion). Oftentimes he and Flash are neck and neck when running/fighting so I wanted to replicate that in gameplay.

He’s a time traveler so roping in Temporal Defense made sense to me. I’d like to modify Speed Force to call it Negative Speed Force with a slightly different effect, but I’m not sure what changes I’d make as the current mechanics are very useful.

Further ideas - higher base defense and slap on normal Temporal Defense. Change Speed Force into Negative Speed Force and have it be a figure mover, or d20 wounder, that sort of thing. "It was me, Barry": a power where whenever someone whiffs or something Thawne is activated.

Last edited by Arch-vile; September 26th, 2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old October 5th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I like it
Old October 5th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looks horrible to play against. You can never escape him and he gets to roll autowounds all without OMs. Yikes.
Does Speed Force require a turn to get the unlockable die?
Old October 5th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Being frustrating to play against is definitely a concern. The unblockable die is only once per round, and you can control how much Reverse-Flash moves by limiting your own movement. So I think a savvy opponent could avoid it or at least minimize the effect.

Speed Force does require a turn, yes. It's the same power from Wally West's Flash.
Old October 5th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He will be a top notch tie down figure like the Weird.
Big fan of static powers in general though. Would be cool to compile a list of those.
Old October 5th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I get what T is saying. He’s going to be impossibly fast and very hard to throw once he gets engaged with you, and I can see why that could be unfun to play against.

An idea I had a while back for another character that I just figured I’d throw out there;
Quote:
SPEED PURSUIT
Figures cannot use any special power on an Army Card or Glyph to ignore a Leaving Engagement Attack from Reverse Flash. If Reverse Flash rolls for a leaving engagement attack and rolls a skull, you may immediately move him up to 1 space, as long as he ends the move adjacent to the figure who received the leaving engagement attack.
I think it keeps the same neck-in-neck pursuit vibe without seeming quite as oppressive.
Old October 5th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
He will be a top notch tie down figure like the Weird.
Big fan of static powers in general though. Would be cool to compile a list of those.
Spoilers, chap... spoilers....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 5th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Archie

I find powers like Tenacity or Killer Croc's power often just means figures will never take leaving engagement attacks as to not risk it, so those powers activate very rarely. I think that specific power might be worse, actually, as moving non-normally (Stretch Walk, Bat-Grapple, movement bonding) can avoid my version.
Old October 5th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I find powers like Tenacity or Killer Croc's power often just means figures will never take leaving engagement attacks as to not risk it, so those powers activate very rarely.
That's part of the point, though, to be fair. It's a deterrent.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 5th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

But I guess the vibe here shouldn’t be “stop Flash from running away” as much as it is “Thawne keeps up with Flash, no escape” so I see Archie’s point. I think there should be a nice middle ground where it feels like RF is screwing with Barry without it feeling like he’s stopping/severely hampering Barry’s ability to do his main thing; running around really fast.
Old October 5th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
But I guess the vibe here shouldn’t be “stop Flash from running away” as much as it is “Thawne keeps up with Flash, no escape” so I see Archie’s point. I think there should be a nice middle ground where it feels like RF is screwing with Barry without it feeling like he’s stopping/severely hampering Barry’s ability to do his main thing; running around really fast.
Oh, I agree it doesn't really fit here.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 5th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Obsessive Vendetta will need a new title as that one has already been used by Hush.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy