Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 27th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played a long 4 player game of A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) this afternoon/evening.

I was house Greyjoy and kind of got sandwiched between Stark and Lannister. I was allied with Stark for a while and attacked Lannister, but then I should have moved a ship into a waterway to keep Stark honest and then it was too late and he used his Raid token to remove my Support from my 2 ships off my isles and then captured one of my strongholds and then captured another player's stronghold to get control of 7 total for the win in round 9 of 10 possible. Fun game but it was quite long, considering the rules explanation as well as distractions from the 10 month-old and 2+ year-old kids of the host and hostess. But it's all good.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Went to a one day game convention today (yesterday) called Unity Games. Played:
Love Letter
Ginkgopolis
Road to Canterbury
Wiraqocha
Suburbia
Navagador

And I picked up Goblins inc., but didn't get to play it yet.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma:

I've only played Game of Thrones (The Board Game Second Edition) twice, although I own it, and it seems that Baratheon has much the advantage. An expansion I just got updates the game to volume 5 of the books, but needs 6 players. Its an amazing and unique system, a fine design, but seems not accessible to fewer players, so it doesn't get as much play as it should, which is too bad.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma:

I've only played Game of Thrones (The Board Game Second Edition) twice, although I own it, and it seems that Baratheon has much the advantage. An expansion I just got updates the game to volume 5 of the books, but needs 6 players. Its an amazing and unique system, a fine design, but seems not accessible to fewer players, so it doesn't get as much play as it should, which is too bad.
Chas,

I don't own this game, but the player that does has had it for a while and finally got to play it yesterday for the first time, second time and third time Though I was only there for the first time. Needless to say, we were supposed to start at 2 and by time we finished setting up and explaining the rules, we didn't start until 3 and didn't finish until just after 8pm. There were the baby and toddler distractions that kept pausing the game and the 45 min pizza break, but it was fun. One of the guys had called his brother in-law at around 6pm to see if he wanted to drive 1 1/2 hours to come over and play the game and he did. He must have gotten there around 8:30 or so and from what I just read on boardgamegeek.com, those 4 played not 1, but 2 games! Of course, once 3 of the people had just played it, it was much easier and quicker, not to mention the kids were put to bed and there were no pizza breaks.
I guess it ended at around 2 am, too late for me

Anyway, out of the 3 games total played all the houses won except Greyjoy. Greyjoy is jut tough being sandwiched between Stark and Lannister. In the game I had played, Baratheon did go south and was close to winning a couple times, but just didn't have enough advance opportunities at the right time. It's harder for Stark to get to Baratheon, as well as Greyjoy, so unless Lannister allies with Greyjoy and goes after Baratheon, Baratheon does have a decent advantage with unopposed territories.

Old January 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Love Letter
Ginkgopolis
Road to Canterbury
Wiraqocha
Suburbia
Navagador

Sounds fun!

When I went to Tom's recently, coincidentally enough, we played Love Letter, Ginkgopolis, Suburbia, and Libertalia. Guess those are some of the "hot" games right now.

Love to hear about the others you played--and about Goblins, when you get to it.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Love Letter
Ginkgopolis
Road to Canterbury
Wiraqocha
Suburbia
Navagador

Sounds fun!

When I went to Tom's recently, coincidentally enough, we played Love Letter, Ginkgopolis, Suburbia, and Libertalia. Guess those are some of the "hot" games right now.

Love to hear about the others you played--and about Goblins, when you get to it.
I enjoy the heck out of Love Letter and Libertalia. How is Suburbia and Ghikgopolis?

Old January 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Went over to a friend's house for some gaming. We were there for 8 hours, but only played 3 games.

First was Fortune and Glory. A few of our 6 players had played before, but with all the new players we co-oped against Nazis. It got scary early on when the Nazis hit half their goal while we were struggling to get started. But then we got rolling and racked up the necessary Fortune fairly easily.

Next up was A Touch of Evil. I was invited to bring this and teach it, and though I really wanted to play Team (I think it's the best way to play both games), being the only one who has played before, we stuck with 6-player co-op against the Bog Fiend. The Shadow Track moved along pretty steadily, but half of us were able to get geared up pretty quickly. Even though half the elders turned evil, between us we were able to eliminate the worst of the Mystery cards. The Showdown didn't even last a single fight round - after fighting only 4 of the players, the Fiend and his elders were all dead (including the first player throwing a boosted-by-everyone 26 dice for 26 wounds ).

Finally, with 5 players left, we got in a game of King of Tokyo with the expansion. I hadn't played with it before and chose Alienoid, using one of his cards to pull off an early Psychic Probe, and proceeding to **** off all the other players by forcing re-rolls and preventing anyone from getting more power ups. I didn't quite win, though, as the Kraken brooded in his Sunken Temple (which is ridiculously powerful) for a while then finally joined the game again to win with 20 points (I had made it to 15).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I haven't seen Sunken Temple yet. How bad is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Love Letter
Ginkgopolis
Road to Canterbury
Wiraqocha
Suburbia
Navagador

Sounds fun!

I enjoy the heck out of Love Letter and Libertalia. How is Suburbia and Ghikgopolis?
I really like Suburbia. It isn't a flashy/sexy game, fairly plain in a lot of ways, but the play was really involving--great choices, lots of options, and it really feels like you're trying to build a community. I'm hoping to play it again soon and see if my first impressions were right.

I liked Ginkgopolis as well, though it feels a bit more swingy. Has some novel gameplay, but the cards/tiles drawn can swing things. Definitely one I want to play again and see if it really is "swingy" or if it just has another level of play that we didn't tap in our first game. (It was Tom's review copy and the first time he'd played it as well, so definitely a learning game.)
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Sewer Pirats (great family game) and T2R yesterday.

Ginkopolis

-insert signature here-
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

3 player Carcassonne yesterday with 4 or 5 expansions including the Tower. Tower was completely filled plus extra piles. We didn't get finished, but a 4'x4' table was almost completely filled.
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:56 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Playing a good bit of X-Wing Miniatures and waiting for Wave 2 to hit the American shores. This weekend I started a project creating a storage unit for the game since I will soon outgrow the two core boxes that currently hold everything.

If you are interested I posted some pictures my work-in-progress on BGG. Here's the link:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11189888#11189888
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Cool storage unit jb

Last night just got in some light gaming.

King of Tokyo with the Power Up expansion
- I actually survived more than 5 minutes in KoT for once. Finished 2nd in 6 player game with the winner sneaking in 20 points and a couple lives before I could take him out. I like the game a lot better with the expansion. Those new cards make the monsters play different instead of basically all being generic.

Played 7 Wonders Leaders with 7 people and just got crap cards and came in last.

Played Stone Age - I think I'd only played this once before and it showed when going against some veteran players. I didn't focus on one path and it cost me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games