Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 22nd, 2021, 04:44 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Workshop

Just a spot for my public designs in progress. Open to comments.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ericth74; June 3rd, 2022 at 07:50 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 05:37 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker

NAME = The Angelus
SECRET IDENTITY = Danielle Baptiste/Jenny Romano/None

SPECIES = Entity/Angel
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = (INSERT)
PERSONALITY = Righteous

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

PURGE THE DARKNESS
When The Angelus attacks a Undead, Demon, or a Hero named The Darkness with her normal attack, you may add 2 dice to her attack. If The Angelus can attack The Darkness she must.

LIGHT MANIPULATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.
Before using this special attack, choose to do one of the following:
-add 1 automatic skull to your attack roll and attack one additional time;
-add 3 to this special attack's range and subtract 1 shield from the defending figure;
-subtract 1 attack from this special attack and all skulls rolled count as 1 additional hit.
This special attack may only be used once per round.

ARMOR OF LIGHT
When The Angelus rolls defense against a normal attack from a figure that is not The Darkness, if at least one shield is rolled the most wounds The Angelus can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Old September 22nd, 2021, 06:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I linked you in the SP Ericth74.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 06:13 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I linked you in the SP Ericth74.
Hey, thanks!
Old September 22nd, 2021, 06:22 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderquail View Post

NAME = The Angelus

SPECIES = Entity/Angel
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = (INSERT)
PERSONALITY = Righteous

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

PURGE THE DARKNESS
When The Angelus attacks a Undead, Demon, or a Hero named The Darkness with her normal attack, you may add 2 dice to her attack. If The Angelus can attack The Darkness she must.

-add 3 to this special attack's range and subtract 1 shield from the defending figure;
-subtract 1 attack from this special attack and all skulls rolled count as 1 additional hit.
This special attack may only be used once per round.

ARMOR OF LIGHT
When The Angelus rolls defense against a normal attack from a figure that is not The Darkness, if at least one shield is rolled the most wounds The Angelus can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Not a huge fan of Purge the Darkness here, since super counterdrafty stuff means I probably won't draft her in normal games. I don't mind a bonus against certain figures, but the Darkness callout and it being +2 is pretty big stuff. I don't recall her exacts, but if it's thematically viable it might be fun to give her leadership or synergy with all figures with sensory assault? (Those figures typically weaponize light).

A big flashy SA is cool, lots of options there. Are those thematic in any way? What's the story behind all the options? The issue with something like this being once per round, is that if she's your only figure then 2 out of your 3 turns she's just a flying beatstick. So I think she should have SOME other trick other than the SA since her other power is just a passive defense.

Cool start though.
Old September 22nd, 2021, 06:39 PM

Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker Cinderquail knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

Not a huge fan of Purge the Darkness here, since super counterdrafty stuff means I probably won't draft her in normal games. I don't mind a bonus against certain figures, but the Darkness callout and it being +2 is pretty big stuff. I don't recall her exacts, but if it's thematically viable it might be fun to give her leadership or synergy with all figures with sensory assault? (Those figures typically weaponize light).

A big flashy SA is cool, lots of options there. Are those thematic in any way? What's the story behind all the options? The issue with something like this being once per round, is that if she's your only figure then 2 out of your 3 turns she's just a flying beatstick. So I think she should have SOME other trick other than the SA since her other power is just a passive defense.

Cool start though.
My thought process behind Purge the Darkness is that thematically the Angelus exists to battle the Darkness. So I think having something to force her into attacking him if possible is a must. I'm to the idea of giving synergy for sensory assault, might be a good start for the angelus warriors. As for the special attack The Angelus can turn light and fire into psychical weapons, such as swords, spears, and back into fire or light. Maybe saying she can only use each attack once per round might be a better system?
Old September 22nd, 2021, 07:06 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Forcing attacks on a single figure just seems bad. I get where you’re coming from thematically but nothing about that power seems fun really so I’d try to find a different direction. Synergy with Sensory Assault cards would be a neat direction. Army of the Light or something like that.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 02:12 AM

Changed her first ability to give the possibility for bonding with Sensory Assault figures. Not super committed to her bonus against demons and such, just didn't want to repeat effects from her special attack. Trying to leave the bonding ability open for Common/Uncommon hero's so Angelus Warriors could be a possibility in the future. Also made a change to the special attack allowing each effect to be used once per round.

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 23rd, 2021, 04:11 AM

I like these changes. Potential Sensory Assault bonding could make for some new builds.

Quote:
Changed her first ability to give the possibility for bonding with Sensory Assault figures. Not super committed to her bonus against demons and such, just didn't want to repeat effects from her special attack. Trying to leave the bonding ability open for Common/Uncommon hero's so Angelus Warriors could be a possibility in the future. Also made a change to the special attack allowing each effect to be used once per round.

Spoiler Alert!
Old September 23rd, 2021, 12:39 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:

NAME = The Angelus

SPECIES = Entity/Angel
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = (INSERT)
PERSONALITY = Righteous

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

WARRIORS OF LIGHT
When The Angelus attacks a figure with the Species of Demon, Undead, or Creature with her normal attack, that figure gains no bonuses from special powers for defense rolls. If The Angelus inflicts one or more wounds during her turn, you may take a turn with a Hero you control with the Sensory Assault special power. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

You may only use each option from this special attack once per round.

ARMOR OF LIGHT

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Looking much better to me! Curious about a theme question since it's been a while since I've read Darkness, does she have any actual power over light? Jackie can make constructs out of darkness, so I'd assume Angelus could do something similar. If that's the case, I wonder if we can't do something a tad different than just normal bonding?

Quote:
WARRIORS OF LIGHT
When The Angelus attacks a figure with the Species of Demon, Undead, or Creature with her normal attack, that figure gains no bonuses from special powers for defense rolls. If a figure you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Angelus would use its Sensory Assault special power, you may reroll up to two attack dice.
So instead of a conditional bonding making Angelus an Order Marker hub, she can enhance the light of other light-based figures. Then if you wanted to create Warriors for her, I might give them a sidekick power for both Angelus and figures with Sensory Assault. Dr Light and Dazzler give debuffs, so another option for Angelus is give her some sort of debuff aura as well, to double down on that, making this "faction" a bit more unique. Or the common warriors could do that as well.

I think the SA needs a little TLC (Like I'm not sure if a double attack effect even works with the once-per-round choices and such), but that's minor and can be fixed later on.

Good stuff.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Looking much better to me! Curious about a theme question since it's been a while since I've read Darkness, does she have any actual power over light? Jackie can make constructs out of darkness, so I'd assume Angelus could do something similar. If that's the case, I wonder if we can't do something a tad different than just normal bonding?

So instead of a conditional bonding making Angelus an Order Marker hub, she can enhance the light of other light-based figures. Then if you wanted to create Warriors for her, I might give them a sidekick power for both Angelus and figures with Sensory Assault. Dr Light and Dazzler give debuffs, so another option for Angelus is give her some sort of debuff aura as well, to double down on that, making this "faction" a bit more unique. Or the common warriors could do that as well.

I think the SA needs a little TLC (Like I'm not sure if a double attack effect even works with the once-per-round choices and such), but that's minor and can be fixed later on.

Good stuff.
Yeah as mentioned in a previous post she can manufacture weapons out of light, but her warriors are different from the darklings as they can exists without the Angelus having a host. I'm right there with you on the SA not really in love with my idea either but having something sort a SA for her is important I think. Might take that one back to the drawing board altogether.

On another note after getting a refresher on the comics for inspiration, I actually think the darkness should end up being more powerful. Especially if Jackie will end up being the host, seeing as how he defeats the Angelus most of the time.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 01:37 PM
...has moist legs

I like an SA here, even if it gets tweaked a bit.

Not too worried about Jackie being more powerful (Definitely using Jackie. I don't care who we have as the Angelus host, could just leave blank honestly) Keep in mind that he's the protagonist, and the protagonists always beat the villains (at least eventually) in comic books. But keeping them relatively on-par seems the coolest to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy